So who was stronger Gaira or Sanda?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.

Who was stronger?

Gaira
41%
Sanda
59%

Total votes: 27

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

So who was stronger Gaira or Sanda?

Post by Godzillian »

So with their final battle being inconclusive which gargantua would you say is stronger?

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Re: So who was stronger Gaira or Sanda?

Post by 20th Century Boy »

Gaira was stronger; I like to think that Sanda was the underdog.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

I'd go with Sanda on this one. Most of the time, as already mentioned, the Brown Gargantua was trying to calm down his crazy brother. On top of it, Sanda was also saddled with a broken leg which put him at disadvantage as well. It wasn't until near the end of the film did Sanda give up on trying to rescue his crazier than a bag of rats in a burning meth lab brother, and go for stopping Gaira altogether. But stronger Sanda might be, Gaira fought dirty. Heck, he even tried to take a bite out of Sanda's arm. Also just being crazy Gaira would push the envelope in the fight, doing something that Sanda wouldn't even think of doing.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I wouldn't say Sanda was stronger, but he did fight better. Gaira did hesitate to attack at times, but when Gaira did attack, he was able to knock Sanda on his backside.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

Sanda was a gentleman, Gaira was a barbarian, thats the only difference for me. They are both equal. And thats why they died in that volcano in the sea because fate would have it that they aren't ready to battle Godzilla.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

i always felt sanda was stronger, but gaira was more vicious and attacked much faster
Resized Image

KJ Corp
JXSDF Technician

Post by KJ Corp »

They were pretty equal to me, they just attacked differently... Gaira!

DoctorMafune
Monarch Researcher

Post by DoctorMafune »

One thing seems pretty clear: Gaira was convinced that Sanda could clean his clock, judging by the way he ran from him.

It's true that Gaira fought viciously once the two of them reached Tokyo, but he may have believed he was cornered, at that point.
"Rudeness is the weak person's imitation of strength." -- Eric Hoffer

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

I think Gaira was afraid of Sanda. He seemed to panic when Sanda got near him and even when Sanda was being peaceful he was panicking and trying to get Sanda to back off.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Living Corpse wrote:To be fair Sanda did lose his cool and attacked him with a tree pretty on when he saw all the clothes, it wasn't until in Tokyo that Sanda tried to convince his brother to stop his attack.

Oh God I can't believe I'm defending a man eater. That's like me defending Gyaos. What has this place done to me?
Kaiju's gotta eat ;)

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

i guess we could never trully judge who would as both monster were in a dilapidated state then they normally would be in
Resized Image

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Gaira is a little- just a little- sympathetic. Sanda saves his life and cares for him, and then tries to beat him to death. You'd be thinking " What the heck," too.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Sands was the stronger of the two, notice on the hesitation on gaira's part. Sanda was hurt and even then the brother stayed cautious. But gaira is more vicious in the end the two die, guess sorta could say they were about the same.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Sanda. He faced Gaira with a busted-up leg( which WAS healing, but was not HEALED )& still did well. If not for the leg, I think he would've killed Gaira. At the start of the fight, Gaira had pretty much recovered from the JSDF attack. He was more vicious, if anything. Sanda was bigger AND stronger - see how any of you do with a busted leg, in a fight...

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

Sanda.

Not only was he bigger, but he fought Gaira to a mostly equal footing with a broken ankle. Gaira might have gotten more hits in, but Sanda's blows seemed to hurt more.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

Biogoji
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Biogoji »

I think they were around the same strength levels but Gaira was more Vicious while Sanda was smarter.

In the end if it weren't for the volcano I think Sanda would of won. Until they got to Tokyo and even then Sanda had Gaira on the ropes Garia started fighting dirty and vicious but Sanda thought more and used Stradgey to have the upper hand.

Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegazilla »

Living Corpse wrote:I never got the feeling either one was stronger than the other or if one was then not by much (like how one is taller but not by much). Really the only reason the final battle dragged out so long was cause Sanda kept trying to negotiate with Gaira before giving in and fighting when he realize his brother would not listen. That and the military were helping a good monster with an injured leg. Were they not in the way Gaira would have probably killed him sooner.
That sums up my take for the most part. I also find it impressive Sanda held his ground so well with a broken leg but I still say they are about even.