Would you add or take away any monter/monsters in "Destroy a

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Re: Would you add or take away any monter/monsters in "Destroy a

Post by Ivo-goji »

^Well, I dunno, Manda, Mothra, and Minilla are all from very different kinds of movies and none of them clash with DAM's aesthetic. In fact Kong to me would fit in better than those three.
Plus Gorosaurus is here.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

It's not the types of movies they're from, it's to some degree the nature of the character and audience expectations about that character, and to some degree just the appearance. Visually Kong would stick out like a sore thumb.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

ZeppandonConfirmed
Monsterland Worker

Post by ZeppandonConfirmed »

I would make new suits for Varan and Baragon and give them more screentime.
Look in my eyes, what do you see?
The Cult of Personality

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I agree with Varan. Show Varan buzzing over a city and causing gusts of wind that blow tiles off roofs and windows to break.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

eabaker wrote:I don't really feel like Kong would fit with the movie's aesthetic.
That's mammalianpobia. If King Kong was reptilian or insectoid you would accept him but because he's a furry mammal you discriminate!

:P

HedorahGrabber
GPN Volunteer

Post by HedorahGrabber »

Shhh! The Octopus wrote:
eabaker wrote:I don't really feel like Kong would fit with the movie's aesthetic.
That's mammalianpobia. If King Kong was reptilian or insectoid you would accept him but because he's a furry mammal you discriminate!

:P
Heresy! You are going against our belief of hairy ape nipples to be our great path to salvation.
Sir, you're interfering with my deep lore discussion.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I would've included Kamacuras (he was in G vs Gigan, so I guess that counts), had Mothra as a moth, given Manda, Varan and Baragon major screen time (i.e., Baragon would've destroyed Paris as it said in the script, all three of them would've taken part in the final battle, the Godzilla vs. Manda deleted scene would've been kept in the film) , would've had Godzilla destroy Washington, D.C. instead of New York, New York and also would've included the four other monsters that were considered for the film at one time or another-King Kong, Ebirah, Maguma and Sanda.
Last edited by mikelcho on Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaeyas »

I think Gigan for sure...though it wouldn't work because he hadn't been created by Toho yet. If the movie was remade though, Gigan, Titanosaurus (but he now fights WITH the earth monsters) and Mecha 74' to assist King Ghidorah and Gigan. Also agree that Baragon and Varan should actually get to fight. Megalon might be added as well with having him join Ghidorah's team and maybe have a showdown where Megalon faces off against Kamacarus and the other insectoid kaijus. Probably have him kill Kamacarus but be beaten by the combined efforts of Kumonga and Mothra by their webbing and the finished off by either Baragon or Varan.
Dedicated To Darkness..

szmigiel
G-Force Personnel

Post by szmigiel »

Not that "Terror of Mechagodzilla" didn't have it's moments, but I would of rather have seen Jun Fukuda do a version of Destroy All Monsters for the Champion Festival films.

After the defeat of Mechagodzilla the aliens from the 3rd Planet of the Black Hole team up with Space Hunter Nebula M, and the Seatopians to strikeback at Earth and Godziila. They would send Mechagodzilla, Gigan and Megalon (Possibly King Ghidorah and Hedorah depending on the conditions of the suits) to fight Godzilla and his allies Anguirus, King Caesar, and Jet Jaguar. At the same time bring back as many of the previous actors to reprise their roles teaming up to stop the aliens plan.

The movie would follow Jun Fukuda usual three act structure; Act I The introduction of the aliens fiendish plot, Act II Gathering of the monsters, Act III battle royal.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Someone should take the scene of King Kong on the beach in KKE right before he goes after the giant sea snake, and splice it with the final scene in Destroy All Monsters where the helicopter is flying over and looking at all the monsters
It would fit so perfectly it'd be insane
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

First I would have canceled Godzilla's revenge and focused all the money of both films for this one.

Second the fire Dragon would be replaced with Dogora. Gabra would have been Ghidorah lackey.

Third I would have added Kong to DAM. Kong would have helped fight Ghidorah and all the monster would have worked together. Gabara would be the one killed quickly. Ghidorah would have shown his might and really needed all 10 monsters coming together to defeat.

Minya's smoke ring would have been used on Gabara, not Ghidorah.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Crazy Jim Films
Monarch Researcher

Re: Would you add or take away any monter/monsters in "Destr

Post by Crazy Jim Films »

Godz wrote:I would add monsters on the enemy side to make the battle actually entertaining....sorry but a gang rape of King Ghidorah doesn't do it for me. Too bad the other great Godzilla foes (Gigan, MG, Hedorah, Megalon to a lesser extent) of the Showa series hadn't been created yet...but if possible I would've added Gigan and Megalon to aid Ghidorah.
(
Yeah, I never quite the logic of the threat on that one. I find the final battle quite entertaining myself but from a storytelling standpoint, I never quite understood how Ghidrah was to be seen as capable of beating close to a dozen monsters on its own. Given what they were working with at the time, it's still fun but I would have killed for at least one teamup of Ghidrah and MechaGodzilla during the Showa era.
Check out the PG version of my short film, "Destroy All Sisters".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNVCmLaqznA&t=1s

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

mikelcho wrote:I would've included Kamacuras (he was in G vs Gigan, so I guess that counts).
Kamacuras was in Destroy All Monsters, but Kumonga killed it right as they arrived at Mt. Fuji at the end.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Heh-heh-heh, good one. You got me there.

Magmavision2000
Ronin

Post by Magmavision2000 »

i would add the gargantuans, Frankenstein and ebirah give varan and baragon more screentime and replace kumonga/spiga with maguma
i would also add mogara to the roster as a sidekick for king ghidora
Last edited by Magmavision2000 on Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poisoned_Dragon
Young Farmer

Post by Poisoned_Dragon »

I was never too hep on Gorosaurus being in DAM... altho what probably drew my negative attention was his being falsely identified as Baragon. Subsequently, I'd have much rather had Baragon in the film in his place, and not just as a cameo shot at the end. He is, after all, the burrowing kaiju, something of which therapod dinosaurs like Goro wouldn't be capable.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

I'd probably only drop Baragon and then just reshuffle the kaijus roles in the film such as
-having Varan and Anguirus guarding the aliens base
-Have Gorosaurus chase the troops through the woods
-Drop Mothra from the Tokyo attack and replace it with Kumonga

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Godzillian wrote:I'd probably only drop Baragon and then just reshuffle the kaijus roles in the film such as
-having Varan and Anguirus guarding the aliens base
-Have Gorosaurus chase the troops through the woods
-Drop Mothra from the Tokyo attack and replace it with Kumonga
I actually really like all of these ideas.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

I'd add the monsters that came after it. So Gabara, Hedorah, Gigan, Megalon, Mechagodzilla, and Titanosaurus. The idea was having all the kaiju in ond film, after all. If there's a problem, make the movie longer to add substance.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

I would have cloned Haruo Nakajima and found a way to work Sanda and Gaira into the film, lol.

Other than that, no need to add or subtract anyone else.

I would have definitely expanded Baragon and Varan's roles to give them at least one moment to shine. I mean Manda at least had the wrap around the tracks moment.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.