MV MG vs Final Wars

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

MV MG vs Final Wars

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/mecha ... verse.html

Vs

https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/godzilla_mill5.htm

https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/gigan_mill.htm#2

https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/mothra_mill3.htm

https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/keize ... rah.htm#mx

Rules:

1. Monster X can transform if need be.

Arena: Tokyo (Final Wars)

The climax of Final Wars gets interrupted by a certain mechanical menace. The Final Wars crew are in for the fight of their lives, and both Gigan and Mothra are dead on arrival, leaving this down to just FW Godzilla and Monsyer X... And these two ain't MV Goji and Kong, and THOSE two were getting mauled. If X transforms fast enough, that may be their ticket to success, but otherwise this is heavily in MG's favor
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: MV MG vs Final Wars

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

If the Gotengo was here and Keizer-charged Godzilla, he’d solo hard. Unfortunately it couldn’t arrive in time, which means the four are in for Hell.

Their only real chance would be for Keizer Ghidorah to come into play and begin ragdolling MechaG around while Godzilla starts unleashing his more absurd beams, but other than that I can’t see FW Godzilla and Monster X winning. FW is a beast in melee and he’s got a potent beam, I don’t care what anyone says, but in base he’s just not at MV MG’s level. Maybe if Monster X and Godzilla both unleashed their beams together straight at MechaG’s chest at the same time, he’d die given how their combined beams made an explosion drastically larger than both put together, but that requires a level of coordination that those two have not shown off and would already be nigh-impossible with turbo-Terminator here.

MV MG wins most of the time. There’s scenarios where team FW wins, but they’re not often.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Something to consider when using MV MG in these debates: the GVK novel actually says that Godzilla wasn't at full power when fighting Mechagodzilla and it's actually implied he would've turned him into scrap metal quickly if he wasn't so gassed.

Even including that though.. not really too sure how likely the FW teams chances are. Godzilla and Monster X could lay a good couple blows on Mechagodzilla that'll hurt, but the Proton Scream is literally going to leave them screaming, and i don't think there own beams are gonna do much other than push them back. And Gigan and Mothra are pretty much toast in this scenario. Maybe if Keizer Ghidorah comes into play i could see them winning, but i think MG will come out on top, although not without some injuries.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Gigantis wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:13 pm Something to consider when using MV MG in these debates: the GVK novel actually says that Godzilla wasn't at full power when fighting Mechagodzilla and it's actually implied he would've turned him into scrap metal quickly if he wasn't so gassed.
Eh, not really? The novel does very much say Godzilla isn’t running at max during the fight with MechaG, but it’s more so implied he’d just be doing a much better job fighting MechaG if Kong hadn’t worn him down. More so it’d be an actual fight as opposed to MechaG kicking his teeth in than a curbstomp in Godzilla’s favor.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Final Wars Godzilla is on a level of bullshit that hasn't been seen since in the franchise, probably equal to MV Goji (as of GVK) melee wise, and it's beam managed to blow up a fairly sizable meteor and tank the explosion well. He alone could put up a VERY good fight against MechaG, especially at peak power.
Bringing Monster X into this, his equal in terms of melee, is swinging the odds into the favor of the FW duo. The fact he is allowed to turn into Keizer, who's beams and attacks managed to put Goji on ice, is just overkill. These two alone can take on MechaG and win.
Gigan, depending if he has Chainsaws or not, can also put in work against MechaG, just not at the mark the other two can. MechaG won't like taking his beam, nor will he like being cut up or being grappled by Gigan.

Mothra is just there to catch on fire and crash into MechaG.

MechaG on the other hand, went toe to toe with a Godzilla on equal levels of bullshittery as FW (although not at full power), and blew through a mountain. And while the latter feat is cool, it's not "blowing up Gorath" level.

Alone, a MechaG (2021) vs Monster X/Goji (FW) fight is a 50-50 split, all depends how precise moves play out.
A MechaG vs Goji & Monster X fight is 25-75
A MechaG vs Goji and Pals fight is almost entirely tilted in the favor of the FW crew, if they all cooperate and can work together here, which is what we're dealing with here.
90% odds to the Final Wars team, 10% to MechaG.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Whatever did MV Mechagodzilla do to you? FW Godzilla alone would rekt, having Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah, Gigan, and Mothra is just overkill.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Don't know where all this Final Wars jerking is coming from, but the victor really depends on if X transforms in time.
For Emperor and Empire!

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Aside from being powerwanked to hell (and putting him against one of the most powerwanked Godzillas isn't helping anything, along with one of the most wanked off kaiju in the series) and being a messy design, he also pissed in my cheerios. 😡😡

I don't believe that FW Goji would get wrecked easily, he'd most likely lose (Odds are probably 60 for MechaG, 40 for Goji now that I think about it), but it isn't a clean sweep for MechaG, FW Goji would trash him to hell and back, but most likely would lose in the end, same for X. What I just think is dumb is people thinking that MechaG can withstand, if not win against, not just two of the most powerful kaiju in the series, but two others giving them back up.

Once again, I bring up the meteor feat for Goji, and the fact X showed durability on par if not greater than FW Goji. The fact he can turn Keizer is overkill and easily puts MechaG into the "he is 100% losing this" territory, especially since it's his three heads spewing beams, Goji throwing beams and punches, Gigan throwing beams and other attacks, and Mothra annoying him at best. Reminder, MechaG being hit by an uncharged axe was throwing him off balance and giving him some form of issue. But I agree, this all depends if X transforms in time, which he will since he'll be a bitch to put down.

If I wanted to prove I hated MV MechaG I'd just say Mothra could solo him 😈😈
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

Gojira2001
GPN Volunteer

Post by Gojira2001 »

Voyager wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:26 pm Don't know where all this Final Wars jerking is coming from, but the victor really depends on if X transforms in time.
*cough* Gorath Vessel *cough*

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Moth wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:29 pmIf I wanted to prove I hated MV MechaG I'd just say Mothra could solo him 😈😈
Well you could technically do this since her scales would fuck with his electronics. Wouldn’t kill him maybe, but could glitch him out long enough for everyone else to dogpile and tear him apart. Or ram into him with an explosion.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Moth wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:32 pm Alone, a MechaG (2021) vs Monster X/Goji (FW) fight is a 50-50 split, all depends how precise moves play out.
A MechaG vs Goji & Monster X fight is 25-75
A MechaG vs Goji and Pals fight is almost entirely tilted in the favor of the FW crew, if they all cooperate and can work together here, which is what we're dealing with here.
90% odds to the Final Wars team, 10% to MechaG.
Yeah this is basically my thoughts except I wouldn't even give MG MV 10% chance of victory. This is so ridiculously one sided its not even funny. Monster X and Godzilla really will tear him apart. The assistance of Mothra's scales and Gigan's blades will just ensure absolute victory here.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Honestly I forgot how Mothra's scales would also be a good source of help here. Yeah this is actually more one-sided than I thought.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Gigan literally can’t do anything, his blades have not demonstrated any cutting power close to what’s needed to do anything here, and Mothra would explode from a missile barrage or getting hit by a charged punch. Yes her scales fuck with electronics, but notice how she didn’t use them until way into the fight with Gigan, despite having fought and defeated him before.

Stop bringing up the meteor feat. It is an outlier, FW Godzilla gets clearly injured and hurt by the attacks of other kaiju, unless we’re going to argue that Monster X’s beams are more damaging than a city leveling explosion. I can bring up the part where MV Godzilla was completely unphased by a nuclear explosion that literally cratered a large city, and then how MV Mechagodzilla was still able to kick his absolute shit in. Are MV Mechagodzilla’s punches more powerful than a nuke, no, they’re not. Same with Monster X’s beams.

MV Mechagodzilla is more than capable of handling multiple opponents at once, we saw this. “Oh they were exhausted tho” it’s still multiple opponents, and it’s still MV Godzilla who weighs 100,000 tons and bounced off MechaG’s chest when they charged into each other. And also, how exhausted could MV Godzilla have even really been given how utterly relentlessly he thrashed Kong near the end of the fight? Yeah, he wasn’t at full strength against MechaG, but he wasn’t drastically weakened or anything like that.

FW Godzilla tore through an army of some of the weakest, most incompetent kaiju around. Kamacuras got killed by a radio tower, Anguirus, King Caesar, and Rodan beat themselves up more than Godzilla beat them up, Zilla is Zilla, Ebirah was torn apart by handheld weaponry, and Kumonga and Hedorah have literally no feats. He is not some god-tier kaiju who can take on anyone and anything. Mechagodzilla is far faster than him, more agile, has greater weaponry, and has a beam with far better feats than any of FW Godzilla’s atomic rays except the one which he literally only used on a meteor and had to charge for way longer than any other. The Proton Scream tore through the side of a mountain, shredded through buildings like Shin’s beam, and was able to badly burn Godzilla when all three of MV Ghidorah’s beams at once only knocked him over. All three of those feats are completely independent of how tired Godzilla was, and are more impressive than Monster X’s beams which put FW Godzilla on his knees.

Monster X is highly underrated by a lot of people on the FMs, I agree, but he’s outclassed here. He has incredible durability and strength, but he doesn’t use the latter well enough. Against Godzilla he did a lot of flashy moves that, while most kaiju would still be reeling from, are going to do nothing to Mechagodzilla. Getting slapped with Monster X’s tail and forearm is just going to piss MechaG off, and put X in a world of hurt. All the armor in the world isn’t going to protect him from a Proton Scream going down his throat, or if Godzilla gets pushed back long enough for Mechagodzilla to apeshit on Monster X. X was on the ground, struggling to fight back as FW Godzilla sat on his chest and beat the shit out of him. What’s MV Mechagodzilla, who hits far harder than FW Godzilla does, gonna do to him?
KWCE Administrator

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

>the meteor feat is an outlier
It's still part of his established feats mind you. And there is no rule Goji can't access the beam he used (dubbed the Blue Spiral Beam, or something close to that) for this fight. Can I happily claim MV MechaG blowing through a mountain was an outlier?

Gigan easily has the firepower to go against MechaG here, his claws tore up Godzilla and his chainsaws did as well and resulted in Goji needing Mothra to save his ass.

This isn't "a tired Godzilla and a just revived Kong" going against MechaG. This is match is four kaiju at peak power going against him. Even then, Wingard stated that, if it WAS MV Goji at peak power, the match wouldn't be the sweep we saw it as in film, it would have been a much more even fight. I'm sorry but MechaG is outmatched here, but it tells more that, it basically requires 4 of the strongest kaiju at peak power to put him down.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Moth wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:32 pm Gigan easily has the firepower to go against MechaG here, his claws tore up Godzilla
While I personally am of the opinion that Final Wars Godzilla would beat MV Mecha G, I must point out a flaw in your statement:

Gigan’s claws never once so much as touched Godzilla throughout the entirety of the movie. In fact, they never touched a single opponent at all.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:06 pm
Moth wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:32 pm Gigan easily has the firepower to go against MechaG here, his claws tore up Godzilla
While I personally am of the opinion that Final Wars Godzilla would beat MV Mecha G, I must point out a flaw in your statement:

Gigan’s claws never once so much as touched Godzilla throughout the entirety of the movie. In fact, they never touched a single opponent at all.
Was I thinking of his chainsaws then? Is Gigan modified for this fight? That would help me decide which role Gigan would have in this fight.

Edit: Yeah, I was thinking of when he sliced Godzilla up with his chainsaws.

If Gigan is unmodified: He'll be more of an annoyance to MechaG seeing as we can't judge the power of the claws.
If Modified: He'll be able to go against MechaG in melee, once again, his chainsaws were doing a good bit of damage against Goji.
Last edited by Moth on Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

"Cut Through" Bullshit. Gigan's chainsaws never even pierced Godzilla. It was more like scraping him and creating sparks.
For Emperor and Empire!

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

That's more visuals though. I guess a better term is "damaged"? They still caused Godzilla to show pain, something not a lot of kaiju in FW did.

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

For anyone interested, here's the part in the novel where MG's strength is highlighted:

I know novel expositions/feats are a slippery slope, but given how hotly debated this could become, perhaps we should simply differ from the novel as it could save a lot of grief.

I'm inferring from the text that MG is faster and stronger than Godzilla. It seems to state this outright before further elaborating that Godzilla was worn down from his fight with Kong. So, it's stating MG is faster and stronger than a healthy Godzilla, and, adding more suspense to the story, Godzilla is tired too! That's like saying, "Oh, man! That guy is stronger and faster than you on a good day--and my friend, you're not even at full strength right now. You should maybe retreat..."

That doesn't mean MV MG > MV Godzilla, but it does help shed light on this issue.

As for the fight, well, MV MG is definitely suited to the task of mowing down multiple kaiju; however, he's fighting FW Godzilla and Monster X w/ the latter possibly turning into Keizer Ghidorah. Throw in Gigan and Mothra to run interference and MechaGodzilla will be backed into a corner. He still has the firepower to outright annihilate Gigan and Mothra, but FW Godzilla and Monster X are durable enough to weather the damage (oh yes, MG will inflict grievous bodily harm) long enough to retaliate in kind. MechaGodzilla's durability is the only real question mark here as we don't know how he would've held up to MV Godzilla's Atomic Breath.

Team FW wins.
Last edited by Tomzilla on Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:07 pm Whatever did MV Mechagodzilla do to you? FW Godzilla alone would rekt, having Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah, Gigan, and Mothra is just overkill.
Yes, Gigan, who's head was blown up by a same level beam that barely wrecked a mountain. Or Keizer's beam which was meant for lifting things, somehow severed his own neck.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.