Monster Discussion #12: King Kong

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Gojora
JXSDF Technician

Re: Monster Discussion #12: King Kong

Post by Gojora »

King kong, ten times as big as a MMMAAAANNNNNSSSSSSSSS.
But for real, in my opinion king kong's pretty awesome.
TK's Touhou resident.
Basically the only guy here that likes the Shadow Arena.
RIP Shadow Arena, it was my favorite place...
Resized Image
Kaijunator wrote:
Derzerb wrote:Apocalymon makes this fight one-sided since he can flat out delete enemies or he could just wipe out the entire dimension.
Delete enemies. Lol.
Apocalymon: I want to delete my opponents. *goes to computer* and delete! *presses delete button, all enemies get deleted*.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Toho's biggest acquisition back in the day...

I really don't like Toho's portrayal of the character in both of the films he was used in, though if I had to pick, I prefer him in KKvG because... He fights Godzilla!!!
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

LiquidG
Terminated
Terminated

Post by LiquidG »

I love toho Kong. He's really KINO at the end of the day, but I'm fine with that, he's unique. Not to mention he's easily the most underrated Kaiju next to Mothra. He threw down with Godzilla like know other, and put up one of the best fights in the series. He really deserves more credit.
TK's official member of the "Three L's of the Apocalypse"

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

People let there love of the 1933 original get the better of them and even members of this fandom tend to bash both this version of Kong and the movie he was associated with. Not that I have anything against any of you praising the original Kong, it's just that they let their judgement be clouded.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

I absolutely love this incarnation of King Kong. Honestly it's probably my favorite version. I really want some type of figure of this 1962 version... having some difficulty with that. Possibly more 1962 Kong stuff will be released as we get closer to LPs take on the character.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

This is my favorite version of King Kong. I like his suit (pretty shocking, huh? Also, pun intended) He's portrayed very well in my opinion too. This incarnations rivals the original.
Resized Image