Kong (Legendary) vs Legion

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
SoggyNoodles2016

Kong (Legendary) vs Legion

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I was thinking about some of the parellels between Kong as seen in KSI and Heisei Gamera (lone survivor of an ancient line of guardians fighting ravenous hordes of semi-reptiles) and then thought what would happen if the main ape took on one of Gamera's deadliest foes (and I skipped Legion because Kong would probably knock him out while he was floating)

Kong

Legion

Arena: New York City

Rules: Kong is the 2021 incarnation w/ the Royal Ax, and is facing Legion to scale. The swarm is out of play and the Ax's head has been charged with a full charge of Atomic Breath. However, this will fade as it did in Hong Kong, either from another "shockwave" attack or naturally over time. It CAN be charged by Legion's Microwave Beam (as microwaves are a from of radiation) but this will result in the weaker ax Kong started the HK fight with.

Verdict: If Kong plays this right and goes for the face legs to disable the shield and aims for the HEAD instead of the horn, he has this but I currently can't tell if he can play this with the way Legion plays. Abstained.

RIP Evan.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: Kong (Legendary) vs Legion

Post by JAGzilla »

Unless he makes the mistake of cutting off Legion's horn (which is quite possible), Kong has this under control. Legion's aim with her beam is pretty bad, and Kong has the agility and cover to dodge it easily. Once he gets in close, and he will, she's basically just a big, sluggish target for Kong's axe. With her low durability (shoulder-mounted rocket launchers caused visible damage), she's going to be hacked apart very quickly.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Well, goodbye Legion. Maybe if you could actually hit the broad side of a barn... but given how proficient Kong is at dodging actually ACCURATE beams, Legion isn't going to have a prayer of landing a blast before Kong hacks her into pieces
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

JAGzilla wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:05 pm Unless he makes the mistake of cutting off Legion's horn (which is quite possible), Kong has this under control. Legion's aim with her beam is pretty bad, and Kong has the agility and cover to dodge it easily. Once he gets in close, and he will, she's basically just a big, sluggish target for Kong's axe. With her low durability (shoulder-mounted rocket launchers caused visible damage), she's going to be hacked apart very quickly.
Kong's definetly intelligent enough to figure out that when any part of an enemy's body starts glowing a certain color, that usually means something bad is going to happen. I can see him trying to get around Legion the moment he sees her eyes/stump turn red to preemptively evade. Besides, it's not like Legion can turn fast enough to track Kong.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

Despite the rigging in Kong's favor I am going to side with Legion because she is made of silicone and lacks regular anatomy. Kong will have the edge in a pure melee fight but I believe Legion's durability will end up carrying the fight. It won't be one sided because of the favorable conditions given to Kong but considering nothing short of Gamera's Super Saiyan attack worked I don't think Kong's axe is going to be fatal either.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

I’m going to have to side with legion. Sure her aim is shit with her beam, but that’s no the only thing she has going for her. Remember, she has really sharp limbs capable of tearing into and slamming Gamera out of the sky. Kong might have the advantage in speed and weaponry, but I don’t think he’s going to like being stabbed in the chest or the arm. Add in Legions burrowing, and she can pretty much ambush him from below like she did to Gamera. She doesn’t need her beam to win this fight. She just needs to match the monkey’s axe.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

Legion is probably the single most overrated kaiju in existence. Literally the only thing she has going for her is her EM Blast, which is legitimately terrifyingly powerful... except it's virtually irrelevant because she's incapable of landing a hit with it even on an opponent that's literally standing still directly in front of her. Likewise, he Laser Whips are massively overhyped and are actually incredibly ineffective: Shortly after Gamera rips her horns off and she starts using the whips, the time is shown onscreen as 00:34, aka 12:34 AM. Immediately after Gamera uses the Mana Beam, dawn breaks. So going by that, Legion was hitting Gamera with the whips for several hours, with very little actual damage to show for it.

Her melee ability is similarly overrated. Yeah, she wounded Gamera. But wounding Gamera isn't exactly a difficult feat.

Durability? She's actually hit by a whopping four attacks throughout the course of the movie: A pair of anti-air missiles, several tank shells, some shoulder-launched missiles, and Gamera's Mana Beam. That's it. There was also a bombing run from some aircraft, but literally every single one of the bombs missed her so that doesn't really count. The AA missiles blew off her wings, but she might not have been full grown at that point so we can give her the benefit of the doubt there and not count that against her. The tank shells did nothing to her. The shoulder-launched missiles blew off several of her shield legs. The Mana Beam vaporized her. So the only attack she actually withstood without damage was tank shells. Congratulations, that's like the baseline that any mediocre kaiju can pass. The absolute best you could argue for her durability is that it's average by kaiju standards. Anything greater than that would be based on nothing.

Needless to say, Kong wins this easily. She'd probably die from a single hit from the charged axe.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Inferno Rodan wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:41 pm Legion is probably the single most overrated kaiju in existence. Literally the only thing she has going for her is her EM Blast, which is legitimately terrifyingly powerful... except it's virtually irrelevant because she's incapable of landing a hit with it even on an opponent that's literally standing still directly in front of her. Likewise, he Laser Whips are massively overhyped and are actually incredibly ineffective: Shortly after Gamera rips her horns off and she starts using the whips, the time is shown onscreen as 00:34, aka 12:34 AM. Immediately after Gamera uses the Mana Beam, dawn breaks. So going by that, Legion was hitting Gamera with the whips for several hours, with very little actual damage to show for it.

Her melee ability is similarly overrated. Yeah, she wounded Gamera. But wounding Gamera isn't exactly a difficult feat.

Durability? She's actually hit by a whopping four attacks throughout the course of the movie: A pair of anti-air missiles, several tank shells, some shoulder-launched missiles, and Gamera's Mana Beam. That's it. There was also a bombing run from some aircraft, but literally every single one of the bombs missed her so that doesn't really count. The AA missiles blew off her wings, but she might not have been full grown at that point so we can give her the benefit of the doubt there and not count that against her. The tank shells did nothing to her. The shoulder-launched missiles blew off several of her shield legs. The Mana Beam vaporized her. So the only attack she actually withstood without damage was tank shells. Congratulations, that's like the baseline that any mediocre kaiju can pass. The absolute best you could argue for her durability is that it's average by kaiju standards. Anything greater than that would be based on nothing.

Needless to say, Kong wins this easily. She'd probably die from a single hit from the charged axe.
May I first introduce you to Showa Hedorah the literally "regen form everything" and "die if you touch him" Kaiju according to FMs? Or apparently super dinosaur Gwangi?

As for my thoughts, Legion has an edge in long range, but given MV Kong is incredible agile and was able to avoid a more precise and quicker long range beam in MV Godzilla I don't see Legion's more wildly inaccurate beams landing any notable hits. Even then, Gamera (Whose durability is...suspect) was able to take a few shots and remain good to fight. Once MV Kong closes the distance Legion sadly seems a touch on the physically slow side to stop Kong from hacking at her with his axe especially given it is all charged.

I give this to the Alpha Titan.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Gee, Hedorah Showa melted people in a matter of seconds, down to the bone. A construction worker literally was a skeleton before he hit the ground. So yes, you die if you touch Hedorah Showa.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

LamangoKaijura wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:51 am Gee, Hedorah Showa melted people in a matter of seconds, down to the bone. A construction worker literally was a skeleton before he hit the ground. So yes, you die if you touch Hedorah Showa.
If we were making a match called "regular man vs. Hedorah (Showa)" I'd agree with you, but the point is more people correlate that to his ability to do it to other Kaiju. When at times Godzilla literally has his fist all inside Hedorah and had no ill effects so the "death touch skin" isn't even a constant presence.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

godjacob wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:54 am
LamangoKaijura wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:51 am Gee, Hedorah Showa melted people in a matter of seconds, down to the bone. A construction worker literally was a skeleton before he hit the ground. So yes, you die if you touch Hedorah Showa.
When at times Godzilla literally has his fist all inside Hedorah and had no ill effects so the "death touch skin" isn't even a constant presence.
Oh you mean when his hand was burned, the skin removed, the muscles gone and was literally bone? Yeah, no ill effects at all.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

LamangoKaijura wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:57 am
When at times Godzilla literally has his fist all inside Hedorah and had no ill effects so the "death touch skin" isn't even a constant presence.
Oh you mean when his hand was burned, the skin removed, the muscles gone and was literally bone? Yeah, no ill effects at all.
That had not happened each time he punched him, there are times he strikes Hedorah and there is no damage. And other times the acid touch clearly burn/hurts Godzilla. It does not make one incapable of ever touching Hedorah at all is my point which is shown in the film itself.

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

If Legion was able to pierce Gamera's shell Kong is at a serious threat of being maimed. Especially if it Legion happens to hit a vital artery or organ.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

godjacob wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:58 am
That had not happened each time he punched him, there are times he strikes Hedorah and there is no damage. And other times the acid touch clearly burn/hurts Godzilla. It does not make one incapable of ever touching Hedorah at all is my point which is shown in the film itself.
Godzilla has something most other kaiju don't have. Regeneration skills that'd make Hulk, Wolverine and Deadpool blush. :roll: Yet when he punched him and got his flesh melted from his hand, it took a year or it to fully recover.
Zasraniec wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:22 pm If Legion was able to pierce Gamera's shell Kong is at a serious threat of being maimed. Especially if it Legion happens to hit a vital artery or organ.
Kong also moves faster then Gamera.
Last edited by LamangoKaijura on Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

LamangoKaijura wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:22 pm
godjacob wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:58 am
Godzilla has something most other kaiju don't have. Regeneration skills that'd make Hulk, Wolverine and Deadpool blush. :roll: Yet when he punched him and got his flesh melted from his hand, it took a year or it to fully recover.
Zasraniec wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:22 pm If Legion was able to pierce Gamera's shell Kong is at a serious threat of being maimed. Especially if it Legion happens to hit a vital artery or organ.
Kong also moves faster then Gamera.
Yeah Showa Godzilla's regen is nothing to write home about compared to other incarnations. Its the same Kaiju that was knocked out cold for 2 years from falling off a cliff.

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

godjacob wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:50 am May I first introduce you to Showa Hedorah the literally "regen form everything" and "die if you touch him" Kaiju according to FMs? Or apparently super dinosaur Gwangi?
Oh for sure, there's lots of kaiju that get overhyped a lot (Gwangi isn't one of them though :P). But at least most of the time there's some grain of truth that's getting overblown or misunderstood: Hedorah could theoretically completely regenerate from a small piece, and the insides of his body are incredibly corrosive. But the former would require the right environmental conditions and such a prohibitively long time that it's irrelevant for the purposes of FMs, and the latter requires his "skin" to actually be penetrated (aka he must be damaged) by a physical blow in order for it to come into play, not simple physical contact with his outer surface.

But with Legion? Virtually nothing about her that most people say makes her powerful is actually based on anything at all. It's really bizarre.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Yeah Showa Godzilla's regen is nothing to write home about compared to other incarnations. Its the same Kaiju that was knocked out cold for 2 years from falling off a cliff.
A fall from a cliff that caused a massive landslide and Earthquake. Please watch the movies before attending the fantasy matches.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

LamangoKaijura wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:46 pm
A fall from a cliff that caused a massive landslide and Earthquake. Please watch the movies before attending the fantasy matches.
I did watch the movies. Showa Kong (Who also fell in the exact same place Godzilla did) managed to survive the impact of the drop no worse for ware and even swam to safety. And given Showa Kong earlier knocked himself out against a single rock, it isn't because he is more tanky than Godzilla is.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

godjacob wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:52 pm
I did watch the movies. Showa Kong (Who also fell in the exact same place Godzilla did) managed to survive the impact of the drop no worse for ware and even swam to safety. And given Showa Kong earlier knocked himself out against a single rock, it isn't because he is more tanky than Godzilla is.
And this begs the question. How do you know Godzilla was knocked out? He could have swum away. Like he did the exact same thing in 1955, swimming away from battling Anguirus I under the ocean and swam to Osaka. :roll:
Also, regeneration has NOTHING to do with consciousness. If he was theoretically knocked out, Regen wouldn't help that. You can knock out Hulk, Wolverine, Spider-Man and Deadpool.
Last edited by LamangoKaijura on Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

LamangoKaijura wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:54 pm
godjacob wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:52 pm
And this begs the question. How do you know Godzilla was knocked out? He could have swum away. Like he did the exact same thing in 1955, swimming away from battling Anguirus I under the ocean and swam to Osaka. :roll:
Also, regeneration has NOTHING to do with consciousness. If he was theoretically knocked out, Regen wouldn't help that. You can knock out Hulk, Wolverine, Spider-Man and Deadpool.
Given nobody had seen Godzilla in 2 years in the Showa timeline and he emerged from buried on the ground, it is heavily implied he was out during that entire time. And my point was more about how Showa Godzilla handles damage compared to other Godzilla more than anything in relation to your "healing factor" point for him to hype Hedorah's acid touch.

But I think we should stop. This is mean to be Legion vs. Kong not a Hedorah discussion lol