Do I sound crazy or does anyone else agree?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: Do I sound crazy or does anyone else agree?

Post by Terasawa »

Carthormerr wrote:
JimmyD1318 wrote:Back in the day before they had cable, one of my local TV channels would sometimes play Godzilla movies on Friday night. I would stay up all night watching those movies. I remember that the first time I saw Godzilla:King Of The Monsters was when it was coming on really early in the morning. I set my alarm and got up to be able to watch that movie. Ahhh...memories.
Was that TNT's Monstervision?
He mentioned a local TV station, so no.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Killswitch
G-Force Personnel

Re: Do I sound crazy or does anyone else agree?

Post by Killswitch »

kpa wrote:Back in the long-ago-days before home video, you had to wait for tokusatsu movies to air on TV. They would often play in the post-midnight timeslots so I saw a lot of Toho and Daiei movies at 2-3am. And there was something extra fun about watching them in those dark, pre-dawn hours.
In the Cleveland area, we had wonderful programming. Channel 43 would show Toho & Daiei films nearly every Saturday afternoon-evening during the 70's/80's. But, there were a handful of films that would only be shown on Channel 8, and you had to stay up late to watch Godzilla vs King Kong, Godzilla vs the smog monster, King Kong Escapes.

It did seem extra special watching those films so late at night.