Monster Discussion #19: Giant Condor

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
JVM
Xilien Halfling

Monster Discussion #19: Giant Condor

Post by JVM »

IMO the least memorable of Godzilla's foes. Interesting, don't get me wrong, but I've owned GvSM for decades and never noticed him until after finding out of his existence here on the net.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

MattiaHakaider
Yojimbo

Re: Monster Discussion #19: Giant Condor

Post by MattiaHakaider »

I like that bird even if it is a Big Lipped Alligator Moment.
Mari Nikaido Hater.

Bibinba Fan.
http://kinnikuman.wikia.com/wiki/Bibimba

Mulder
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mulder »

I could see the Giant Condor returning again.

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

Rodan-lite got owned! He deserved to get fried...

I'm hungry for some KFC now. Lol!
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

godzillafan
Samurai

Post by godzillafan »

if they made a movie ]godzilla vs the giant condor] that movie will be over in like two minutes
kaiju fan for life

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

I don't think it would've made any difference in vs The Sea Monster if the Giant Condor didn't appear at all. Though I liked seeing Godzilla kill him though.
SA
W: 72 L: 72

Instagram: @bloodeejacobreviews

Youtube channel (TV shows, movies, games, horror in general, etc): http://www.youtube.com/c/BloodeeJacob

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

A forgettable monster. He really doesn't add anything to the movie has was in.

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

I'd also like to add the least creative/unique monster Toho has ever created. Giant bird basically yeah that's thoughtful.
SA

Youtube channel (TV shows, movies, games, horror in general, etc): http://www.youtube.com/c/BloodeeJacob

SuperMonsterZero
Monarch Researcher

Post by SuperMonsterZero »

Tyler wrote:He's the most random monster ever, and that's why I like him. Even Godzilla's like WTF.
Same here. Godzilla's just minding his own business, and then this giant condor just comes out of NOWHERE and starts pecking at his face! The fight is filmed from such close angles, you can't even tell what's going on. I love the giant condor.
「大人の世界に神様があるように、子供の世界にミニラ大明神があってもおかしくないでしょう」

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

Tyler wrote:
GodzillaDude wrote:I'd also like to add the least creative/unique monster Toho has ever created. Giant bird basically yeah that's thoughtful.
Well, you have to keep in mind Kong was originally going to be the star. So larger than life animals make sense. I mean, Ebirah's only a giant lobster/shrimp.
Yeah your right there but that didn't mean they had to keep it for the Godzilla film.
SA

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The condor's not much of a monster, but its brief scene was an interesting one. It reminds me of those little dogs. They have lots of bark, but no bite.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

I liked him. Still, he leaves us with an appearance in Ebirah, Horror of the Deep and as stock footage in All Monsters Attack. He was merely a plot device, albeit a brief one.

And I still think the sea serpent from King Kong Escapes is the most obscure.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

Showa Gyaos wrote:I liked him. Still, he leaves us with an appearance in Ebirah, Horror of the Deep and as stock footage in All Monsters Attack. He was merely a plot device, albeit a brief one.

Ehhh just me but I remember the sea serpent from KKE more often then I do the Giant Condor.
SA

gigandude
Gotengo Officer

Post by gigandude »

GodzillaDude wrote:
Showa Gyaos wrote:I liked him. Still, he leaves us with an appearance in Ebirah, Horror of the Deep and as stock footage in All Monsters Attack. He was merely a plot device, albeit a brief one.

Ehhh just me but I remember the sea serpent from KKE more often then I do the Giant Condor.
me too but i like the condor more
After 10,000 years!
:antonio: :mugal: :xilian:

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

GodzillaDude wrote:

Sea Serpent isn't Godzilla, I only counted Condor as least memorable Godzilla monster.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Killswitch
G-Force Personnel

Post by Killswitch »

I thought the Giant Condor was silly, and a waste of screen time. Why waste time on a Condor, when you can use that time on Ebirah or Mothra?

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Legion1979 wrote:
Sea Serpent isn't Godzilla, I only counted Condor as least memorable Godzilla monster.
Hey, R.E.D, pssst... Guess what... Sea Serpent IS a godzilla monster. His DNA is among the GIANT GORILLA's, and Gorosaurus in the DNA cabbinet in Tokyo SOS.
Please, who is going to count something you don't actually see on film? Saying the giant serpent is part of the Godzilla series just because a movie made 36 years later references the creature in a scene that's not even in the actual movie (and only printed in a DNA cabinet) is really reaching.
You both have great points.

I simply haven't seen the scene yet.

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Imagine if they actually scaled the Condor up to Godzilla's size. I would like to see him fight Rodan, which I think would be insane if the Condor was Rodan's size.

Biollante
JXSDF Technician

Re: Anyone like the Giant Condor?

Post by Biollante »

He was in more movies than Titanosaurus.

DaiKaijuGojira
Yojimbo

Re: Anyone like the Giant Condor?

Post by DaiKaijuGojira »

I voted for the first one. He's probably the weakest and most random-ass monster in Godzilla history, but I like him.