Kong (GVK) vs Godzilla (Final Wars)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
SoggyNoodles2016

Kong (GVK) vs Godzilla (Final Wars)

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

After beating Gwangi, Kong decides to take on another Godzilla, one who might be as bullshit as his main Godzillaian foe

Godzilla

Kong

Arena: Tokyo

Rules: Kong has an axe and it CAN block the atomic breath. Godzilla gets no Ozaki powered.

Verdict: Monkey slaughters. With the breath out of the equation, it's just him vs Godzilla's melee and while it's good, Kong is a faster and smarter fighter then any M-gene slave. Godzilla has a chance (especially if he can pry the ax out and blast Kong to knock him out long enough to close the distance) but imo, Kong wins most times.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Kong (GVK) vs Godzilla (Final Wars)

Post by Gigantis »

FW Godzilla's greatest chance for victory here is to pretty much race around Kong, gets some hits in, ignore the axe, and when Kong's tired, get the final blow.. the chances of that happening when a stronger, and equally agile opponent is right in front of him isn't the highest.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Aside from the atomic ray, which he has a counter to, Kong doesn't really have anything to worry about. MV Godzilla is a significantly better and stronger fighter than FW Godzilla and Kong was still able to hold his own against such a superior foe. Once Kong's axe gets supercharged, monke go whack whack. Godzilla is NOT going to like getting hit by that, and it might even be a killshot if he aims for the neck/head.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I’m still giving this to Godzilla. His healing factor will do away with all wounds Kong inflicts, and if his atomic ray scores a direct hit, Kong’s down for the count. Like Showa and the first two Millennium Godzillas, FW Godzilla’s atomic ray is much more explosive and combustible than that of his Legendary incarnation; if it hits Kong, not only is it gonna send him flying, its gonna blow off chunks of his body.

Kong will make him work for it, but in the end I think Big G’s still got this one.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:07 am Like Showa and the first two Millennium Godzillas, FW Godzilla’s atomic ray is much more explosive and combustible than that of his Legendary incarnation; if it hits Kong, not only is it gonna send him flying, its gonna blow off chunks of his body.
FW Godzilla's beam is whatever the movie wants it to be, and is so wildly inconsistent trying to gauge its power is an excersize in futility. One minute it does nothing to Gigan, the next it blows his head off, then it sends Hedorah and Ebirah flying up thousands of meters into the sky and fails to quickly kill either of them, when the handheld weapons the mutant strike force had put down Ebirah earlier. I very much doubt it'll do much of anything to the far more durable Kong.

If Kong gets that axe charged, FW Godzilla is not going to last long. He got the fight knocked out of him by his own beam getting rammed back down his throat and then being slung through several buildings, something GvK Goji took far better from a far more powerful foe, and the axe blow to the head still put Godzilla down for a minute or so. That happens to FW Godzilla, he's out of the fight then and there.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Giratina93 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:44 am
ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:07 am Like Showa and the first two Millennium Godzillas, FW Godzilla’s atomic ray is much more explosive and combustible than that of his Legendary incarnation; if it hits Kong, not only is it gonna send him flying, its gonna blow off chunks of his body.
FW Godzilla's beam is whatever the movie wants it to be, and is so wildly inconsistent trying to gauge its power is an exercise in futility. One minute it does nothing to Gigan, the next it blows his head off, then it sends Hedorah and Ebirah flying up thousands of meters into the sky and fails to quickly kill either of them, when the handheld weapons the mutant strike force had put down Ebirah earlier. I very much doubt it'll do much of anything to the far more durable Kong.

If Kong gets that axe charged, FW Godzilla is not going to last long. He got the fight knocked out of him by his own beam getting rammed back down his throat and then being slung through several buildings, something GvK Goji took far better from a far more powerful foe, and the axe blow to the head still put Godzilla down for a minute or so. That happens to FW Godzilla, he's out of the fight then and there.
I must respectfully disagree. FW Godzilla's atomic ray did cause harm to Gigan when it hit him in the chest, actually knocking his 60,000 metric-ton weight off his @$$ first hit. Then, aimed at a far more vulnerable part of his body--his head, which makes sense--it blew said head apart like an overripe melon.

As for the Ebirah and Hedorah case, you're right. It did act far more as a concussive attack in that moment than a Michael-Bay fetish. But just about every other time Godzilla used his atomic ray, it was very explosive in nature; an example being the death of Zilla and Godzilla blasting Monster X in the face, though Monster X was an incredibly tough opponent and managed to resist it.

As for the Keizer Ghidorah deal, I take that moment less as a showcase of Godzilla's weakness and more as a testament to both his durability and his atomic breath's power. Godzilla got the same beam that would normally kill or cripple most Kaiju in a single shot shoved down his throat by three Antigravity Destroyed Keizer Beams nonetheless, and survived. And even after getting zapped to absolute hell multiple times, slung, battered, beaten, crushed and thrown around by the Giant Demon Beast, he was still alive and kicking. He only was put in a true life or death situation when Keizer Ghidorah began draining his nuclear energy and Big G had no way out of it.

I must disagree with the notion that King Kong was a more powerful adversary than Keizer Ghidorah. While Kong is a mighty foe in combat indeed, Keizer Ghidorah was a different type of fighter who relied on different tricks. They're merely two different types of combatants. A more comparable adversary is Monster X, who was a far more melee-capable fighter.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:12 pm As for the Ebirah and Hedorah case, you're right. It did act far more as a concussive attack in that moment than a Michael-Bay fetish. But just about every other time Godzilla used his atomic ray, it was very explosive in nature; an example being the death of Zilla and Godzilla blasting Monster X in the face, though Monster X was an incredibly tough opponent and managed to resist it.
None of your examples illustrate anywhere near the explosive power that you seem to think FW Godzilla's Atomic Breath has. If you think his beam is going to (somehow) K.O. Kong in a single blast, you're going to have to cite better examples of it having more explosive force than the axe-blast that sent Kong flying through the air. The one that didn't "blow off chunks of his body".

For the fight itself, Kong has this after a good brawl. FW Godzilla is fast and strong, but he lacks the effective strength-use, durability, and ferocity that allowed LPG to overcome Kong's own impressive skillset. Here, the ape is just the better melee fighter and the more efficient killer. And thanks to his axe and solid durability, Kong doesn't have to worry too much about a beam weapon that his opponent barely uses in an actual fight anyways.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

This would be a hell of a fight, but one that Kong would most often win. He's just better than GFW Godzilla in melee, which is what the vast majority of the battle will be since this Godzilla isn't much of a beam spammer. Godzilla has a chance if Kong loses the axe and he rolls a nat20 on his beam, but that's about the only way I see him pulling off a victory.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

Flip a coin.

During his globe-trotting adventure of whooping ass, FW Goji's power kept increasing. It's why his atomic breath kept demonstrating crazier levels of strength. Factor in his prestigious strength, stamina, fighting skill, and durability, FW Goji has and always will be a monster in fantasy battles. But now he's facing an opponent whose strength rivals his own; a foe whose fighting skills blow him out of the water. Even worse, Kong is wielding an axe capable of wounding a Godzilla even more durable than FinalGoji -- and he's very proficient with it.

This will quickly become an intense close-quarters brawl. Here, Kong has the advantage. Godzilla's skilled in this arena but even his superior MV cousin was wounded. But unlike MV Godzilla, FinalGoji will be on the receiving end of multiple axe strikes, which will take a toll. Both MV and FW Godzillas have comparable levels of regeneration, and since the injury Kong's axe inflicted was still visibly seen on MV Godzilla's leg, it's unlikely FW Goji will be able to heal the damages in time.

FW Godzilla's best shot here is using his Atomic Breath at point-blank, and I mean cranking up the intensity while being up close and personal. If that means taking an axe strike in order to have a clean, unblockable shot -- FW Godzilla better take it. Otherwise, Kong will continue to weaken him with every succeeding hit. It should be pointed out that Kong does aim for critically vulnerable areas.

Like I said at the start, flip a coin. It's a savagely drawn-out fight. If I had to bet on who'd win, I'd put money on Kong but only because he has his axe.
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

I'd tend to agree with Tom's assessment but I think Goji has the slight edge. FW Goji is a beast and while his atomic ray is questionable, one thing that can not be undervalued is his endurance and durability. Kong will need to kill FW with the axe's blade, not the atomic explosion, as I doubt a Goji which tanked nuclear style explosions will care too much for the small scale version of that.

Meanwhile, Kong is powerful, intelligent and possesses a weapon which can and has, seen by the dead creature in the temple, killed Titans. My biggest issue though is he isn't the most durable and even if Goji's regeneration is less than a normal Godzilla's, its still there. If Kong sinks his axe into FW, what stops Goji from point blanking Kong like he did Monster X? What helped Monster X keep up with Goji is a thick layer of armor to absorb physical or atomic hits. Kong doesn't have that luxury in this fight.

So my overall assessment is if Goji takes an axe to the body, yeah, It'll hurt and maybe kill him. But if Kong takes a close range atomic blast, I don't think he'll be able to recover as quickly which means he'll lose speed, strength and slowly lose the fight. Its close, but Goji has the edge in my book.
Last edited by Greyshot151 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon