Jun Fukuda Interview

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Jun Fukuda Interview

Post by Godzillian »

Here is an interview with Jun Fukuda. Turns out he hates his Godzilla films.

http://www.davmil.org/www.kaijuconversa ... fukuda.htm

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Re: Jun Fukuda Interview

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

He just doesn't think Toho shouldn't have made any sequels to the Original... It's understandable, an he is not alone in that opinion i'm sure. Not to mention with the ever decreasing budget he seems to mention for his films an shortness of time shooting them i can see why he'd be a bit bitter (in some sense) it seems.

Funny that he said he was looking forward to Sony's 1998 films, wonder what he thought about that now...

I do agree however that Godzilla films can be greatly benefited by being American produced since it can give the monster the budget over 10X what Toho can provide, they just have to respect source material.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Legion1979 wrote:It's a shame he feels that way. His 60's films are actually really good from a film making standpoint, Son of Godzilla especially.
Yeah he made some of the most enjoyable and fun godzilla movies and its sad to see he dislikes them so much. At least it didn't effect the movies and he still put in effort.

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

Tyler wrote:I can't tell if he's just humble in that Japanese way or really upset.
That's what I'm think part of it might be. I read most of it as just simple and straightforward, if a bit curt. That last bit seems to steam more from just not caring too much for the projects he was assigned. At least that's what I'm reading out of it.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)