Most Powerful: Mechagodzilla 74 or 75?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Missingno.
G-Grasper

Re: Most Powerful: Mechagodzilla 74 or 75?

Post by Missingno. »

It's mostly stock footage when MechaGodzilla fights Godzilla in ToMG. When MechaGodzilla is using all of his weapons at once like he did before, it's stock footage. I also find it hard to believe that missiles that rotate slightly slower than those on the first Mechagodzilla's hand are much more "devastating". Also one of the biggest misconceptions I've noticed is that while yes, Godzilla turned MechaGodzilla's head to where it fell off in GvMG, the NECK is what falls off before MechaGodzilla detonates, not the head. Then in ToMG, Godzilla actually rips off the HEAD and not the NECK like in GvMG. Also like some people have stated, Titanosaurus is doing most of the fighting while MechaGodzilla just sits and watches, giving him backup only when he needs it.
So yeah, I have to say the first one is stronger, as it would've single handedly taken down two monsters were it not for the controller being damaged and Godzilla turning himself into a magnet.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Ōei
Monarch Researcher

Post by Ōei »

mechagodzilla 75 had more gadgets it seems

he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Post by he-ba »

I see a few differences, but not many. '74 was cool, but had almost a "lighter side" to him, like getting into physical combat. '75 gave him a very dark tone, destroying everything in sight without hesitation. Also, '75 looked like he had much more ammo or maybe more powerful ammo. '74 kind of used his sparingly, except for when he went "full out mode" on King Caesar and Godzy. '75 just ripped into buildings constantly without even thinking. And with the head, '75 just wins that hands down So for more powerful I'd have to go with '75.

And also Terror of Mechagodzilla is my favorite movie (besides the first, that will ALWAYS be #1 for every fan), so that adds MAJOR points to '75 :)
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

gojira96
Monarch Researcher

Post by gojira96 »

Missingno. wrote:It's mostly stock footage when MechaGodzilla fights Godzilla in ToMG.
I'm pretty sure it's mostly, if not all, original footage.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Okay let me rephrase that: The shots where MechaGodzilla uses all of his weapons at once (and a few other shots, I haven't seen the movie in a while) are stock footage while the rest is original
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

he-ba wrote: (besides the first, that will ALWAYS be #1 for every fan)
Speak for yourself buddy! :P

On topic, from a storytelling & chronological standpoint, as well as the Simians' own admission, Mechgodzilla 2 is technically stronger. Inconsistencies can be explained by both the Simians trying a new tactic as well as Godzilla himself learning from his previous battle. Plus it just looks so much cooler! :D
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

MechaGodzilla 1974 seemed more ideally strong, whilst MechaGodzilla 1975 was more of a heavy hitter. MG74 was able to fend off others and cause destruction better than MG75, though the latter had more deadly weapons and was likelier to actually kill a target enemy because of that - not to mention, MG75 had a higher chance of being victorious because of its' backup head. In the end, they're practically equally strong, though I think MG75 wins overall - though, just by a bit.
200th Post!

three
Keizer

Post by three »

neither was stronger. the only difference was the computer that gave MG the ability to think/act/do whatever was put inside Katsura so that it could fight on if the same scenario played out as before.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

The one weakness that 75 has is his lackluster hand-to-hand skills.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

LegendZilla wrote:The one weakness that 75 has is his lackluster hand-to-hand skills.
nah. Titano took away all of the necessity of MG using his hand to hand skills in ToMG. there was but one difference of major note between the two, one that had major significance that is: the backup head/motherboard being put in an outside source.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

he-ba
Interpol Agent

Post by he-ba »

But hand to hand DID work last time, it's just MG was outsmarted by two monsters. This time, as stayed above, they had Titano to do all the work, and G had no ally, so the tables where turned (until they were turned against the original table turners, IRONIC TWIST.......)

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

three
Keizer

Post by three »

i don't think they had any plan to really keep MG out of it. rather, they realized that MG on its own wasn't enough, brought in Titanosaurus, and it did a fine job of throwing punches with help from MG.

basically, plan B was working really well until humans interfered. so...i dunno where people get the idea that hand to hand was something the aliens feared, but it wasn't.

Irys X
Interpol Agent

Post by Irys X »

Logically, MG 75 should be more powerful. But Godzilla soloed him without too much trouble after being double teamed by Titano and MG. Godzilla barely defeated MG 74 with the "help" of King Seesar, and that was after Godzilla pulled magnetic abilities out of his ass. Say what you want about MG 75's rotating missiles, but I didn't see any of them pierce Godzilla's skin or produce fountains of blood. So, in the end, MG 74 gets my vote.
My Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla stop motion movie -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fshhA8BWuLw

Rodan vs. F-22 Raptor - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q3V02iy_Xw

Wrath of Mechagodzilla - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4xHP8C_vWw

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Irys X wrote:Logically, MG 75 should be more powerful. But Godzilla soloed him without too much trouble after being double teamed by Titano and MG. Godzilla barely defeated MG 74 with the "help" of King Seesar, and that was after Godzilla pulled magnetic abilities out of his ass. Say what you want about MG 75's rotating missiles, but I didn't see any of them pierce Godzilla's skin or produce fountains of blood. So, in the end, MG 74 gets my vote.
i believe what you've got going there is (and this is not meant to offend you) flawed thinking. it's the equivalent of calling a change in tactics in an army what makes one army better than the next one. the aliens just prepared better, and kept MG off the front line since it was shown up there previously. that was the aliens showing that they were versatile, and adaptable. neither is really stronger than the other -- one just came better prepared for Godzilla, which is a very specific threat to be ready to combat.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

The aliens plan in TOM seemed to be let Titano do all the work with Godzilla and lend assistance when need be or finish off Godzilla. When Godzilla had Titano on the ropes Mechag blasted him with his eye beams.

Irys X
Interpol Agent

Post by Irys X »

three wrote:i believe what you've got going there is (and this is not meant to offend you) flawed thinking. it's the equivalent of calling a change in tactics in an army what makes one army better than the next one. the aliens just prepared better, and kept MG off the front line since it was shown up there previously. that was the aliens showing that they were versatile, and adaptable. neither is really stronger than the other -- one just came better prepared for Godzilla, which is a very specific threat to be ready to combat.
Well, I was just thinking about the point when Titano was being bombarded by sonic waves and Godzilla finally faced MG alone. Godzilla always got knocked down when the '74 MG unleashed all his firepower on him, but Godzilla waded through the '75 MG's barrage and then ripped his head off, no magnetic powers required. It could also be a change in the power of Godzilla, but I'm inclined to think that '75 MG's weapons were a bit weaker.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

Yes head ripped off but then there was a plan b. Another but tiny head.

he-ba
Interpol Agent

Post by he-ba »

Irys X wrote:
three wrote:i believe what you've got going there is (and this is not meant to offend you) flawed thinking. it's the equivalent of calling a change in tactics in an army what makes one army better than the next one. the aliens just prepared better, and kept MG off the front line since it was shown up there previously. that was the aliens showing that they were versatile, and adaptable. neither is really stronger than the other -- one just came better prepared for Godzilla, which is a very specific threat to be ready to combat.
Well, I was just thinking about the point when Titano was being bombarded by sonic waves and Godzilla finally faced MG alone. Godzilla always got knocked down when the '74 MG unleashed all his firepower on him, but Godzilla waded through the '75 MG's barrage and then ripped his head off, no magnetic powers required. It could also be a change in the power of Godzilla, but I'm inclined to think that '75 MG's weapons were a bit weaker.
Yeah but Godzilla knew the pain and effects of MG's missiles, so he just bit the bullet and ran as fast as he could to get to MG and rip off his head (unfortunately, that didn't work, but that's another problem). MG's rotating missiles aren't really as big of a deal in an all-out-attack, as he has the same missiles as last time all over besides his fingers, and the same beams as well.
Oh yeah, and this time instead of bleeding he caught on fire!

three
Keizer

Post by three »

yea, unlike before he didn't stand there and get obliterated. this time around, he charged in, threw Titano to the side, and took MG straight down.

Irys X
Interpol Agent

Post by Irys X »

Well then, maybe it is just a difference in either Godzilla's strength or attitude. I don't know. I've always had the impression of MG 74 being a juggernaut and MG 75 standing around and letting Titano do most of the work, and I don't think I can change how I view them. I can say conclusively that the Black Hole Aliens thought their strategy through much better in ToMG.