Rodan attacking two cities?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Rodan attacking two cities?

Post by he-ba »

I really am afraid of posting.... I bet that this was already stated, but anyways. In the English dub of Rodan, after the attack, they state that they left two cities burning. Is this true? What other city? Did they just translate from the Japanese version? Is it even in the Japanese version? I love this movie, but it really confuses the plot.
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

NoOneKansai
Ronin

Re: Rodan attacking two cities?

Post by NoOneKansai »

Some guy in the film also speaks of Yahata being damaged, which is near Fukuoka. Do you remember the exact scene/time code of your version? Then I or someone else could easily check this. ;) Don't know what's so surprising about it though, I don't think Radon cares a lot about city borders.

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

Probably Sasebo and Yahata after Fukuoka like NoOneKansai said.

he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Post by he-ba »

I agree, but after their attack from the same area, they fly away. Maybe it is to another city? I'm sorry, I can't give you a time, but if you have the movie next to you and time to watch it, it is at the very end of their attack on Sasebo. Right before the shots of the city burning, a guy says, "...they attacked and left two cities burning..."
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!