Monster Zero - Widest Distributed Showa Film?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Monster Zero - Widest Distributed Showa Film?

Post by Space Hunter M »

It would seem Godzilla No. 6 was a global sweetspot for the franchise, playing in anywhere from Thailand to Czechoslovakia between 1965 and the early '70s. Did Benedict Pictures' involvement and Nick Adams' inclusion play a bigger part in this, or was the film simply that insatiable? Ironically, the survival rate of the foreign versions is exceptionally low, with seemingly only France and Germany's original versions known to survive.

he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Re: Monster Zero - Widest Distributed Showa Film?

Post by he-ba »

It's funny, because everybody absolutely loves(d) this movie. Whenever Godzilla is brought up when I'm around people, they seem to always remember IoAM, SOG, and EHotD.
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

three
Keizer

Re: Monster Zero - Widest Distributed Showa Film?

Post by three »

it's in my personal top five. i enjoy it more than GTTHM because it keeps you engaged the whole time. it also is the first movie to make use of the aliens, invasion plots, etc. so it's really quite neat.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.