King Kong (1933) vs. The Rhedosaurus

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
shippersdreamer
Interpol Agent

King Kong (1933) vs. The Rhedosaurus

Post by shippersdreamer »

Alright, time to give this a shot. First, the bios

https://wikizilla.org/wiki/King_Kong/1933

https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Rhedosaurus

Rules: Kong is immune to the pathogen in the Rhedosaurus' blood.

Verdict: This is a pretty close one, but ultimately I'm going to have to side with Kong. The Rhedosaurus would be a tough opponent but this Kong in particular has made a living off of fighting other large creatures. He not only fought a T-Rex to the death and won, but also wrangled with a massive Pteranodon and a Sea Serpent in the cave. The Rhedosaurus is strong but I don't think it'd be used to fighting creatures its own size, especially as smart and as powerful as Kong is.
"Look out, it's the most fearsome monster on the planet! Gezora..."

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: King Kong (1933) vs. The Rhedosaurus

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Kong will be roughed up, but his experience in fighting dinosaurs and similar foes will definitely be what gives this to him. Rhedosaurus is a deadlier foe than the Meat-Eater for sure, but the same basic principles that let Kong take the W there will apply here as well.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

People should put Rhedo's radioactivity into account.

*edit* Never mind, read the rules.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Ehhh...the Rhedosaurus is a lot more durable than Kong. Didn't it literally get shot in the head by an artillery cannon and live? Kong would have probably been decapitated. That's just one example I can think of; I'm pretty sure it also tanked stuff that would have killed Kong. I think the Rhedosaurus can just wear Kong down and win through superior durability.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Yeah, I'm with Breakdown. Even taking in Rhedo's pathogen being disabled, he's just too big and durable for Kong to be anything more then a chewtoy.

RIP Evan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Another Tuesday for good ol Kong. Rhedosaurus is no different from the creatures he takes on daily.

If the pathogen was in play then certainly Rhedosaurus would win but its disabled.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Rhedo took an arty shell to the face with no issues, and Kong died to machine gun fire. Rhedosaurus takes this.
For Emperor and Empire!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Thing is, getting your jaws pulled apart past their limit is a little bit different than tanking artillery. Just look at Anguirus, for instance.

Kong’s still capable of winning this. I give them about 50/50.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Rhedosaurus was able to tank far more impressive blows than 33' Kong, his size and greater durability will make it difficult for Kong to be pulling any jaws apart so I give it to the dino.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

While the Beast did take a shell to the skull without harm, it still doesn't mean his jaws could be broken by physical force.

This fight comes down to physical strength and brains vs teeth and claws. I go with Kong on this one. Kong has the intelligence, muscle, and experience in dealing with creatures like the Rhedosaurus. He has the skills to kill the Rhedosaurus, but the Rhedosaurus will give him a tough time of it.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.