Monster Discussion #10: Maguma

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Maguma

Post by Godzillian »

Maguma is a kaiju that seems to have been forgotten by everyone. He is pretty cool I mean nothing really special about him but for some reason I just really dig him. What do you guys think about him?

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Re: Maguma

Post by Space Hunter M »

Maguma > Dangerous star on collision course with Earth and all-star cast of Toho actors.

If Maguma wasn't killed so hastily, I'm sure he would've used his powerful psychic powers to help prevent destruction of the Moon and divert from Gorath sooner. Totally.

Dust_pan
Futurian

Post by Dust_pan »

If Maguma wasn't killed so hastily, I'm sure he would've used his powerful psychic powers to help prevent destruction of the Moon and divert from Gorath sooner. Totally.
And then Maguma vs Godzilla would have been made! The film would have ended with Maguma easily overpowering Godzilla and killing him in only 5 seconds. Then Maguma would replace the Godzilla series with his own highly successful long-running movie series and go down in history as the greatest movie monster ever!
Q: Will we see that monster that Bryan was going to reveal this morning at the press conference?
Cranston: Oh yeah! The only Godzilla movie with an X-rating.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

I still can't beleave that he was a canidate for Destroy all Monsters. It would be pretty cool if we get to see at least a cameo from him in a future Toho kaiju flick.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

LiquidG
Terminated
Terminated

Post by LiquidG »

Never seen Gorath but I have seen a few clips of Maguma, he's honestly a very cool Kaiju considering he's only a giant walrus :)
TK's official member of the "Three L's of the Apocalypse"

ruel
Samurai

Post by ruel »

I'd like to see Maguma vs. the giant walrus from Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger. In fact, I'd like for X-Plus to continue its Harryhausen series and make a walrus figure (to fight my Maguma figure).

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Word!!!
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

I'm still looking for Marmit Maguma (the one reviewed on this site), so if anyone knows where I can find one, hit me up ;)

Anyways, I have a pretty deep love for this kaiju. Seeing the appreciation for this guy at the past G-Fest's was pretty cool too TBH.
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Maguma doesn't have much screen presence, but I like the giant walrus. If the alien from Space Amoeba had come down in the pole, then Maguma would be an excellent form for the alien to take. Or at least have the walrus fight a giant seal, fox, or what not.

I doubt Maguma will appear in any future films, even as a cameo, but I'd like to be proven wrong.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

edgaguirus wrote:Maguma doesn't have much screen presence, but I like the giant walrus. If the alien from Space Amoeba had come down in the pole, then Maguma would be an excellent form for the alien to take. Or at least have the walrus fight a giant seal, fox, or what not.

I doubt Maguma will appear in any future films, even as a cameo, but I'd like to be proven wrong.
eh, since he is obscure, id say he has an OK chance at a cameo. anywho, im hopin someone makes a KWC match with magums......dammit now i have to!
Resized Image

H-Man
G-Grasper

Re: Monster Discussion #10: Maguma

Post by H-Man »

Unfortunately, I've only seen the American dub, so all I got was the random scene of the characters seeing something, firing at it, and then acting as if nothing had happened.

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

Daw!

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

That's the face of "SURPRISE, I USED YOUR BED AS A LITTER BOX!"
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Gojora
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojora »

Ah yes, maguma.
The only walrus kaiju that's forgotten by everyone in mankind and of course a cadidate for the early DAM.
Now if only he appeared more often....
TK's Touhou resident.
Basically the only guy here that likes the Shadow Arena.
RIP Shadow Arena, it was my favorite place...
Resized Image
Kaijunator wrote:
Derzerb wrote:Apocalymon makes this fight one-sided since he can flat out delete enemies or he could just wipe out the entire dimension.
Delete enemies. Lol.
Apocalymon: I want to delete my opponents. *goes to computer* and delete! *presses delete button, all enemies get deleted*.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

We haven't forgotten Maguma. It's just hard to get roles when you have better known and stronger kaiju like Godzilla, Mothra, and KG.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

edgaguirus wrote:We haven't forgotten Maguma. It's just hard to get roles when you have better known and stronger kaiju like Godzilla, Mothra, and KG.
Maguma auditioned to be Godzilla's son in 1967, but after a horrible car crash, he couldn't make it.

True fact, Maguma's suit was going to be used a few more times in the Ultra Series. Early scripts call for a giant walrus, and they had Maguma/Tadola in storage at the time.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

If only he'd gaurd the Killak base alongside Ebirah like in the early draft.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Gojora wrote:Ah yes, maguma.
The only walrus kaiju that's forgotten by everyone in mankind and of course a cadidate for the early DAM.
Would have been interesting to see how DAM would turn out with this guy and Maguma. Also would have been cool had Toho had enough money to buy the rights to Kong again. Seeing so many of these different monsters team up to fight Ghidorah would have been awesome.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Living Corpse wrote:
Gojora wrote:Ah yes, maguma.
Would have been interesting to see how DAM would turn out with this guy and Maguma. Also would have been cool had Toho had enough money to buy the rights to Kong again. Seeing so many of these different monsters team up to fight Ghidorah would have been awesome.
"Fight" is a strong word for Maguma. He probably would have just watched
Resized Image

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Maybe he could fit into to Rulers of Earth somehow. As for DAM he and Baragon were originally going to fight the military in the original script but he probably would've just stood around and watched the final battle like you said^^^