Lost Project: Godzilla vs. The Devil (1978)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Lost Project discussion: Godzilla vs. The Devil(1978)

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Little G was the name of Junior in GvSg, and of course I mean Jr. Minya/Minilla doesn't deserve his own feature because he's an asshole
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

Minya's an asshole? Please, do explain. :|
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Minya/Minilla doesn't deserve his own feature because he's an asshole
...huh?
Last edited by MaxRebo320 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Well we all know it's true, Minya doesn't get his own movie because he was a whiney premature ass

Little Godzilla getting a movie would be fun, as long as SpaceG aka The Kaiju Pedobear doesn't try anything again.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Well we all know it's true, Minya doesn't get his own movie because he was a whiney premature ass

Little Godzilla getting a movie would be fun, as long as SpaceG aka The Kaiju Pedobear doesn't try anything again.
I feel like flaming you for that post, but I won't.

Instead, I would just like to ask you and others a question. Which character do you remember more? Minilla, or Little Godzilla? (JUST Little Godzilla, no Baby or Junior) Here's my answer. Sure Little Godzilla might have looked more "epic" (To you anyway), but all he did in the film was waddle around (Probably because the suit was too heavy) and make cute noises, only to be caputured. Minilla had so much more character, did so much more in the films he was in, and had realistic movements, thanks to the late Little Man Machan. So what I'm trying to say is, just because something looks better, doesn't mean it is.

And besides, do you really think this looks realistic?
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

MaxRebo320 wrote: Image
DARK 'N GRITTY

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

Space Hunter M wrote:
MaxRebo320 wrote: Image
DARK 'N GRITTY

L O V E C R A F T I A N

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Lol @ "Minya's an asshole". What the hell. :lol:
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Goji wrote:Lol @ "Minya's an asshole". What the hell. :lol:
Sounds like Minilla stole someone's parking space!

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

Between Minya & Little Godzilla, I'd pick Minya because he had more of a character, he didn't waddle around like a duck & plus in Destroy All Monsters he landed the finishing blow to King Ghidorah.
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Spacegodzilla can be Minilla's bitch.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

I don't get the animosity towards Minya. He's a comedic character in a comedic film. Hating him is like watching ABBOTT & COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN and hating Bud and Lou for being funny.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

CTHimes wrote:I don't get the animosity towards Minya. He's a comedic character in a comedic film. Hating him is like watching ABBOTT & COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN and hating Bud and Lou for being funny.
I think some people object to the idea of a Godzilla film being comedic, and use Minya as a scapegoat, a symbol of all that they object to in the more light-hearted entries.

I think there are others who honestly don't get that that Son of Godzilla is an intentionally comedic film.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Well we all know it's true, Minya doesn't get his own movie because he was a whiney premature ass
I feel the need to elaborate more on this comment. So Minilla did not get his own spin-off film because he was an "asshole"? So why hasn't King Ghidorah? Is he an asshole as well? Is Anguirus a twat? Can Mechagodzilla be quite the dick? Is Gigan just a flat out jerk?

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

MaxRebo320 wrote:
I feel the need to elaborate more on this comment. So Minilla did not get his own spin-off film because he was an "asshole"? So why hasn't King Ghidorah? Is he an asshole as well? Is Anguirus a twat? Can Mechagodzilla be quite the dick? Is Gigan just a flat out jerk?
Well, Gigan is clearly just a flat out jerk; it's kind of his charm.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

eabaker wrote:Well, Gigan is clearly just a flat out jerk; it's kind of his charm.
So no spin-off for him!

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

eabaker wrote:I think some people object to the idea of a Godzilla film being comedic, and use Minya as a scapegoat, a symbol of all that they object to in the more light-hearted entries.
Exactly. I think too that the idea of the King of the Monsters having such a character for his son is probably appalling to the fans that only want to see Godzilla kills thousands of people in each movie.

Godzilla and Minya are really a comedy team, especially in SON OF GODZILLA. Minya, of course, is the comic, while Godzilla is the straight man.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

A somewhat demanding father/straight man but a straightman nonetheless
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

I never said it had to do with Minya's look, although I can, he looked fugly! And sure he IS more popular, but I think Little Godzilla is sooooo adorable, he even blew radioactive bubbles, who knew radioactive death could look so cute. I just like Little One is more, Little G exploring and getting his pudgy little body in all sorts of shananigans would be GREAT!

And I only said that Minya an asshole cause I knew it sounded funny... And tweetable :-)

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:I think Little Godzilla is sooooo adorable, he even blew radioactive bubbles, who knew radioactive death could look so cute.
BE A MAN
Real men like Minilla.