Lost Project: Godzilla vs. The Devil (1978)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Lost Project: Godzilla vs. The Devil (1978)

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

mikelcho wrote:OK, I didn't know that part. But again, not exact, just close-close enough for all practical purposes. Also, I remember seeing somewhere that it was said that if Godzilla vs. the Devil had been a real project and if Toho had made it exactly as the story was described, it would've bankrupted them for sure.
This is about as close as you're gonna get
https://youtu.be/YsgBz7SQZd0
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Very good trailer. Makes you wish that the movie was real.

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

I wish Toho would make this as a new film. That would be fucking awesome. I think they could make a truly horrifying Kaiju film.

Added in 2 minutes 1 second:
Re: Lost Project discussion: Godzilla vs. The Devil(1978)
HayesAJones wrote:That's like if you had Jesus fight King Ghidorah.
This is honestly a better idea than what this thread is about only because it's so amusing to think about. :lol: Toho, you gotta make this a thing.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

You guys know this film wasn't ever really a scrapped film by Toho right? It was just a fandom myth that has been disproved

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

We're well aware, but it still would make for a cool future film. It's too good of an idea to pass up.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Man this thing'a honestly kinda trippy. A "lost project" that really isn't even a lost project. :lol:

I like the concept of Godzilla finally dealing with all the evilness that humanity releases and dealing with it for good, but if for some reason this really was in production (it wasn't, just in case you guys didn't know), i can't see it coming to the States scott free of controversy. This thing would have been hated by Christians!

Also, since this ended up coming into being by a mistranslation of Reawakening of Godzilla, i do get what parts it stemmed from. The fish, arachnid and bird stems from Bakan's three forms, and the Devil is suppose to be the "totem Bakan".

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Jesus vs King Ghidorah sounds even better tbh
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.