Possible Gigan/Megalon Origin?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Re: Possible Gigan/Megalon Origin?

Post by he-ba »

^ Oh, yeah, I totally forgot that was the original post. I could see it, in fact it makes sense, since Gappa is a prehistoric Earth monster and Gigan is a space monster from aliens who, if I recall, HAVE visited Earth in the past. If not, the theory can be busted, but it would probably work.

Unless the inhabitants of the Space Hunter before the Nebulans were Gappa before they faded away. Then two made it to Earth, like a last resort, in prehistoric times, to procreate and take the Earth as their own. But the last Gappa left was completely cyborg-inized and created Gigan. If you watch the movie again, it'll make more sense.
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

From a canonical standpoint, the biggest flaw with the whole "Gigan is a Gappa" thing is that Gappa isn't Toho. If he were, they I could see where it comes from.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

NSZ wrote:Not to mention, it's still up for debate as to whether or not Gigan was created by the roaches or by the original dominant inhabitants that were all wiped out by Hedorah.
Hm? *Grabs eraser*
by Hedorah.
Sweet. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way. :)
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Post by he-ba »

NSZ wrote:
he-ba wrote:^ Oh, yeah, I totally forgot that was the original post. I could see it, in fact it makes sense, since Gappa is a prehistoric Earth monster and Gigan is a space monster from aliens who, if I recall, HAVE visited Earth in the past. If not, the theory can be busted, but it would probably work.
I'm pretty sure the Nebulans didn't visit Earth before.

Not to mention, it's still up for debate as to whether or not Gigan was created by the roaches or by the original dominant inhabitants that were all wiped out by Hedorah.
Haven't seen this one in a while, so ok now my theory can be busted
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

*Sigh* Fan theories are cool and all, but I find them incredibly stupid when Toho's stated in some way, shape or form, the truth about them.
Megalon is NOT a cyborg, ok. Yes, those drills are odd, but they're 100% natural. I mean there's even a fucking article on the main site discussing Megalon's biology. :roll:
And there's nothing, not even a hint that Megalon comes anywhere but Earth. He's not a cockroach, according to Toho, he's just a giant beetle, he's an Earth monster, not an alien. If you don't like it, too bad.

And Gigan's a space dinosaur, according to his bio from the new PS4 game, and yes, those bios all come from Toho, they are 100% legit.
Gigan was an space dinosaur who was abducted by the Nebula Space Hunter M and they applied weapons so it could fight Godzilla.

Those are Toho's official Gigan and Megalon origins.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

You're replying to a thread that was last posted in 2014. :lol: Though yes, I do agree with Lain. We now have definitive (or at least more-so than before) origins for these two.

Pair of kings.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

KaijuX wrote:You're replying to a thread that was last posted in 2014. :lol: Though yes, I do agree with Lain. We now have definitive (or at least more-so than before) origins for these two.
Oh, lol. Didn't notice xD

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Eh, it's just fun to come up with explanations for the weirder stuff in the series :P . It is nice that Toho's filling in the blanks nowadays, though.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Mechagigan wrote:Eh, it's just fun to come up with explanations for the weirder stuff in the series :P . It is nice that Toho's filling in the blanks nowadays, though.
And there's still so many more mysteries in Toho... but we have the answers for Gigan and Megalon now. No need to make fan theories for them, it'd be stupid.

Killswitch
G-Force Personnel

Post by Killswitch »

Official or not, I'm not buying into that Megalon story. Those drill arms look metallic! Plus, he shoots bombs. The suit design is more on the extreme side, like Gigans. He is a cyborg IMO, I don't care what they say - LOL

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Killswitch wrote:Official or not, I'm not buying into that Megalon story. Those drill arms look metallic! Plus, he shoots bombs. The suit design is more on the extreme side, like Gigans. He is a cyborg IMO, I don't care what they say - LOL
For your fanfictions, if you want Megalon to be a cyborg, that's perfectly A-OK. But by the word of Toho themselves, Megalon is a completely natural creation of nature (though it doesn't have to make sense in real-world context :lol:).
Some have speculated, due to the rather peculiar drills Megalon sports, that the deity might be a cyborg similar to Gigan. The cutaway view shows this not to be the case, however. Megalon is a strictly organic creature, stated in books to have developed to its odd state due to the influence of "magnetic fields" altering its growth.
http://www.tohokingdom.com/articles/ana ... egalon.htm

Pair of kings.

SoleMan
G-Grasper

Post by SoleMan »

UltramanGoji wrote:Gigan as a modified Gappa is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
You need to hear stupider things.
Before it can be filmed, drawn, acted or programed, it must be written.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Regarding Megalon's origin, I think the greater potential is that Megalon's origin can be changed to something more suitable as Toho sees fit. After all, King Ghidorah, Godzilla, and Mechagodzilla have each had a minimum of two origins or backstories. Personally, I too find Megalon being a natural Earth creature to be strange even by Showa standards, but that's the reality and that's that. Again, it doesn't mean they couldn't create a more complex universe in the future where Seatopians received Nebulan tech and modified or otherwise created Megalon. The Gappa option doesn't work on the simple basis of Gappa not being a Toho monster.
kamilleblu wrote:Does anyone think Mothra, King Ceasar, and Megalon could have had a few encounters in the distant past that are not mentioned the films? They are all ancient creatures and worshiped as gods.
Ookondru99 wrote: Also manda and Varan
Indeed, plus "Toho King Kong", Rodan (prehistoric), and others. It'd even be interesting if there were wars between the peoples and the monsters fought and were thought of as guardians (not conventional guardians, but indirect ones to be both feared and respected). It's all fan-fic stuff at this point, but like I said earlier: possibilities for future storylines.

I think the greater potential regarding Megalon's origin is that it could change in a future universe or continuity. Similarly, KG's does not have only one origin, and neither has Godzilla, Mechagodzilla.
edgaguirus wrote:Could be the Seatopians came to Earth from Nebula Space Hunter M before it was polluted beyond hope.
Aren't Seatopians supposed to be humans, but removed from surface-dwellers? Of course Toho could always throw the alien curve ball.
The Robber wrote: We don't see much of Seatopian society in the movie but they must be pretty high-functioning to have survived underneath the ocean for so long, whereas the former dominant species of Nebula Space Hunter M seems to have been very short-sighted and foolish. Maybe the ones that came to Earth were smarter but I wonder how they got on such good terms with the cockroaches.
Yes even in order to communicate with the Nebulans they'd theoretically need to be more advanced than even 2015 humanity on the surface.
Zillamon51 wrote: Since the Nebulan homeworld was heavily polluted, Gigan could have originally been built to defend it against an alien Hedorah.
While we're not given any reason to speculate there's a direct relationship between Hedorah and Nebulans, that'd be a fascinating mixture of the two in a future film. Sort of like RoM II where Dagorah was built to destroy waste but ended up becoming a bigger problem.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

frostybby
Young Farmer

Post by frostybby »

I actually do like to imagine that Gigan is a cyborg Gappa, I mean, it's not too unbelievable, they both have G's at the beginning of their name(doesn't really prove anything tho), greenish color, and beaks. :-)

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

frostybby wrote:I actually do like to imagine that Gigan is a cyborg Gappa, I mean, it's not too unbelievable
Yeah, exept for that Gappa is not related to Toho in ANY way.
That and Toho says Gigan is a modified space dinosaur, that shit is official, deal with it.

All your overly imaginative theories were wrong, it's simple as simple can get. :lol:

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Not only are Gappa non Toho, but they're terrestrial. Gigan comes from space, although it makes one curious what a space dinosaur would look like.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

edgaguirus wrote:Not only are Gappa non Toho, but they're terrestrial. Gigan comes from space, although it makes one curious what a space dinosaur would look like.
I'm just as curious, but knowing Toho, it probably looks weird as hell.

Kaijugriffey
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kaijugriffey »

I always assumed Gigan was mutated and cyborgized from something like one of these

The feathers became Gigan's scales. The stubby wings had his scythes grafted on, etc. Heck the old Aurora kit even had a tiny little Varan in it.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Kaijugriffey wrote:I always assumed Gigan was mutated and cyborgized from something like one of these

http://parlorofhorror.files.wordpress.c ... t-bird.jpg

The feathers became Gigan's scales. The stubby wings had his scythes grafted on, etc. Heck the old Aurora kit even had a tiny little Varan in it.
Well, perhaps Gigan was some sort of avian space dinosaur? Although I think the beak and mandible sythes are implants, along with the feet, hooks, buzzsaw, and visor. Who knows what a alien dinosaur looks like, but I'm sure it looks odd as F :lol:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I was thinking about this thread and decided to draw what I believe Gigan looked like before he recieved his gadgets and gizmos:

Not the best drawing, but it should give a rough outline of what I believe Gigan looked like before the Nebula M Spacehunter aliens frankenstein'd him up.

I think that the hands, mouth, head, eye, tail, legs, and stomach were altered and I'm basing this on the look of the Revoltech figure.

Near all the supposed cybernetic parts, there is a black spray, almost like they were burned or soldered into Gigan's flesh. The only exception is the eye, which is sunken into Gigan's head, therefore eliminating the need for any sort of adhesive.