Lost Project discussion: Godzilla vs. Redmoon(1972)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Godzilla 2000
Xilien Halfling

Re: Lost Project discussion: Godzilla vs. Redmoon(1972)

Post by Godzilla 2000 »

I'm surprised people are so interesting in the finer details. I'm pretty sure Toho would not have an actual mating scene in their Godzilla movies, guys.

BurningGMK54
Monsterland Worker

Post by BurningGMK54 »

I wonder if the humans would've have to help Godzilla win like in TOMG or if Godzilla would've been able to take them both.
Last edited by BurningGMK54 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My entire experience at TohoKingdom before 2015 can be summed up like this:
I joined, said some REALLY dumb s***, and then disappeared.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

This has been a lost project that has always intrigued me. Redmoon and Erabus sound like they could have been cool monsters and Godzilla vs two kaiju at the same time could have been an excellent fight scene.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Post by he-ba »

Redmoon is actually really cool, but Erabus is just...... eww. But there would never be a mating scene, nor a birth scene or pregnancy. They'd probably have to do the old "5 months later" thing and show the baby.
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

Godsteigman
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godsteigman »

I wish some of the lost projects happened. Id love to have a Godzilla vs Wolfman movie !
Its still not too late to do these are they ??

he-ba
Interpol Agent

Post by he-ba »

I would want some, but not all. I think that Godzilla vs Batman would be THE WORST G movie of all time. Seriously? Adam West with bat-shark repellent vs Godzilla? Really!?! All the others sound good, though

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

he-ba wrote:I would want some, but not all. I think that Godzilla vs Batman would be THE WORST G movie of all time. Seriously? Adam West with bat-shark repellent vs Godzilla? Really!?! All the others sound good, though
For the craziness factor, I'd watch that for a dollar or a few. If we got King Kong, why not the caped crusader?

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

I also wonder how it would have ended. The only reasonable option seems to be that Godzilla kills Redmoon and Erabus, but that would have been way too dark for this period of the Showa era.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Gothicserpent wrote:I also wonder how it would have ended. The only reasonable option seems to be that Godzilla kills Redmoon and Erabus, but that would have been way too dark for this period of the Showa era.
But you forgot that Godzilla supposedly killed Kumonga at the end of Son of Godzilla and killed two Kamacuri. But I think that either ending could happen.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Gothicserpent wrote:I also wonder how it would have ended. The only reasonable option seems to be that Godzilla kills Redmoon and Erabus, but that would have been way too dark for this period of the Showa era.
I disagree. Godzilla vs. Hedorah was pretty disturbing when we look back at it, and it was made a year before this concept's introduction.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

To anyone who wants to watch Daigoro vs. Goliath, it's here.

Looks like an intriguing idea for a Godzilla film, although I'm not a fan of the show-up-to-fight-the-monster approach, which took away from G vs. M and ToMG.

he-ba
Interpol Agent

Post by he-ba »

That was the first time I have seen that movie..... and it was a mixed bag. Goliath would be a good Redmoon, Daigoro would be perfect for his death, but now I hate Erabus even more. She. Is. CREEPY!!! The hair! The squeaking!! GAH!!!!! I can't stand it! I bet children were horrified of that... thing!

Just Plain Dan
G-Force Personnel

Post by Just Plain Dan »

My favorite of the lost projects, despite me thinking the Showa films kinda hit a point where they overused the "....from SPACE!" idea a little bit.

BioBagan
Samurai

Post by BioBagan »

From G-Fan #104.

shippersdreamer
Interpol Agent

Post by shippersdreamer »

Those two monsters in the upper right that Godzilla are hiding behind look really silly.
"Look out, it's the most fearsome monster on the planet! Gezora..."

stripegremlin
Ronin

Post by stripegremlin »

Where is all this "monster mating" Coming from? Can anyone give me a website or info? :shock:

he-ba
Interpol Agent

Post by he-ba »

Try Toho Kingdom's Cutting Room. There's some info on this, as well as the rest of most of the unused movie ideas.

Don't take this sarcastically, there is actually a lot of info compared to all other Kaiju-related websites

stripegremlin
Ronin

Post by stripegremlin »

Thanks! This movie would be so strange if it was real.

he-ba
Interpol Agent

Post by he-ba »

If it would be on its own, I think it would be a flop. I'm guessing they wanted Godzilla in there for a better chance of getting a better attendance number, but it's just weird to me.....

shippersdreamer
Interpol Agent

Post by shippersdreamer »

he-ba wrote:If it would be on its own, I think it would be a flop. I'm guessing they wanted Godzilla in there for a better chance of getting a better attendance number, but it's just weird to me.....
Well considering that's not the first time Toho would've just shoved Godzilla in a movie just for better numbers (I'm looking at you Battle for Earth), it wouldn't surprise me if the movie was made, that was the case.
"Look out, it's the most fearsome monster on the planet! Gezora..."