Possible Gigan/Megalon Origin?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Gojora
JXSDF Technician

Re: Possible Gigan/Megalon Origin?

Post by Gojora »

RumbleJapan wrote:
Gojora wrote:I'll think that gigan's a space chicken mutated by a nuclear meteor while megalon's a roach mutated by nuclear drills that somehow merged with his arms.
I created Megalon, but not on purpose. I was a curious five-year-old wanting to know what would happen if I microwaved a cockroach with silverware.
So megalon will never die?
DAMNIT! Now my house's infested by giant cockroaches!
TK's Touhou resident.
Basically the only guy here that likes the Shadow Arena.
RIP Shadow Arena, it was my favorite place...
Resized Image
Kaijunator wrote:
Derzerb wrote:Apocalymon makes this fight one-sided since he can flat out delete enemies or he could just wipe out the entire dimension.
Delete enemies. Lol.
Apocalymon: I want to delete my opponents. *goes to computer* and delete! *presses delete button, all enemies get deleted*.

RumbleJapan
GPN Volunteer

Post by RumbleJapan »

Gojora wrote:
RumbleJapan wrote:
Gojora wrote:I'll think that gigan's a space chicken mutated by a nuclear meteor while megalon's a roach mutated by nuclear drills that somehow merged with his arms.
I created Megalon, but not on purpose. I was a curious five-year-old wanting to know what would happen if I microwaved a cockroach with silverware.
So megalon will never die?
DAMNIT! Now my house's infested by giant cockroaches!
Just nuke a lizard with bug spray in the microwave and you'll have your very own pet Godzilla to deal with them. ;)
Visit my fan site: Goji Database

he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Post by he-ba »

Is it possible that Megalon and Gigan are both insects just mutated? I'm trying to say they are the same genus, but very different species. I think. They are insects very close together.

Anyways, what if the Nebulans had more equipment to modify Gigan much further than Megalon because the Seatopians had Earthings who could somehow find out about the major working going on underground? That's a really long sentence, but I think you get the point. Maybe it was a competition between the two to see whos is was better, the Nebulans released theirs first, the Seatopians got mad, then they sent out Megalon who was much more inferior to Gigan, so they called on the superior monster to help out.
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

JamesFordBrody
Young Farmer

Post by JamesFordBrody »

he-ba wrote:Is it possible that Megalon and Gigan are both insects just mutated? I'm trying to say they are the same genus, but very different species. I think. They are insects very close together.

Anyways, what if the Nebulans had more equipment to modify Gigan much further than Megalon because the Seatopians had Earthings who could somehow find out about the major working going on underground? That's a really long sentence, but I think you get the point. Maybe it was a competition between the two to see whos is was better, the Nebulans released theirs first, the Seatopians got mad, then they sent out Megalon who was much more inferior to Gigan, so they called on the superior monster to help out.
Gigan being an insect? X
Either of them being mutations or anything natural? X
The Nebulans and Seatopians being in an arms race, which the Nebulans "win," causing the Seatopians to be jealous and send out their own kaiju but then ask their rivals for help when they start losing? X

XXX YOU'RE OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!!!
TK's resident hardcore Democrat and nerd for Marvel, Keroro Gunsou, Video Games, Science, History, and (obviously) Kaiju.

I hope you enjoy my presence!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I can see Megalon as a mutated insect. He lacks the 6 limbs, but has other terrestrial insect features.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

JamesFordBrody
Young Farmer

Post by JamesFordBrody »

edgaguirus wrote:I can see Megalon as a mutated insect. He lacks the 6 limbs, but has other terrestrial insect features.
Modified? Definitely! But I wouldn't call the fact that his limbs are now machines a mutation.
TK's resident hardcore Democrat and nerd for Marvel, Keroro Gunsou, Video Games, Science, History, and (obviously) Kaiju.

he-ba
Interpol Agent

Post by he-ba »

JamesFordBrody wrote:
he-ba wrote:Is it possible that Megalon and Gigan are both insects just mutated? I'm trying to say they are the same genus, but very different species. I think. They are insects very close together.

Gigan being an insect? X
Either of them being mutations or anything natural? X
The Nebulans and Seatopians being in an arms race, which the Nebulans "win," causing the Seatopians to be jealous and send out their own kaiju but then ask their rivals for help when they start losing? X

XXX YOU'RE OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah I can see why you don't agree that Gigan is an insect, but you don't know that. Space is full of the strangest things (ahem, Black Holes that turn DNA into mutated monsters, Ghidorahs, Suns that hurtle toward Earth, aliens, planets that defy the laws of physics, etc.) so there has to be some way to change Gigan from an insect to some creepy killing machine.

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

JamesFordBrody
Young Farmer

Post by JamesFordBrody »

If Charles Darwin said that space would turn an insect into a cybernetic bird thing with a buzzsaw in its chest, I'd be a creationist.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

So...Gigan lived on some far planet, and was injured in a fight. He was forced to leave the planet, and encased himself in a diamond form to protect himself from the harshness of space. As the diamond flew on, and Gigan was healing, he collided with the debris of a space miner's ship. Gigan's healing flesh merged with the mechanical debris, turning him into a cyborg.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

JamesFordBrody
Young Farmer

Post by JamesFordBrody »

edgaguirus wrote:So...Gigan lived on some far planet, and was injured in a fight. He was forced to leave the planet, and encased himself in a diamond form to protect himself from the harshness of space. As the diamond flew on, and Gigan was healing, he collided with the debris of a space miner's ship. Gigan's healing flesh merged with the mechanical debris, turning him into a cyborg.
He has a fully functioning buzzsaw inside his chest. "This... Was no accident..."
Saansilt wrote:
JamesFordBrody wrote:If Charles Darwin said that space would turn an insect into a cybernetic bird thing with a buzzsaw in its chest, I'd be a creationist.
Tempted to sig this.
I'd be honored!

Gojora
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojora »

Gigan was a space chicken, he flew in space hoping for something to happen and a meteor flew past by him. He thought "What's that?" and so he chased after the meteor.

After hours of chasing the meteor he touched it and began to change, his eyes merging into a single ruby that's hidden behind in a single red glass, his hands turning to scythes and his tail becoming a tail with a hook.

He became...
GIGAN!!!!!!!!
TK's Touhou resident.
Resized Image
Kaijunator wrote:
Derzerb wrote:Apocalymon makes this fight one-sided since he can flat out delete enemies or he could just wipe out the entire dimension.
Delete enemies. Lol.
Apocalymon: I want to delete my opponents. *goes to computer* and delete! *presses delete button, all enemies get deleted*.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

JamesFordBrody wrote:
edgaguirus wrote:So...Gigan lived on some far planet, and was injured in a fight. He was forced to leave the planet, and encased himself in a diamond form to protect himself from the harshness of space. As the diamond flew on, and Gigan was healing, he collided with the debris of a space miner's ship. Gigan's healing flesh merged with the mechanical debris, turning him into a cyborg.
He has a fully functioning buzzsaw inside his chest. "This... Was no accident..."

A space mining ship would likely have drills and/or saws to cut into meteorites. It's not impossible, but also very unlikely.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Gigan took his machine fetish too far.

JamesFordBrody
Young Farmer

Post by JamesFordBrody »

KaijuFiend wrote:Gigan took his machine fetish too far.
THIS

he-ba
Interpol Agent

Post by he-ba »

JamesFordBrody, your sig says you're a Marvel fan?

My best friends (they're twins) dad works for Marvel and is really good friends with Stan Lee, that guy who created The Walking Dead, and George Takei.

Just had to state that, even though I said it over in the "Favorite Non-G Sci Fi Film" Topic Thread thing.

JamesFordBrody
Young Farmer

Post by JamesFordBrody »

oH MY GOD NO DON'T APOLOGIZE THAT IS SO COOL

Gojora
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojora »

JamesFordBrody wrote:
KaijuFiend wrote:Gigan took his machine fetish too far.
THIS
So that means megalon took his drill fetish too far also?
TK's Touhou resident.
Resized Image
Kaijunator wrote:
Delete enemies. Lol.

he-ba
Interpol Agent

Post by he-ba »

^ Yes, yes he did

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Megalon is an Earth monster, no denying it. All of the metallic parts are composite minerals and all the functions are quote-unquote "natural" (by Toho standards). The only place you'll hear that Megalon is a space monster is probably from online fan fiction. :P

Gigan... Oh Gigan, how dafaq did he come about? Probably the best part of it is that we'll never know; some mysteries are best unresolved. However, I do have my personal theory on what Gigan could be.

Could it be entirely possible that Gigan is related to King Ghidorah? Not in the sense that they're siblings or offspring, but Gigan being some subspecies or an off-shoot of Ghidorah. They both share the golden scales for one. But I guess that it could just be coincidence with any monster, really. But the other point is how Ghidorah and Gigan continue to team up, even after the Godzilla Tower was destroyed. Granted, I don't recall Ghidorah doing much after he was freed (been a while since I've seen the film in its entirety, so my memory is a bit hazy), but the fact that he didn't attack Gigan should be taken into question (though the two did need to get through some Earth monsters, so a common threat I suppose).

As I said, this is merely speculation. I'm more than sure that there are a couple of holes here or there or that it's merely coincidence. Until Toho sheds light on the matter, Gigan will forever be a true mystery. ;)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

kaijubuddy
Yojimbo

Post by kaijubuddy »

Gigan... As a modified Gappa? That's kind of odd... :?
Happy Holidays Everybody!