Talkback: Half Human (1955) aka Jūjin Yuki Otoko

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Half Human (1957)

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

The Dark Uniter wrote:I think the film rights for at least Prophecies of Nostradamus are up for sale for international distribution if I'm not mistaken so any company could release it if they wanted to.
:shock:
WHAT IS MEDIA BLASTERS' EMAIL ADDRESS?
I'm only half joking... This could be great...
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

The Dark Uniter wrote:I think the film rights for at least Prophecies of Nostradamus are up for sale for international distribution if I'm not mistaken so any company could release it if they wanted to.
You're right. August recently posted this photo elsewhere. It's from the Toho's English sales catalogue for 2010.

UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

...WE WE WE SO EXCITED :lol:
Honestly though, the mere idea of this movie getting a release in America has got me pumped as hell. Is Half Human in there too?
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

^Half-Human is banned worldwide, so I doubt it.

The Dark Uniter
G-Grasper

Post by The Dark Uniter »

Its so awesome to be right. :P At one time, Classic Media did own the rights to Prophecies as well as Frankenstein vs Baragon. Naturally their rights expired from those films and Media Blasters managed to get Frankenstein vs Baragon. Probably if there's enough requests for at least Prophecies, we can email or Facebook the hell out of Media Blasters or other companies to release the film.

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

^Or we could perpetuate a completely false rumor that NOSTRADAMUS is getting a release...

The Dark Uniter
G-Grasper

Tamura wrote:^Or we could perpetuate a completely false rumor that NOSTRADAMUS is getting a release...
I guess that's another way to convince them to get it. It worked for Megalon so it may work for Prophecies. :P

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

I realize we're getting off topic, but if all 4 of us right to Media Blasters regarding NOSTRADAMUS, the Dracula films, and RETURN OF GODZILLA, it may peak their interest. There is also ESPY as well. It's worth a shot.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

The Dark Uniter
G-Grasper

Yeah, I'll write something on Facebook regarding those films.

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

Instead of licensing two Toho tokusatsu films, why not just clear them out? Let's get everything else they have! lol

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Tamura wrote:Instead of licensing two Toho tokusatsu films, why not just clear them out? Let's get everything else they have! lol
Gorath! Secret of the Telegian! It's a free-for-all!
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

The Dark Uniter
G-Grasper

Tamura wrote:Instead of licensing two Toho tokusatsu films, why not just clear them out? Let's get everything else they have! lol
I don't think we even have the money to license films. :P

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

^I meant Media Blasters...

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Anyway, I just got done watching Half Human in Japanese, subbed. I have to say, it's actually better than many of the Godzilla movies. There are elements swiped from King Kong, but it's great.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

The Dark Uniter
G-Grasper

omgitsgodzilla wrote:Anyway, I just got done watching Half Human in Japanese, subbed. I have to say, it's actually better than many of the Godzilla movies. There are elements swiped from King Kong, but it's great.
Do you mind sharing the subtitles with me via PM? I have the same Japanese cut, but it didn't come with any subs.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

The Dark Uniter wrote:
omgitsgodzilla wrote:Anyway, I just got done watching Half Human in Japanese, subbed. I have to say, it's actually better than many of the Godzilla movies. There are elements swiped from King Kong, but it's great.
Do you mind sharing the subtitles with me via PM? I have the same Japanese cut, but it didn't come with any subs.
Sure.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

kpa
G-Grasper

Post by kpa »

That Toho sales brochure was printed in 2004, back when Classic Media still owned the rights to LAST DAYS OF PLANET EARTH. I was given a copy of the sales brochure in 2007. At that time I asked if the listing meant Toho had changed their policy regarding that film and were now offering LAST DAYS/NOSTRADAMUS/CATASTROPHE 1999 for international sales. Toho said "no".

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

If CM did in fact hold on to NOSTRADAMUS and wanted to put it out, what exactly would they have used? As far as I know, Toho hasn't transferred it since the 1980's. Could Toho have made a telecine just in case a US distributor wanted to release it?

The Dark Uniter
G-Grasper

^ I really hope that's the case. The film itself is extremely good and powerful and deserves the all-star treatment.

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

The international version is missing about 25 minutes, but it's still very good. Eons better than the Sun Classic Pictures-esque US version.