Minya: Why all the hate?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Minya: Why all the hate?

Post by _JNavs_ »

eabaker wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
eabaker wrote:
This right here. Fact.
Debatable. At least Lil Godzilla had an overall arc that started with him getting stolen by SpaceGodzilla, Rodan thinking he was his brother and defended him to the death and then ended with him becoming the actual Godzilla at the end once his dad passed.
Most of your sentence related to Baby Godzilla and Godzilla Junior, not Little Godzilla.
Aren't they all the same character?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: He was the reason most of the Heisei films even happened. He's the reason for Rodan, The reason for Godzilla to even bother with Space Godzilla, and the reason Godzilla went full dad mode on Destroyah. His arc consisted of him coming close to death multiple times, yet surviving and becoming an actual Godzilla.
Then he's a plot device. Doesn't mean he has an arc.
Overcoming slim odds, gaining allies and growing into his fathers footsteps is definitely an arc.
The two human allies?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Maritonic wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Overcoming slim odds, gaining allies and growing into his fathers footsteps is definitely an arc.
None of that happens...
Then you must've watched a completely different Heisei era.

Added in 29 seconds:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
The two human allies?
Rodan fought to the death for him, the humans too.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Overcoming slim odds, gaining allies and growing into his fathers footsteps is definitely an arc.
None of that happens...
:lol: .....Got'em.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

_JNavs_ wrote:
eabaker wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Debatable. At least Lil Godzilla had an overall arc that started with him getting stolen by SpaceGodzilla, Rodan thinking he was his brother and defended him to the death and then ended with him becoming the actual Godzilla at the end once his dad passed.
Most of your sentence related to Baby Godzilla and Godzilla Junior, not Little Godzilla.
Yes, but Teresawa's comment was specifically about that incarnation, not about his character across all three movies.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Overcoming slim odds, gaining allies and growing into his fathers footsteps is definitely an arc.
None of that happens...
What slim odds does he over come? What allies does he make? How does he follow in his father's footsteps?

He does nothing in Mechagodzilla.
He is trapped in Spacegodzilla.
The most stuff he does is in Destroyah, sure, but he gets killed quickly and never shows any sign of being remotely like Godzilla. Yes he becomes a mature Godzilla at the very very end of the movie but that's just an image, he doesn't *do* anything.

He is a plot device to move the plots of MG, SG, and Destroyah. He has no overarc through those movies, he doesn't change or evolve (only visually).
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

eabaker wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
eabaker wrote:
Yes, but Teresawa's comment was specifically about that incarnation, not about his character across all three movies.
Oh I thought he meant the overall character, whoops my bad

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Wondering when the F.B.I will join this chat.

I mean we're talking about a baby and how he made us feel.....in the 70's and in his teenage years.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Maritonic wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
None of that happens...
What slim odds does he over come? What allies does he make? How does he follow in his father's footsteps?

The most stuff he does is in Destroyah, sure, but he gets killed quickly and never shows any sign of being remotely like Godzilla. Yes he becomes a mature Godzilla at the very very end of the movie but that's just an image, he doesn't *do* anything.

He is a plot device to move the plots of MG, SG, and Destroyah. He has no overarc through those movies, he doesn't change or evolve (only visually).
He is found in Rodans nest, Rodan believes him to be his brother the entire film, until he realizes he isn't and then he sacrifices his life for Godzillas so that Godzilla can raise his son all the while the humans discover he's better off with his dad.

He is stolen from Godzilla by SpaceGodzilla to lure him out,so yes technically he is a plot device for this film, but that doesn't mean it isn't a continuation of his arc.

He whoops lil Destroyahs ass for a solid 10 minutes before the flying crab starts whooping him into the ground, He tries to take on Destroyah but gets chokeslammed from the skies, lands hard and dies. His father feeling pure burning hatred whoops Destroyah into next Tuesday and then dies, relinqueshing his energy to lil Godzilla, thus reviving him and officially giving him the Godzilla namesake.

That's a pretty badass arc if you ask me.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Things happen to him but he himself doesn't drive the changes
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

goji89 wrote:Wondering when the F.B.I will join this chat.

I mean we're talking about a baby and how he made us feel.....in the 70's and in his teenage years.
Minya doesn't appear in the 70s. You're not a true fan, goji.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Dr. Professor wrote:
goji89 wrote:Wondering when the F.B.I will join this chat.

Minya doesn't appear in the 70s. You're not a true fan, goji.
I didnt want to come off as a true perv....had to bump up his age a bit and not talk about how a freaking baby made me feel.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Then you must've watched a completely different Heisei era.

He is found in Rodans nest, Rodan believes him to be his brother the entire film, until he realizes he isn't and then he sacrifices his life for Godzillas so that Godzilla can raise his son all the while the humans discover he's better off with his dad.

He is stolen from Godzilla by SpaceGodzilla to lure him out,so yes technically he is a plot device for this film, but that doesn't mean it isn't a continuation of his arc.

He whoops lil Destroyahs ass for a solid 10 minutes before the flying crab starts whooping him into the ground, He tries to take on Destroyah but gets chokeslammed from the skies, lands hard and dies. His father feeling pure burning hatred whoops Destroyah into next Tuesday and then dies, relinqueshing his energy to lil Godzilla, thus reviving him and officially giving him the Godzilla namesake.

He actually doesn't try to take on Destroyah in his final form. Destroyah just comes out of nowhere and snatches him up.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Dr. Professor wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Maritonic wrote:

He actually doesn't try to take on Destroyah in his final form. Destroyah just comes out of nowhere and snatches him up.
And he's led to Destroyah by the psychics. He doesn't show up of his own volition.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Dr. Professor wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Maritonic wrote:

Wasn't it lil Godzilla that comes out of nowhere? Could've sworn it was amidst the final battle between Big G and Destroyah. But yeah either way he gets chokeslammed from the Heavens and lands like a pile of dead lizard.

Added in 49 seconds:
eabaker wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:

And he's led to Destroyah by the psychics. He doesn't show up of his own volition.
I'm sure he would have later on anyway, since he knew his father would be there.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Stop....Stop.....guy's.

He's already dead.

:cry:

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

_JNavs_ wrote:I'm sure he would have later on anyway, since he knew his father would be there.
But his father came because he was there.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

eabaker wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:I'm sure he would have later on anyway, since he knew his father would be there.
But his father came because he was there.
Yeah, I'm saying even if the psychics didn't convince him, Godzilla would have found Destroyah and Lil G would've instinctively known to head towards him
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Hes dead guys.....you killed him......

Rest _JNavs....you did good, you did good.

You went up against TK's God...and his plumber. You stood no chance.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

goji89 wrote: They're dead guy.....you killed them......

_JNavs....you did good, you did good.

You went up against TK's God...and his plumber. And Won.
You're right, You're right. And when you're right, you're right I fully agree :lol: .