Worst Choreographed HUMAN fights

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
eggcheese
Yojimbo

Worst Choreographed HUMAN fights

Post by eggcheese »

What do you guys think the worst choreographed HUMAN fight of the Shows series is? I'm saying any of the "fights" between Hiroshi and the bumbling Seatopian agents.
"Oh no, they're getting pissed off!"

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Re: Worst Choreographed HUMAN fights

Post by Space Hunter M »

eggcheese wrote:I'm saying any of the "fights" between Hiroshi and the bumbling Seatopian agents.

I like Ichiro's struggle against the robbers. And the weird freeze frame brawl against Gabara later.

Outside the Showa films, Teresawa and Emi's fight against Wilson and Glenchico is pretty hilarious. Anything in Final Wars makes me giggle too.

Heath
Yojimbo

Post by Heath »

yeah, that particular fight stretches the term "choreographed" to it's limits... But I gotta admit, it's one of the reasons I love GvsM so much. That movie is fantastically bad. I've watched it so many times, especially if I am feeling down. It's awesome.

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

Heath wrote:yeah, that particular fight stretches the term "choreographed" to it's limits... But I gotta admit, it's one of the reasons I love GvsM so much. That movie is fantastically bad. I've watched it so many times, especially if I am feeling down. It's awesome.
Ditto. Many call it one of the worst. I find it extremely entertaining and one of my favorites. Having finally seen the original cut the fight scene seems more together with the cut footage intact. Also the bearded guy flying down the mountain gives me a chuckle.

The freeze frame fight from GV is pretty bizarre. Not sure what they were trying to shoot for. I also found the fight between Keisuki and the simian from GvMG pretty strange. Hot tea water, sham pillows, and some bizarre shaolin head pinch.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

Fun fact: Ishiro Honda choreographed all the fights in his films. I think he also choreographed the dances, too.

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

Outside the Showa films, Teresawa and Emi's fight against Wilson and Glenchico is pretty hilarious.
I remember that scene and feeling so underwhelmed by how quick it ended. Same goes to the fight with the two M-10 androids.
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Post by he-ba »

Definitely the fight between Kumyama and Torahata in Gv Mothra. It's just so amusing. I find that the comical relief in that movie. When Torahata has Kumyama on the ground and is winding up his fist and hitting with his wrist..... I consider that classic.

It may not be fighting, but when Kotaka in GvG is hit by one of the Nebulans.... the Neb actually Karate chops him in the end of the shoulder and Kotaka freezes in place.... I'm peeing my pants right now!
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Post by he-ba »

Blood aside, I just find it very amusing..... that's just me
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!