Lost Project: Godzilla vs. the Gargantuas

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released before 1980.
edgaguirus
Keizer

Re: Lost Project: Godzilla vs. the Gargantuas

Post by edgaguirus »

It's about time this match happened. It's not a movie, but a comic is better than nothing.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Maybe a combined Sanda and Gaira called Gargantua with two heads fights Godzilla.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Weird, but interesting idea. Godzilla has never had an enemy that had two INTENDED heads.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

Jory
Monarch Researcher

Post by Jory »

Sounds interesting. Sanda the good monster, Gaira the bad monster, and Godzilla the neutral monster caught in between? They'd have to be careful to avoid repeating same the Mothra/Battra/Godzilla dynamic from Godzilla vs. Mothra.

Tokage
Monarch Researcher

Post by Tokage »

A relevant Godzilla vs Gargantuas illustration from the 1994 Godzilla Pocket Encyclopedia (although the artwork is probably older than that) --

http://i.imgur.com/7WKvqRa.jpg

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Tokage wrote:A relevant Godzilla vs Gargantuas illustration from the 1994 Godzilla Pocket Encyclopedia (although the artwork is probably older than that) --

'God damn that giant lower lip Godzilla has

Tokage
Monarch Researcher

Post by Tokage »

Godzillian wrote:
Tokage wrote:A relevant Godzilla vs Gargantuas illustration from the 1994 Godzilla Pocket Encyclopedia (although the artwork is probably older than that) --

'God damn that giant lower lip Godzilla has
Haha - yeah, it looks like Sanda must have punched Godzilla in the mouth or something. I don't know what's up with that fat lip.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

I almost wonder if it'd be kinda cool to have the Gargantuas sized at like three-quarters Godzilla's size. With them jumping around on him and being quick, crafty little buggers that'd make its own, unique kind of threat to a similarly sized Gargantua (or two), which would visually be more like King Kong vs Godzilla.

Doing a movie like this in a more serious tone is still the way I'd want to see this done. It's more like the Frankenstein-Gargantua story arc and I think keeping the eerie yet tragic dynamic to the Gargantuas is key to making it as effective as possible. In that sense, I best see it as Godzilla being the villain and the Gargantuas as not protectors of humans, but the side that humans are more apt to root for in the battle, or neither side.

All of that aside I'd be more interested in a Gargantuas movie without Godzilla. But the Frankenstein origin wouldn't really work today so I don't know how one would set up the Gargantuas existence.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Sir Butterbeans
G-Force Personnel

Post by Sir Butterbeans »

I would have loved a Godzilla vs Gargantuas movie. If Toho makes more movies they should make this.
My Favorite Album...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVV_3Z1mp_c&app=desktop

Josh Homme wrote:Fear is the hand that pulls your strings
a useless toy, pitiful plaything
TK's Resident Gorillaz and QOTSA Fan!

Mr. X
Keizer

Re: Godzilla vs the Gargantuas: Would you have been up for i

Post by Mr. X »

Mr. X The Magnificent wrote:I want this in any shape, way, or form I can get it. IDW has the rights to Godzilla and both Gargantuas, so it is entierly possible that we can get the fight in comic form.
:D

Just here to say that project is sorta-kinda seeing the light of day; Godzilla will fight the Gargantuas (officially) for the first time.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Mr. X wrote:
Mr. X The Magnificent wrote:I want this in any shape, way, or form I can get it. IDW has the rights to Godzilla and both Gargantuas, so it is entierly possible that we can get the fight in comic form.
:D

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos ... 3067_n.jpg

Just here to say that project is sorta-kinda seeing the light of day; Godzilla will fight the Gargantuas (officially) for the first time.
That house at the bottom of the pic looks like the one that got trashed by Barugon in FRANKENSTEIN CONQUERS THE WORLD ! .
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Mr. X wrote:
Wonderful, just wondeful. Will it be a three way fight or will it be two on one?
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

The One and Only
Futurian

Two Frankenstein Brothers on one Godzilla in the end I'm guessing. When it comes to this unmade flick, I could picture having Godzilla encounter Garia first, and after that fight. He encounters Sanda, and after his experience with the junior Gargantua. Any Gargantua is fair game. The battle doesn't go so well for Sanda. And like when the elder Gargantua came to Gaira's rescue when he was at the mercy of the Japanese Military. The Green Gargantua ends up doing likewise for Sanda seeing him getting beat by Godzilla. Resulting in the two teaming up against Godzilla.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

It sounds like a logical plotline.

The One and Only
Futurian

edgaguirus wrote:Unless they gave Gaira some new ability, like they did Kong.
When I thought about what doing a Godzilla Vs. Gargantua fan-fic(among the pile of fan-fic idears I've had). I thought the Brothers Frankenstein would need a little something extra in order to make them a little more of a match for the Monster King, either one-on-one, or two to one. One of favorite comic characters was Dale Keown's visious alien/human hybrid warrior, PITT. Along with being hellastrong, durable, having the ability to track anyone, anything by psychically linking himself to his target, on of his nastiest weapons, abilities. Was his retractable claws.
I thought with Sanda and Gaira's rather hairy appearance, that both possessing mammalian appearances, and thinking of some of the violent fights I seen and heard from my barn cats. These retractable claws would be a reasonable upgrade for the two, and not having to go through the complaints of the "Beam Wars" many complained about with the Heisei Era.
Last edited by The One and Only on Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1992
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaFan1992 »

I wish this movie came to be. This is how I would have done it.

Takes place after the end of War of the Gargantuas and it turns out Sanda and Gaira survived the volcano incident, but have been seperated. With his brother out of the way, he goes out on continuing to eat people, while Sanda tries to search for him to resume their fight. Sanda encounters Godzilla, they fight, but then depart. Godzilla then runs into Gaira, they fight, then same happens when Godzilla fought Sanda. Soon Sanda finds Gaira and begin to fight. Godzilla comes and realizes he and Sanda are on the same side and both team up to stop Gaira. In the end, while both Godzilla and Sanda fight Gaira. The two Gargantuas end up killing each other, leaving Godzilla to moun over his new ally he made, but knowing there is nothing he can do heads back into the ocean.

Of course, if Godzilla and Sanda were to team up. The movie would have to be made in the 70's, when Godzilla has offically became like a Comic Book Superhero.

Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegazilla »

I liked War of the Gargantuas and liked the title monsters, but I am glad this film didn't make it. It would just be too similar to King Kong Vs. Godzilla and just feel bland. Now they could radically alter the gargantuas to make them more of a matchup to Godzilla, but that would be impossible without something quirky like King Kong's electricity fetish.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

I think this would have been great, especially with the popularity of WOTG in the US. Definitely should have stuck to the more serious tones of the Frankenstein films, which would have made for a stronger film. I'm a fan of both Gargantuas teaming up against Godzilla - a two-on-one dynamic is one of many ways this could have been different from KKvsG.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Well, at least we got to see them in the comics (Rulers of Earth against Godzilla) in some fights. That is something, hehe...
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

Israha
Monarch Researcher

Post by Israha »

Shame this movie was never created. It would have one of the most intriguing "kaiju personality" dynamics in the whole series. Gaira was established as the evil man-eating monster, Godzilla was already a heroic character in that time, so logical thing would be him going after Gaira...and then there's Sanda, basically a good guy, but with a strong relationship towards his evil "brother", which would make him target Godzilla (whose target would be Gaira), thus making him a very ambivalent character, which would make a great subplot. Lots of unused potential in this lost project...