Would you add or take away any monter/monsters in "Destroy a

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
JVM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Would you add or take away any monter/monsters in "Destr

Post by JVM »

If nothing else can be done for Baragon and Varan, give them a couple close-up shots. I'd toss in Ebirah, Maguma, a Kamacuras, a Gargantua, and maybe even push for Kong. Throw in Baragon's fire beam so he can do something if the suit's too crappy for tooth & claw.

Related, but I'd really try to increase King Ghidorah's threat level at the climax so it's less of a curbstomp and more like he's legitimately that powerful.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

djkgoji
GPN Volunteer

Re: Would you add or take away any monter/monsters in "Destr

Post by djkgoji »

How about an adult Mothra? I've always wanted to see more of the imago destroying things.
"Is he strong?" No, not really. He's got radioactive blood, after all.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Re: Would you add or take away any monter/monsters in "Destroy a

Post by soulgodzilla »

If I we're to add any monsters in Destroy All Monsters, I'd say Titanosaurus, Maguma, Ebirah, Kamacuras, Gezora, Ganimes or Kamoebas.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

I would add King Kong, the Gargantuas, Kamacuras, and I would have made King Ghidorah more of a threat.
Resized Image

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

I'll be somewhat realistic and only involve monsters that were around before the movie was made: Adult Mothra, Kamacuras, Ebirah, and the Gargantuas.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Mastergodzilla
GPN Volunteer

Post by Mastergodzilla »

I would give baragon and Varan way more screen time, and would add Ebirah and King Kong.

Added in 30 seconds:
Oh, and the Gargantuas, nad, (if possible) Mothra Imago.
:baragon: :destoroyah: :muto: :bagan: :g2k: :monsterx: :gigan: :mechagodzilla: :spacegodzilla: :g64: :godzilla: :tk:
Check out my YouTube Channel, GodzillaFan2004! Has everything Godzilla, from reviews of fan films to fan films themselves! Please subscribe!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR1qg2 ... 4JEFNvBhCw

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Honestly, I fine with the DAM cast, even if some don't do much doing the Mount Fuji battle (there's an insane amount of wirework going on).
It's the Final Wars cast I would rework, not to mention the movie...

Dannybeane
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dannybeane »

Kept all the monsters. Swapped Mothra larva for adult mothra. Added dogora and moguera to team Ghidrah. Made the fire dragon it's own kaiju instead of a stupid spaceship. Divided the earth monsters into flying and land kaiju teams with Godzilla and Mothra leading each team. Godzilla and the land monsters take on Ghidrah and Moguera. Mothra, Rodan, and Varan take on dogora. Both teams team up against the fire dragon.

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:I'll be somewhat realistic and only involve monsters that were around before the movie was made: Adult Mothra, Kamacuras, Ebirah, and the Gargantuas.
I would have loved to have seen the gargantuas face off against another kaiju. Ferocious beasts they were.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

OneMillionTomsBC
GPN Volunteer

Post by OneMillionTomsBC »

I would add more Goro action and replace every monster with Gorosaurus and rename the film "Destroy All Goros".

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

OneMillionTomsBC wrote:I would add more Goro action and replace every monster with Gorosaurus and rename the film "Destroy All Goros".
What, it's not enough that he got to play himself and Baragon?
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

OneMillionTomsBC wrote:rename the film "Destroy All Goros".
What about Goro! Goro! Goro!

Rodan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Rodan »

Destroy All Monsters is such a dull fucking film, they might as well throw the whole lot in there. The only highlight is already the monster action. More couldn't hurt.

I want a climax with twenty-five Mandas strangling every unsuspecting overpass in sight.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Adding guys like Ebirah, Kamacuras and Maguma really wouldn't add much to the film, as their suits/props would probably have been in poor condition or would have required a lot of work to operate. I wouldn't have been against their inclusion, but they would have probably been reduced to cameos (Plus, how could Ebirah participate in the final battle?). The only monster I can really see adding a lot to the movie (Both in participation and spirit) would be King Kong, but we all know why he wasn't included. Still, I wish the team included a mammal. I'd sacrifice Baragon, Varan, Manda and dare I say it, Gorosaurus for him. I would maybe have liked Imago Mothra in the place of the larvae too, but I'm guessing that was another case of an unusable prop, considering she looked rather rough in Sea Monster.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Dannybeane
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dannybeane »

I'd add Dogora and Moguera so they can be on team Ghidrah. I mean a giant space jellyfish and a robo penguin would've helped even the odds. Much better than the fire dragon/spaceship that was tacked on.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

There were more than enough kaiju in the film. A cameo from a Kamacura would make sense, though.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

Destroy All Monsters was Toho's 20th Kaiju film so it would have been cool if EVERY Kaiju was in that film. The ones omitted are

-King Kong
-Oodako
-Megauron (since he's human sized they could have used a giant one)
-Ebirah
-Giant Condor
-Kamikiras
-Mondo Island Sea Snake
-Frankenstein
-Gaira
-Sanda
-Dogora
-Orochi
-Magma
-Half Human (since he's human sized they could have used a giant version)
-Half Human baby (ditto)

Of course it would have been pretty damned crowded on Monsterland. :lol:

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

King Kong would probably be the best addition. He was the one major kaiju that had been introduced before DAM that wasn't in the movie after all.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

MaxRebo320 wrote:Plus, how could Ebirah participate in the final battle?
I'm fairly certain crustaceans can function outside of water. Especially fictional, mutant, kaiju crustaceans.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I don't really feel like Kong would fit with the movie's aesthetic. Plus, Toho's difficulty in creating a decent looking Kong suit would bring down the overall quality of the movie's effects.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.