Most Ridiculous Moments

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Re: Most Ridiculous Moments

Post by he-ba »

Look at Cinemassacre's Godzillathon #10

It's in the first minute or so. Just don't let your friends see you watching it.... he shows it like three times......they will never let you hear the end of it....
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

That twerking on cars comment made me laugh so hard :lol: That really is just a weird scene. It makes me laugh every time

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

Nothing beats Godzilla and Anguirus talking in Godzilla vs. Gigan.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Monsters have talked before in the movies, just not in human voices.

But how often have you seen Godzilla dance in a movie? All he needs is a hat and cane.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

I wouldn't call Godzilla dancing in Monster Zero ridiculous. It was more like taunting Ghidorah. He does alot of that in King Kong vs Godzilla.

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

ILL GREEN wrote:I wouldn't call Godzilla dancing in Monster Zero ridiculous.
Ridiculous? No.
Single greatest moment in cinematic history? Hell yes!
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

eggcheese
Yojimbo

Post by eggcheese »

"Sounds like a crackpot idea to me." And "too bad Mothra doesn't have an alarm clock." Two awesome quotes from the original dub of Sea Monster/Ebirah. I hope they use this one for the new Blu ray release!
"Oh no, they're getting pissed off!"

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

ILL GREEN wrote:I wouldn't call Godzilla dancing in Monster Zero ridiculous. It was more like taunting Ghidorah. He does alot of that in King Kong vs Godzilla.
I that the crew didn't want to have Godzilla do it but Tsuburaya insisted cause it be put in for the kids

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah wrote:
ILL GREEN wrote:I wouldn't call Godzilla dancing in Monster Zero ridiculous.
Ridiculous? No.
Single greatest moment in cinematic history? Hell yes!
8-) Indeed it was.

When I first saw it, I thought it was bad ass. It was something unusual for a Godzilla flick. At least these moments were modest and not every film.

Kinda off topic but on topic, Gamera defeating Zigra and playing him like a vibraphone.

shippersdreamer
Interpol Agent

Post by shippersdreamer »

This is going to sound really cruel, but in Ghidorah, Three Headed Monster, Mothra Larva's body flopping around like a fish out of water
"Look out, it's the most fearsome monster on the planet! Gezora..."

he-ba
Interpol Agent

Post by he-ba »

eggcheese wrote:"Sounds like a crackpot idea to me." And "too bad Mothra doesn't have an alarm clock." Two awesome quotes from the original dub of Sea Monster/Ebirah. I hope they use this one for the new Blu ray release!
I just busted out the old VHS release of this from the back of my movie closet, and I was thinking the same thing!

Just had to put that out there.......

And just to stem off of Gamera, any scene involving the Gyaos flying prop..... especially the part when Gamera flies around him and he just sits there spinning..... it's worse than (back to G) the hover flying technique!

And another thing... Hedorah pooping on Godzilla in a pit. Oh God. It makes me want to throw up a ball of Hedorah sludge. Also, when the kid on the roller coaster "spots Godzilla in the distance." The part when it quickly zooms on a black silhouette of G.

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

When Godzilla flies hands down.
Shadow Arena Records:

Wins: 1
Losses: 0

siphunclekaiju54
Ronin

Post by siphunclekaiju54 »

I'm tempted to say all the monster island scenes in All Monsters Attack, but I'm not sure if it counts since it's all just some kid's bizarre fever dream. The most ridiculous moments are the ones that are shown at face value, like the flying drop kick and the infamous flight scene.

I always figured the victory dance wasn't totally absurd since they're on a planet with low gravity and Godzilla was probably just enjoying the feeling of not weighing a hundred tons.

If we're including Gamera in this, pretty much the entirety of Gamera vs. Guiron and vs. Zigra would qualify, but that's why I love them. :)

shippersdreamer
Interpol Agent

Living Corpse wrote:Skip to 4:05

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xf4ljr ... shortfilms

I never wanna hear about Godzilla flying being the most WTF ever again.
Would Godzilla doing a body slam count as flying?

he-ba
Interpol Agent

Post by he-ba »

siphunclekaiju54 wrote: ...I always figured the victory dance wasn't totally absurd since they're on a planet with low gravity and Godzilla was probably just enjoying the feeling of not weighing a hundred tons...
The one problem with this is that the whole time the monsters never float or seem weightless. Even the astronauts aren't zero-gravity!

siphunclekaiju54
Ronin

Well, it could've been a continuity error. :P This is all just my headcannon anyway, but Planet X seems way smaller than Earth. If it had the same level of gravity as our moon, for example, the astronauts and monsters would have weighed a lot less and Godzilla might've been able to jump around and do the things he does.

If Godzilla ever does make his way into space again in a future movie, I'd love to see this explored more consistently. A low-gravity kaiju battle would allow for some of those crazy Showa antics with something of an excuse for it, however flimsy it is.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

Malmess's death in GTTHM. He doesn't get hit with a boulder and falls to his death. No, he instead CATCHES THE BOULDER AND THEN FALLS. It's just so goofy looking.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

shippersdreamer
Interpol Agent

he-ba wrote:
siphunclekaiju54 wrote: ...I always figured the victory dance wasn't totally absurd since they're on a planet with low gravity and Godzilla was probably just enjoying the feeling of not weighing a hundred tons...
The one problem with this is that the whole time the monsters never float or seem weightless. Even the astronauts aren't zero-gravity!
Although if they did that, it would've been even funnier seeing Godzilla jump and just start floating away, looking around bewildered and confused.

siphunclekaiju54
Ronin

Well he wouldn't have floated away unless he completely escaped the gravitational pull of the planet. Objects on the moon don't just fly off into space when they leave the ground, they bounce around more than on Earth because the gravity there is lower, not nonexistent.

But screw it, we're talking about the physics in a Showa Godzilla movie. :lol: I was just trying to justify what I feel is a great moment that doesn't seem jarring or out of place to me.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

In raids again when Godzilla shots down kobyoshi the face he makes before he hits the mountain lol