Possible Gigan/Megalon Origin?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
JamesFordBrody
Young Farmer

Possible Gigan/Megalon Origin?

Post by JamesFordBrody »

An idea I had:

Gigan is a Gappa modified by alien tech, and Megalon is a mutated Nebulan modified by alien tech. (Aliens could be Nebulan, Xilian, Vortaak, Seatopian, etc. I don't care. Also, assume Gappas are an alien species of Kaiju)

Thoughts? :D

JamesFordBrody
Young Farmer

Re: Possible Gigan/Megalon Origin?

Post by JamesFordBrody »

Well, yes, but I'm being hypothetical. Also, who says Megalon's REALLY of Earth?
TK's resident hardcore Democrat and nerd for Marvel, Keroro Gunsou, Video Games, Science, History, and (obviously) Kaiju.

I hope you enjoy my presence!

he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Post by he-ba »

..... ^The Seatopians...........

Welcome anyway!
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

kamilleblu
G-Grasper

Post by kamilleblu »

Does anyone think Mothra, King Ceasar, and Megalon could have had a few encounters in the distant past that are not mentioned the films? They are all ancient creatures and worshiped as gods.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

kamilleblu wrote:Does anyone think Mothra, King Ceasar, and Megalon could have had a few encounters in the distant past that are not mentioned the films? They are all ancient creatures and worshiped as gods.
Read Rulers of Earth.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Gigan as a modified Gappa is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Ookondru99
Monarch Researcher

Post by Ookondru99 »

kamilleblu wrote:Does anyone think Mothra, King Ceasar, and Megalon could have had a few encounters in the distant past that are not mentioned the films? They are all ancient creatures and worshiped as gods.
Also manda and Varan
TK's Resident Red Bamboo :destoroyah:

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

Gigan could have once been a guardian on a distant planet in a distant time but fought King Ghidorah and was left mangled and hardly alive so the aliens rebuilt him into a cyborg.

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

JamesFordBrody wrote:An idea I had:

Gigan is a Gappa modified by alien tech, and Megalon is a mutated Nebulan modified by alien tech. (Aliens could be Nebulan, Xilian, Vortaak, Seatopian, etc. I don't care. Also, assume Gappas are an alien species of Kaiju)

Thoughts? :D
Um, okay....
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

For Gigan, it was probably a purely biological creature at one point. Why it was augmented into a cyborg is anyones guess. The creature could have been kidnapped and turned into a weapon by the Nebulans, or it was injured and repaired with cybernetic components.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

The Robber
Samurai

Post by The Robber »

Did you ever think that Gigan and Megalon are kind of similar? Similar proportions, both bipedal with a tail, metallic claws with no fingers, horns on their heads, insect-like mandibles, etc. Maybe they've got some sort of common origin.

But I'm more curious about how the Seatopians first managed to establish contact with the Nebulans.
I've done a lot of crazy things in my life, but ... I've never stuck my head into a hornet's nest.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Could be the Seatopians came to Earth from Nebula Space Hunter M before it was polluted beyond hope.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Zillamon51
GPN Volunteer

Post by Zillamon51 »

ILL GREEN wrote:Gigan could have once been a guardian on a distant planet in a distant time but fought King Ghidorah and was left mangled and hardly alive so the aliens rebuilt him into a cyborg.
Since the Nebulan homeworld was heavily polluted, Gigan could have originally been built to defend it against an alien Hedorah.

Ookondru99
Monarch Researcher

Post by Ookondru99 »

^Except that he would suck in that regard
TK's Resident Red Bamboo :destoroyah:

The Robber
Samurai

Post by The Robber »

UltramanGoji wrote:Gigan as a modified Gappa is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
Geez it's not that stupid. Gigan and Gappa do look alike in some ways, even if one is a Nikkatsu monster.
edgaguirus wrote:Could be the Seatopians came to Earth from Nebula Space Hunter M before it was polluted beyond hope.
We don't see much of Seatopian society in the movie but they must be pretty high-functioning to have survived underneath the ocean for so long, whereas the former dominant species of Nebula Space Hunter M seems to have been very short-sighted and foolish. Maybe the ones that came to Earth were smarter but I wonder how they got on such good terms with the cockroaches.
Zillamon51 wrote:
ILL GREEN wrote:Gigan could have once been a guardian on a distant planet in a distant time but fought King Ghidorah and was left mangled and hardly alive so the aliens rebuilt him into a cyborg.
Since the Nebulan homeworld was heavily polluted, Gigan could have originally been built to defend it against an alien Hedorah.
I'm liking these ideas.
I've done a lot of crazy things in my life, but ... I've never stuck my head into a hornet's nest.

he-ba
Interpol Agent

Post by he-ba »

^They're good, but can't be proven. All the more reason to come up with extremely ludicrous theory!

I'm loving the Hedorah idea!
My take:

Gigan was a protector of Nebula M. Kind of like the Godzilla of his home world, the Space Hunters loved him so much. He battled many monsters that threatened their world, such as Ghidorah (who had no success on NM) and always took care of the cockroaches. Eventually, the Hedorahs came down, and Gigan fought his hardest and drove them away, but he suffered severe damage. The Nebulans tried to rebuild him, and after centuries of finally perfecting it, they sent him away to chase and destroy the Hedorahs, along with a couple of their kind. When they reached Earth, they found out Godzilla already took care of the Hedorahs, and outraged that they had to spend years to get there, decide to take over this planet and kill Godzilla. Their "cabin fever" took over and their minds twisted on planetary domination.

Yes, I did steal some ideas, but I made them straight and added my own ending :lol: ;) :huge:

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

C-rex
Monsterland Worker

Post by C-rex »

http://www.deviantart.com/art/GAGAN-PLZ-475145198
you may have been correct with this speculative origin...

JamesFordBrody
Young Farmer

Post by JamesFordBrody »

OK, I guess there are some flaws with my idea, but I think you guys are seriously over thinking this. I'm not thinking about which company owns what, or about any movie besides the 3 that Gigan and Megalon appeared in (although I like the Hedorah idea). I just think Gigan used to be biological, and what looks more like an unarmored Gigan than a Gappa, a creature with unknown (possibly alien) origins? Furthermore, the Nebulans and Seatopians were working together. Megalon could have been a gift from the Nebulans. My ideas aren't supposed to be canon, I'm just offering up unique and sensible explanations to patch up the very broken timeline of the Godzilla franchise. You don't like it? Go skreeonk yourself, pal.
TK's resident hardcore Democrat and nerd for Marvel, Keroro Gunsou, Video Games, Science, History, and (obviously) Kaiju.

I hope you enjoy my presence!

kamilleblu
G-Grasper

Post by kamilleblu »

Seeing that the Nebulans and Seatopians seemed to be on good terms, trading monsters and such, I'm surprised that the Nebulans didn't ask for assistance.

he-ba
Interpol Agent

Post by he-ba »

gigan72 wrote:Yes, your thoughts are unique. But you just said something that was totally out of line here.
JamesFordBrody wrote:You don't like it? Go skreeonk yourself, pal.
Everybody has opinions. Guess when a majority of people don't like your idea this is what you say?
No. This is bull-shit.
Everybody is going to think differently. Some are going to like it, others wont. Just like with a movie or a story.
You cant force someone to enjoy something. And if a lot of people don't like a movie, does the director tell them to go skreeonk themselves?
No. He takes the criticism. But he is not completely hurt by the thoughts. And he tends to look at the good opinions instead.
Getting angry is not the best route. Take it like a man. Look at the positive comments and see what was good and see what people were extremely put off by.
If you still don't agree with the majority, that's okay. You cant make someone think like the rest, pal.
JamesFordBrody, ya gotta realize that this is a place to share opinions and thoughts. I always liked to think that every Godzilla movie was always a sequel to the next, besides GMK. I was immediately shot down by most, but a few agreed. But who cares? This is what I think, and it got a lot of conversations about my theories goin. That's just the way it works. Please realize that this is kind of like a social gathering. Just don't JUMP the moment some people disagree.