Best/worst choreography

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
MustafaDaisenso
Monarch Researcher

Best/worst choreography

Post by MustafaDaisenso »

Which Godzilla movie had the best/worst choreography in you opinion? List the film(s) and a short explanation why. The fight or the movie doesnt have to be bad, but if you think theres something lacking give us your thoughts.

Best:
GRA that's one ferocious kaiju battle, very violent and animalistic
KKvG: once kong is revived the fight becomes an all out brawl of legendary proportions
MvG: I may not like this movie, but the fight between Godzilla and the adult mothra is pretty well executed
MZ: the two battles may be short but they're quite fast paced, chaotic, and memorable
GvG: the brawl is nakajima's swan song, very fun and the beat down is awesome

Meh:
GTTHM: the climactic battle is quite cool, but at times it's a bit awkward
GvtSM: the fights are unique, but arikawa's direction could have been more inspired
DAM: final battle marred by some lackluster direction and choreography
GvMG: I love the battles in this movie, but aside from the MG vs KC fight, the choreography was a bit awkward and relied more on flashiness. Still an awesome movie
ToMG: some fierce fighting between Godzilla and Titanosaurus, but the rights with MG were kinda weak, MG lost his melee capabilities.

Worst:

GvH: probably the worst as far as choreography goes. Fighting is nonsensical and boring, and seeing hedorahs upright form topple over is unintentionally hilarious.
GvM: gigan loses his badassery, Godzilla is scared of fire, and the style is overly cartoony
"I'm a freelance reporter, but... you could call me a scandal hunter hahahaha…"
Check out my YouTube channel for restored Toku trailers in HD
Rodan 1.85:1 US Reconstruction Thread

Legion1979
Justiriser

Re: Best/worst choreography

Post by Legion1979 »

I don't see many instances here where you actually comment on the choreography. As far as I'm concerned DAM is the best in this regard, since coordinating all the suits and wires couldn't have been easy.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Legion1979 wrote:I don't see many instances here where you actually comment on the choreography. As far as I'm concerned DAM is the best in this regard, since coordinating all the suits and wires couldn't have been easy.

you're probably right, though going off of how awkward some of the battles came together...i dunno. you could argue that GvM was terrible because of the suit issues they had, which on occasion turned out badly (Godzilla slipping off the bridge) or cool (the suit catching fire). the topic is interesting though.

for the sake of how things looked, i'll say Hedorah and...that's it.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Gojira1963
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira1963 »

Does this count? I hated how they had Titanosurus able to fling Godzilla around by the lip.
Liam F.

My science fiction/Fantasy blog. with Godzilla content! http://foleyfunfilmfacts.wordpress.com/