Most Powerful: Mechagodzilla 74 or 75?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Irys X
Interpol Agent

Re: Most Powerful: Mechagodzilla 74 or 75?

Post by Irys X »

Well then, maybe it is just a difference in either Godzilla's strength or attitude. I don't know. I've always had the impression of MG 74 being a juggernaut and MG 75 standing around and letting Titano do most of the work, and I don't think I can change how I view them. I can say conclusively that the Black Hole Aliens thought their strategy through much better in ToMG.
My Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla stop motion movie -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fshhA8BWuLw

Rodan vs. F-22 Raptor - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q3V02iy_Xw

Wrath of Mechagodzilla - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4xHP8C_vWw

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Irys X wrote: I can say conclusively that the Black Hole Aliens thought their strategy through much better in ToMG.
exactly what it was. they adapted to the threat Godzilla posed, as an all out killing machine didn't work previously. they learned that against two monsters, or even just Godzilla, MG probably would not win the fight. they brought in Titano almost as a "why not" solution, however. i don't think they checked the yellow pages (japan edition) for shunned scientists who hath more fury than a woman's scorn. had Mafune not existed, i believe the aliens try to figure something out using just MG, and possibly their own war - time weapons (not kaiju based).

the change in strategy it seems was more because of random opportunity than necessity, it seems. they had a backup plan in place (second head) to combat Godzilla, for example, expecting him to fight MG at least once one on one. plus, they feared Titano, saying that letting the two monsters fight meant they could more easily take down the winner, and ultimately pave the way to conquer Earth.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Post by he-ba »

three wrote:
Irys X wrote: I can say conclusively that the Black Hole Aliens thought their strategy through much better in ToMG.
the change in strategy it seems was more because of random opportunity than necessity, it seems. /quote]

Ok I'm really bad at quoting so I don't know what just happened.

Anyways, I always thought of it that way too, but I always wondered how they every found out about Mafune. That's like the Nebulans choosing the two resently dead guys. Why them? I don't know, I just always wondered how these aliens ran into these people.
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

three
Keizer

Post by three »

I'm sure word travels that there is a psycho scientist who thinks he found a giant dinosaur roaming the deep sea near Japan. It's not in the classifieds, but it's probably gonna be spoken about in the circles the aliens would infiltrate (science and medicine ones).
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

Irys X
Interpol Agent

Post by Irys X »

three wrote:I'm sure word travels that there is a psycho scientist who thinks he found a giant dinosaur roaming the deep sea near Japan.
Maybe this is a little off topic, but why exactly did everyone think Mafune was a psycho? It seems to me that about ten giant dinosaurs (at least) had been confirmed to be lurking around Japan by that time.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Irys X wrote:
three wrote:I'm sure word travels that there is a psycho scientist who thinks he found a giant dinosaur roaming the deep sea near Japan.
Maybe this is a little off topic, but why exactly did everyone think Mafune was a psycho? It seems to me that about ten giant dinosaurs (at least) had been confirmed to be lurking around Japan by that time.
to be honest i'm not sure of the continuity of Showa films, since movies like Gigan, Megalon, etc. just up and fail to factor into movies like ToMG, or MechaGodzilla, and so on. that era truly was "whatever fan theory you can come up with"...

i think part of the answer is G1995's response (that he thought it could be controlled), but also that it was there. sure, Godzilla existed, and maybe Angirus, King Caesar, but another one? at the bottom of the ocean? just lurking around? and we totally missed it in an era when monsters are like radios? no way. Mafune is nuts.

and now you see how that began.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

^^^Thats sounds about right. Though it would've been more believable if the doctor told everyone that he befriended aliens and they turned his daughter to a cyborg then calling him crazy could had been more justified.

Irys X
Interpol Agent

Post by Irys X »

three wrote:to be honest i'm not sure of the continuity of Showa films, since movies like Gigan, Megalon, etc. just up and fail to factor into movies like ToMG, or MechaGodzilla, and so on. that era truly was "whatever fan theory you can come up with"...

i think part of the answer is G1995's response (that he thought it could be controlled), but also that it was there. sure, Godzilla existed, and maybe Angirus, King Caesar, but another one? at the bottom of the ocean? just lurking around? and we totally missed it in an era when monsters are like radios? no way. Mafune is nuts.

and now you see how that began.
It's still a little hard for me to buy into, but I guess I can see how it could have happened. Mafune did seem a little... eccentric, just in his personality, so his theories could have seemed more like ravings.
ILL GREEN wrote:^^^Thats sounds about right. Though it would've been more believable if the doctor told everyone that he befriended aliens and they turned his daughter to a cyborg then calling him crazy could had been more justified.
Ya know, when you just put it out there, the plot of ToMG sounds crazy. And I love it.

Ookondru99
Monarch Researcher

Post by Ookondru99 »

Judging by feats alone '74 is the clear victor, but common sense would dictate '75 would be stronger
TK's Resident Red Bamboo :destoroyah:

he-ba
Interpol Agent

Post by he-ba »

The plot of ToMG IS crazy, and really fun if you try to think of it as a light movie (until you watch it, as it is VERY, very dark......)

BTW whenever I see Ookondru's name, I think of oogenesis and oothecas! (the making of eggs in one's ovaries through meiosis and mantid egg cases, respectively (wow I like science a lot...))

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

he-ba wrote:The plot of ToMG IS crazy, and really fun if you try to think of it as a light movie (until you watch it, as it is VERY, very dark......)

BTW whenever I see Ookondru's name, I think of oogenesis and oothecas! (the making of eggs in one's ovaries through meiosis and mantid egg cases, respectively (wow I like science a lot...))
When I see Ookondru's name, I think of Oodako, that giant octopus in a few Toho Movies
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

he-ba
Interpol Agent

Post by he-ba »

Imagine the size of a Kamacarus' ootheca!

three
Keizer

Post by three »

I see his name and think of MOGUERA being weak, and a sorry ass excuse of a mecha.

Then I think of the GC, and King Kong for some reason, and then I move on.

Ookondru99
Monarch Researcher

Post by Ookondru99 »

^Well three, you got it right. At least the GC part
*EDIT: Lol You can't get over that MOGUERA thing, can you? :lol:

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Ookondru99 wrote:^Well three, you got it right. At least the GC part
*EDIT: Lol You can't get over that MOGUERA thing, can you? :lol:
i hate that stupid looking monster, and will never acknowledge it as "powerful".

this is going back to the MG2 vs. MOGUERA thread, and even as far back as some of the first things i said upon joining.

damn stupid drillbot.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

three wrote: i hate that stupid looking monster, and will never acknowledge it as "powerful".

this is going back to the MG2 vs. MOGUERA thread, and even as far back as some of the first things i said upon joining.

damn stupid drillbot.
Thank GOD someone shares the same opinions and beliefs as me!
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

he-ba
Interpol Agent

Post by he-ba »

I don't mind MOGUERA. If he had the diamond armor plating like MechaGodzilla, he would be just as strong or stronger.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

MOGUERA is fine but he is pretty much a downgrade from Mechagodzilla. He is weaker in almost ever way compared to Mechag. It would have made more sense to go from MOGUERA to Mechagodzilla in a sort of step up move by G-force. MOGUERA was pretty neat though and had his(its?Her?) moments.

Irys X
Interpol Agent

Post by Irys X »

I don't want to start a debate here, but I actually think MOGUERA was stronger than MG2. Now, I definitely like MG2, better, but with the exception of the diamond plating, MG2 had far less durability and firepower than MOGUERA. MOGUERA just never got a chance to really fight Godzilla (besides a short flyby in which he knocked G down). Instead, MOGs fought Godzilla's far more powerful evil twin, and held his own for quite a while.

Ookondru99
Monarch Researcher

Post by Ookondru99 »

^Yea i'm not going to get into this either, but just know Irys you are not alone