Showa’s Quad vs Mechagodzilla (MV)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Voyager
Keizer

Showa’s Quad vs Mechagodzilla (MV)

Post by Voyager »

My old champion team has returned to face the new kid on the block. Do they have what it takes?

Godzilla (Showa) + King Ghidorah (Showa) + Mechagodzilla II + Hedorah (Showa) vs Mechagodzilla (MV)

Rules: Win by Death or Incap.
Hedorah can transform at will.
Standard Scaling applies.

Arena: Hong Kong (GvK)

Verdict: Mechagodzilla has eliminated both Godzilla and Kong, continuing to rampage. This draws the attention of Godzilla, who’s come to try and save the citizens of the world, Hedorah, who was feeding on some nice Chinese pollution, Mechagodzilla II, who was seeking to eliminate Godzilla, and King Ghidorah who wanted revenge on Godzilla for all his defeats. Realising the new MG is a greater threat none can defeat on their own, they put aside their differences and decide to fight for the fate of the world. Can they succeed?

This will be a very hard match for both sides, but especially the Showa coalition. I’m betting on atleast 2 members dying in the best case scenario and worse case, they lose. I can really only see them winning if Ghidorah and MG2 give MV all they have while Godzilla and Hedorah move in to deal some damage. If this fails and MGMV stops the assault fast, MV wins. I’m abstaining until further opinions are shared.
For Emperor and Empire!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: Showa’s Quad vs Mechagodzilla (MV)

Post by JAGzilla »

Mechagodzilla go boom. I don't think he'll even last long. He could handle any two of these guys, maybe even any three, but four is too much. They're all fairly beam-happy, so any time he stops moving he'll get blasted. He won't ever be able to really lay into any one of them, and will just have to keep jumping around, trying to play hit-and-run which will get progressively harder as they wear him down. Factor in that Hedorah is basically immune to melee and can probably shrug off any of MG's ranged weapons, too, and this becomes almost impossible for MG.

EDIT: Godzilla's magnetic powers could screw up MG's ability to move around, too, although Godzilla may not want to reel him all the way in. :lol:
Last edited by JAGzilla on Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I'd argue Hedorah could solo. If he can survive the initial ranged bombardment, all he has to do is wait for MechaGodzilla to foolishly plunge his hands into his body. From there it's downhill for the robot.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Revolving missiles! Mechagodzilla's new weapons! It's terrible! Mechagodzilla might lose!

Yeah, with MV Mechagodzilla's so-so durability, I really don't see him lasting long.
Last edited by Spuro on Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Honestly I can kinda now see a single lucky revolving finger missile one shot Mechagodzilla.
For Emperor and Empire!