Godzilla's Movement in "Hedorah"

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Re: Godzilla's Movement in "Hedorah"

Post by ILL GREEN »

I think it was the director's perception of how giant things move. If you ever saw a crane 400ft move from left to right; without cargo, its very slow moving. Godzilla, when he swings his arm, is probably going across a mile roundtrip around the city. Just trying to get in Banno's head.

he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Post by he-ba »

Hmmmm... you have a point there, but Godzilla is much faster than that, in previous movies and movies afterward. Even the original Godzilla was faster than this one! Also, cranes move that slow because they are very fragile (compared to other machines) and don't want to drop or spill cargo, even without it. I bet you saw what happened to the crane atop a skyscraper after Sandy? It collapsed very early in the Hurricane's landfall.
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

he-ba
Interpol Agent

Post by he-ba »

I just wanted to revive this for one quick question. Does the land form of hedorah (not the final) have four legs or two and a tail? It confuses me so.

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

he-ba wrote:I just wanted to revive this for one quick question. Does the land form of hedorah (not the final) have four legs or two and a tail? It confuses me so.
It has four legs and a tail.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

he-ba
Interpol Agent

Post by he-ba »

Great! Thanks!