How come Mechagodzilla & King Ghidorah never teamed up?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Re: How come Mechagodzilla & King Ghidorah never teamed up?

Post by he-ba »

Kaiser wrote:The problem with putting both Mechagodzilla and King Ghidorah together in a film is that they're both such marquee villains that they would end up stealing screen time away from one another. The fact that the two of them are in the same movie would also diminish the threat they pose in my mind because all their previous incarnations have been so powerful that Godzilla being able to defeat the two of them even with help would be unrealistic in my mind. It's sort of how Spider Man 3 didn't work because we had too many villains with Venom, Sandman and the Green Goblin so the film wasn't really able to do justice to any of them.
So then why don't we make it a 2/30 hour movie? Ghidorah can just be acquired by the Black Hole aliens and then focus more on MechaG and whatever other monsters there are in the film, including Godzilla. Like GvMG, they focused on Godzilla, MechaGodzilla, and King Caesar at the same time. Spider-Man 3 had a plot that was too Peter-based, not on the villains or even Spider-Man.
Also, why can't Godzilla team up with Rodan and then add maybe KC or even Titano. If Godzilla took MG with KC and KG with Rodan, I think it would be a splendid matchup. (Without any budget problems, obviously)
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

GojiraFanMan
Yojimbo

Post by GojiraFanMan »

Why have they never teamed up?

Because it would be so awesome that the world would explode, that's why.

Hipster Thor
Gotengo Officer

Post by Hipster Thor »

People who are claiming the KG suit was too old and worn by the time the Mechagodzilla films came out are neglecting that the KG suit was used to decent effect in Zone Fighter(1973).
"My opinion matters and you need to hear, it regardless of how rude and obnoxious my posts are, because I'm smarter than all of you."
It isn't conderacting if i'm pissed.
Let's dance.

http://20sideshero.tumblr.com/

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Hipster Thor wrote:People who are claiming the KG suit was too old and worn by the time the Mechagodzilla films came out are neglecting that the KG suit was used to decent effect in Zone Fighter(1973).
The Ghidorah suit looked terribly worn in Zone Fighter. I really would not have wanted to see it show up in another film.

he-ba
Interpol Agent

Post by he-ba »

^Even his cackle was worn out

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

Gojora
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojora »

Because they didn't met....yet.
TK's Touhou resident.
Basically the only guy here that likes the Shadow Arena.
RIP Shadow Arena, it was my favorite place...
Resized Image
Kaijunator wrote:
Derzerb wrote:Apocalymon makes this fight one-sided since he can flat out delete enemies or he could just wipe out the entire dimension.
Delete enemies. Lol.
Apocalymon: I want to delete my opponents. *goes to computer* and delete! *presses delete button, all enemies get deleted*.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

75 Godzilla would have run through them both almost like he did in TOMG. I could see KG substituted Titano in the film and the plot going more or less the same way.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

he-ba
Interpol Agent

Post by he-ba »

^What?

Actually, just like in GvG, Mechagodzilla would do all the work and KG would sit back and wait to either be included through stock footage or get beat up.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

he-ba wrote:^What?

Actually, just like in GvG, Mechagodzilla would do all the work and KG would sit back and wait to either be included through stock footage or get beat up.
Godzilla almost beat Titanosaurs and, Mechagodzilla on his own by 1975 He might have done similar with the motionless Ghidorah and weaker Mechagodzilla.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

It would be a fun movie, while i am surprised it has yet to happen i can understand why it hasn't.

Both Mecha-Godzilla and King Ghidorah are Godzilla's toughest and most famous foes, unless you had an army of monsters behind Godzilla to help take them down it would diminish just how powerful they both are.

Ghidorah has proven to be a very powerful match against Godzilla, almost killing him and Mecha-Godzilla has killed him and almost killed him in the Original. So if they couldn't kill Godzilla together in my opinion they'd look extremely weak unless like i said Godzilla had an army of monsters behind him. That probably should have been the plot for ''Final Wars'' an it would have been much more well received.