Most Ridiculous Moments

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Legion1979
Justiriser

Re: Most Ridiculous Moments

Post by Legion1979 »

How about Megalon and Gigan's reaction when Jet Jaguar flies Godzilla out of the circle of fire. Megalon throws his arms out as if to say, "What the f@ck??!!?!"

three
Keizer

Post by three »

hm hm hm! a more interesting thread idea might be to make a "least ridiculous" moment of the showa series, since there are so damn few of those!

i'm putting my money down on Godzilla taking flight in "the smog monster", Angirus catching some big air on Ghidorah's neck, the epic drop kick from the same movie as LC shared the poster for above my post here.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Grimlock#1
Monsterland Worker

Post by Grimlock#1 »

When Kuronuma force Miyajima to repair Mechagodzilla. I found it rediculous that the Simians were unable to rebuild their own superweapon without a human assisting. :lol: Maybe the Simians were being lazy that day or they didn't have enough of them who actually KNEW how to fix Mechagodzilla.
"Operator, give me the number for 911!"
Space Hunter M wrote:Ah, you and your corns. Great. When you and the MUTO meet, be sure you tell him all about your corn problems.
"MECHAGGGGGGGGGGGGG!"

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Godzilla 1995 wrote:The Simians weren't prepared for MechaGodzilla to be damaged like that. The assumption was, and it was correct, that MechaGodzilla would trash Godzilla so badly the big guy would never be able to destroy -or even injure- his mechanical duo. They underestimated Godzilla, and fell behind schedule due to repairs. In order to be on schedule for world domination, they got someone who knew the science even better than they did.
and of course later they went with the route of barter/trade rather than kidnap and force. we all know how that turned out. :D
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

Thank God for love.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Why didn't they just put practicals into her brain to stop her from getting to smart or turning against them? Like in Robocop

toho_guy01
Interpol Agent

Post by toho_guy01 »

Godzilla's dropkick nuff said.
That fella that still exists for whatever reason.

MrGameguy
EDF Instructor

Post by MrGameguy »

I always thought it was strange how the Giant Octopus was able to move on land & attack a village.
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

Godzilla 1995 wrote:
three wrote:
Godzilla 1995 wrote:The Simians weren't prepared for MechaGodzilla to be damaged like that. The assumption was, and it was correct, that MechaGodzilla would trash Godzilla so badly the big guy would never be able to destroy -or even injure- his mechanical duo. They underestimated Godzilla, and fell behind schedule due to repairs. In order to be on schedule for world domination, they got someone who knew the science even better than they did.
and of course later they went with the route of barter/trade rather than kidnap and force. we all know how that turned out. :D
If you're referring to Mafune and Katsura, it almost worked as well. Of all the alien forces that tried to take over Earth, I think the Simians were the ones that came closest to achieving their results. The only reason they failed the second time round was due to Katsura developing something very unexpected- a conscience.

If she had simply remained a cyborg in purest form, they never would have failed.

I wouldn't say it was that. MG didn't really do all that much during the final battle. It was the humans using the sonic waves on Titanosaurus that moved the tide of the battle.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

Godzilla 1995 wrote:
TourettesGigan wrote:I always thought it was strange how the Giant Octopus was able to move on land & attack a village.
Cause an octopus can survive like that?
I don't know, but in some scenes, I think Honda used a real octopus in KKvsG. It was very slimey and had breathing apparatus. The octopus on Kong's face was a suit but lacked those traits.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

ILL GREEN wrote: It was very slimey and had breathing apparatus.
.....what?
The octopus on Kong's face was a suit but lacked those traits.
...what?

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Legion1979 wrote:
.....what?
...what?

It was hilarious to poit that out legion but unfortunately it makes sense when the whole post is read, not just lines.

He says he thinks a real octopus was used for some cuts of the scene (that might not make sense but I'm film illiterate here so bear with me) but later they [Toho] just used a suit during the sequence when the octopus got to Kongs face. That breathing apparatus and the slime were his "giveaways" that one was real and that a change took place.

BioBagan
Samurai

Post by BioBagan »

What ever possessed them to even think this wouldn't do damage to Godzilla's credibility is beyond me.
Last edited by BioBagan on Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrGameguy
EDF Instructor

Post by MrGameguy »

The scene where that doctor committed suicide in Destroy All Monsters.
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

Legion1979 wrote:
.....what?
...what?
Huh? Idiot :roll:

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Two words: flying Godzilla. It truly has to be seen to be believed.
Last edited by KaijuFiend on Mon May 05, 2014 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

What, Godzilla can't dance?

Hedorah taking off with Godzilla's face right at the ass end and still having a face after he's dropped.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

Lioconvoy
Samurai

Post by Lioconvoy »

I say, Godzilla going to space to fight Monster Zero.

That and of course the epic flying kick and Godzilla flying.

he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Post by he-ba »

Lioconvoy wrote:I say, Godzilla going to space to fight Monster Zero.

That and of course the epic flying kick and Godzilla flying.
I didn't find going to space ridiculous, I found it to be a smart addition to IoAM and pretty cool as well.

And welcome, if you're really as new as you look, Lioconvoy!
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!