Rodan on Monsterland

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Re: Rodan on Monsterland

Post by he-ba »

DoctorMafune wrote:
demoylition wrote:Using modern science for a bullshit explanation of 60s movie phenomena...cool.
Well, the idea that strong magnetic fields could affect living creatures has been around for a long time. For example, Anton Mesmer, who accidentally discovered hypnotism in the 18th Century, thought that he was accomplishing his cures by affecting the flow of 'magnetic fluid' in his patients' bodies.

It's just that a lot of specific discoveries about what magnetic fields actually could do (from guiding birds to mapping blood flow) had to wait for much more sophisticated tech.

Toho's screenwriters apparently put a lot of stock in magnetic waves even before Destroy All Monsters, if the English dubbing for Monster Zero is accurate. In a strange way, it actually seems fitting that some of their guesses turned out to be closer to the truth than they might have believed... just as Gene Roddenberry was blowing smoke when he thought up Star Trek's transporters, but scientists now are identifying applications of quantum entanglement that could conceivably make something similar, possible.

You won't catch me stepping into one, though... :mrgreen:
OOOOO more science!
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

DoctorMafune wrote:just as Gene Roddenberry was blowing smoke when he thought up Star Trek's transporters, but scientists now are identifying applications of quantum entanglement that could conceivably make something similar, possible.
Oh, hell I'll do you one better (and more common in everyday life too) in regards to Star Trek. As told by several people from the crew, one of the most asked questions from fan originally was "How do you get the doors to open automatically?!" What happens when you walk up to just about any grocery store door almost anywhere in the world today?
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

demoylition
Interpol Agent

Post by demoylition »

So what do the monsters do on Monster island?
Eat dolphin fries and sit around all day
Shadow Arena: 2 win 1 loss

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I think the kaiju on the island have a community and gym center. In the community rooms, they can do crafts, play cards, read, etc. In the gym, they can work off those pounds in a variety of ways. For example, Godzilla and Ebirah have a rock tennis match every Tuesday.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Post by he-ba »

Like an old person community!

(They are old, so it works out perfectly!)
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!