Possible Gigan/Megalon Origin?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
three
Keizer

Re: Possible Gigan/Megalon Origin?

Post by three »

fuck everyone.

just kidding. only do that if you are both in love.

OT: the nebulans, IMHO were well into contact with the seatopians for a while. the sea fellows were obviously advanced. quite advanced. it's safe to assume that in their time of dominance over the land, they either created monsters out of folly, or traded information with the nebulans long ago which resulted in one of two things:

if the mistakenly created monsters, ala Godzilla, they created a Megalon to deal with them. they made it incredibly stupid to make it easier to control, and it is robotic internally for the most part.

or they were given information on Gigan, and seeing how it could be a powerful weapon for defense as opposed to offense as the nebulans wanted, potentially even fearing their space fairing friends, they built a monster in its likeness using a species we have on Earth. the nebulans by contrast used a native species as well, whatever that might be to make their own monster, and Gigan was born. either way, they're similar enough that one seems to have influenced the other.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

JamesFordBrody
Young Farmer

Post by JamesFordBrody »

gigan72 wrote:Yes, your thoughts are unique. But you just said something that was totally out of line here.
JamesFordBrody wrote:You don't like it? Go skreeonk yourself, pal.
Everybody has opinions. Guess when a majority of people don't like your idea this is what you say?
No. This is bull-shit.
Everybody is going to think differently. Some are going to like it, others wont. Just like with a movie or a story.
You cant force someone to enjoy something. And if a lot of people don't like a movie, does the director tell them to go skreeonk themselves?
No. He takes the criticism. But he is not completely hurt by the thoughts. And he tends to look at the good opinions instead.
Getting angry is not the best route. Take it like a man. Look at the positive comments and see what was good and see what people were extremely put off by.
If you still don't agree with the majority, that's okay. You cant make someone think like the rest, pal.
Fine, I'll rephrase.
I prefer constructive criticism over people just blatantly and rudely calling my opinion stupid. Point out to me what you like, and respectfully offer helpful suggestions to change what you don't. If you have nothing nice to say, don't reply to a post just so you can nitpick and insult someone. (Btw when I say you I mean people in general)
Better?
TK's resident hardcore Democrat and nerd for Marvel, Keroro Gunsou, Video Games, Science, History, and (obviously) Kaiju.

I hope you enjoy my presence!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I figured the Seatopians found Megalon underground as they began creating their underwater colonies. They could have gained control over Megalon and made use of his digging abilities for their own purposes, and also keeping him around in case they needed protection. Overtime, Megalon came to be seen as a god and guardian.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

edgaguirus wrote:I figured the Seatopians found Megalon underground as they began creating their underwater colonies. They could have gained control over Megalon and made use of his digging abilities for their own purposes, and also keeping him around in case they needed protection. Overtime, Megalon came to be seen as a god and guardian.
dunno about that. it seems too artificial to be something that would just lie around below the surface.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

The Robber
Samurai

Post by The Robber »

three wrote:
edgaguirus wrote:I figured the Seatopians found Megalon underground as they began creating their underwater colonies. They could have gained control over Megalon and made use of his digging abilities for their own purposes, and also keeping him around in case they needed protection. Overtime, Megalon came to be seen as a god and guardian.
dunno about that. it seems too artificial to be something that would just lie around below the surface.
Maybe at one point there were lots of Megalons living deep underground.
I've done a lot of crazy things in my life, but ... I've never stuck my head into a hornet's nest.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

The Robber wrote:
three wrote:
and all of them had drills for arms, and they all have internal organs that allow for the storage and deployment of live grenades/firebombs.

that just screams, "engineered by a higher intellect".

The Robber
Samurai

Post by The Robber »

three wrote:
The Robber wrote:
three wrote: dunno about that. it seems too artificial to be something that would just lie around below the surface.
and all of them had drills for arms, and they all have internal organs that allow for the storage and deployment of live grenades/firebombs.

that just screams, "engineered by a higher intellect".
There are insects in the wild that can "bomb" their enemies. Funnily enough, some do cite this as evidence of engineering "by a higher intellect" (God, in this case).
I've done a lot of crazy things in my life, but ... I've never stuck my head into a hornet's nest.

JamesFordBrody
Young Farmer

Post by JamesFordBrody »

All interesting points everyone. Personally I think Megalon is some sort of cyborg, although we don't know for sure what species he is or who modified him. Which is why I formed my "cybernetically modified kaiju Nebulan" theory
TK's resident hardcore Democrat and nerd for Marvel, Keroro Gunsou, Video Games, Science, History, and (obviously) Kaiju.

he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Post by he-ba »

The Robber has a point. There are many insects that can do insane things, like exploding ants and web-spitting spiders (like Kumunga, but not Kumunga directly). If Megalon was genetically modified to be extremely tall, there is no doubt that there would be a mini species of Megalons that were undiscovered. They are an advanced civilization, so, like humans, if they can mutate things with our abilities at least, that one giant Megalon is the same as the smaller species. We make Watermelons 100Xs their real size!
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

Ookondru99
Monarch Researcher

Post by Ookondru99 »

I thought in the official cutaway view of Megalon that he was proven to be entirely organic. I always found that weird, since he and gigan (who in his official cutaway was a cyborg) shared a lot of similarities.
TK's Resident Red Bamboo :destoroyah:

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

The Nebulans were human sized cockroaches with a monster with metal blade hands

Megalon's a giant cockroach with metal drill hands

There can totally be a bigger connection there between the Nebulans and Seatopians
xD
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

70s_Goji
GPN Volunteer

Post by 70s_Goji »

Interesting theories and a great pic of them together. 8-)
I'm a huge fan of both of these monsters, having always associated them as a pair. I didn't see Godzilla vs. Gigan until years after I saw Godzilla vs. Megalon. Also, when I saw G vs. Gigan it was at an all-day cinema marathon that they used to have for the local kids, and it was called Godzilla on Monster Island. At that age, I totally believed that the theme park was REAL and we all loved the cockroach aliens! :lol:

While on the subject, are there any other Megalon vinyls out there, other than the standard Bandai version?

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Ookondru99 wrote:I thought in the official cutaway view of Megalon that he was proven to be entirely organic. I always found that weird, since he and gigan (who in his official cutaway was a cyborg) shared a lot of similarities.
Megalon is organic in that cutaway. If Gigan did have organic hammer claws before becoming a cyborg, it seems a case of convergent evolution. Two different organisms sometimes find a similar answer, like how both birds and insects have wings. The wings differ, of course, like Gigan and Megalon have different shaped claws. The hammer claws appear metal, though, so it's possible Gigan had some other type of limb before the claws.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

how on earth is megalon 100% biological earthling?
sure oficialy he is but then itwouldn't be fun to speculate here in the forums....
Lets check lazer beam.... in the showa era they weren't many monsters with that kind of weapon, ghidorah had gravity bolts bu again he is an alien so does hedorh and gigan, Godzilla is a mutation, I dubt whatever showa godzilla was before the nuclear fall out wasn't able to do that.
he spits BOMBS of NAPALM, yeah a much more complex chemical that anything a real bomber beatle can produce.
Is an insect with 4 limbs, just 4 and 2 of them have metaldrills on those, the other ones have a human-like build.
It has a REPTILIAN tail, ok some insects have tails'' like the dragonflies, but those are just more of the times a extended torax and unless its used to reproduction those ''tails'' are verry un-bendable and rigid,Megalon has a stereotypical dinosaur tail from a 60 movie-

So at least in my own opinion that kaiju is defenitly NOT 100& biological, nontheless he is as god dam cyborg as Gigan

RumbleJapan
GPN Volunteer

Post by RumbleJapan »

If you've got auger for hands, you're a cyborg. No organism on Earth can biologically spin any extremity at a high RPM. I din't think nature has found a way to do that without grinding your joints to powder. Just my two cents though.
Visit my fan site: Goji Database

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

I agree with the theory that Megalon is a cyborg.

As far as Gigan goes, I do not think he's a modified Gappa, but it's a very interesting theory nonetheless. Love the theories that he got battle damaged by Ghidorah and/or Hedorah, though.

Gojora
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojora »

I'll think that gigan's a space chicken mutated by a nuclear meteor while megalon's a roach mutated by nuclear drills that somehow merged with his arms.
TK's Touhou resident.
Basically the only guy here that likes the Shadow Arena.
RIP Shadow Arena, it was my favorite place...
Resized Image
Kaijunator wrote:
Derzerb wrote:Apocalymon makes this fight one-sided since he can flat out delete enemies or he could just wipe out the entire dimension.
Delete enemies. Lol.
Apocalymon: I want to delete my opponents. *goes to computer* and delete! *presses delete button, all enemies get deleted*.

RumbleJapan
GPN Volunteer

Post by RumbleJapan »

Gojora wrote:I'll think that gigan's a space chicken mutated by a nuclear meteor while megalon's a roach mutated by nuclear drills that somehow merged with his arms.
I created Megalon, but not on purpose. I was a curious five-year-old wanting to know what would happen if I microwaved a cockroach with silverware.
Visit my fan site: Goji Database

JamesFordBrody
Young Farmer

Post by JamesFordBrody »

RumbleJapan wrote:
Gojora wrote:I'll think that gigan's a space chicken mutated by a nuclear meteor while megalon's a roach mutated by nuclear drills that somehow merged with his arms.
I created Megalon, but not on purpose. I was a curious five-year-old wanting to know what would happen if I microwaved a cockroach with silverware.
Omg that actually sounds plausible. Cockroaches never, EVER die. The radiation turned it into a kaiju. With power tools for arms. (He and Gigan do woodworking as a hobby)

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

We are dealing with monsters here. If you believe Hollywood, Toho, etc., then they can do practically anything.