Where did this DAM photo come from?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
GodzFire
Samurai

Where did this DAM photo come from?

Post by GodzFire »

Hey guys, this photo used to be my desktop wallpaper a long time back when 1024x768 was the norm. Now it's obviously way too small. I'm curious if anyone knows where this photo comes from and where I might be able to get a larger sized version of it:

G . o . D . z . F . i . R . e

1tisoygoji
Gotengo Officer

Re: Where did this DAM photo come from?

Post by 1tisoygoji »

GodzFire wrote:Hey guys, this photo used to be my desktop wallpaper a long time back when 1024x768 was the norm. Now it's obviously way too small. I'm curious if anyone knows where this photo comes from and where I might be able to get a larger sized version of it:
I'm pretty sure it was just a promotional pic for the movie. Probably from some magazine or something similar.

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

^Almost positive it's a promotional pic. I've seen a few variations of the same shot, including one with the crew in the center:
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

three
Keizer

Post by three »

everytime i see Angirus in a showa movie, i'm reminded of just how uncomfortable that suit had to have been.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

kamilleblu
G-Grasper

Post by kamilleblu »

three wrote:everytime i see Angirus in a showa movie, i'm reminded of just how uncomfortable that suit had to have been.
Maybe that's why he's was MIA for so long.

1tisoygoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by 1tisoygoji »

kamilleblu wrote:
three wrote:everytime i see Angirus in a showa movie, i'm reminded of just how uncomfortable that suit had to have been.
Maybe that's why he's was MIA for so long.
Another reason why we appreciate the art of suit-acting.

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

It had to have been sheer hell working in those things between the heat, the stench (and probably some molds) from the years of sweat, the difficult body conditions, and the physicality of the acting. I really think if more people had any idea what it was like, the suit actors would get a lot more respect. At least I hope so.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.

BaconRasherMan
Yojimbo

Post by BaconRasherMan »

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah wrote:It had to have been sheer hell working in those things between the heat, the stench (and probably some molds) from the years of sweat, the difficult body conditions, and the physicality of the acting. I really think if more people had any idea what it was like, the suit actors would get a lot more respect. At least I hope so.
Totally unrelated, but your username is the exact same as mine from Wikizilla!

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Cool! :huge: Image

three
Keizer

Post by three »

NSZ wrote:Every time I see Baragon in these pics, the more I wonder what their definition of "too deteriorated" means.

"not making enough money to justify using the suit".

def. from "the business + finance management wiki".
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Biogoji
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Biogoji »

That is a promotional shot for the movie in fact I am pretty sure that it is the cover art for my region 4 madman copy.

Panther10
JXSDF Technician

Post by Panther10 »

If you are using a version of windows, just right click on your desktop and select "Desktop background" in your properties tab and change the picture position option to "Stretch". That will make it a full screen image no matter what size your monitor might be.