Ultraman Gaia vs. Grand King Ghidorah

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Ultraman Gaia vs. Grand King Ghidorah

Post by MoarCrossovers »

The continuation to LegendZilla's uncontinued series. https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 35&t=29943

Ultraman Gaia
vs.
Grand King Ghidorah

Rules:
Ultraman Gaia is subject to his time limit (though remember that his Life Gauge does not function on the same rules as the Colour Timer)
Last edited by MoarCrossovers on Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Ultraman Gaia vs. Grand King Ghidorah

Post by Gigantis »

Uh, don't ya mean Legend's series?

Anywho, i'm gonna abstain from this for a bit. I think both have a chance of taking victory.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

La Pegasus
Ronin

Post by La Pegasus »

Hello! First post and I'll be mainly focusing on Ultra matches since not to throw shade or anything, Ultra representation here is sort of lacking.

Firstly- "Ultraman Gaia is subject to his time limit (though remember that his Life Gauge does not function on the same rules as the Colour Timer)"
Gaia does *not* have a Time Limit. His Life Gauge is, well, a gauge on how much "HP" he has left (Energy attacks also drain this "HP" since they're one in the same). So this is pretty arbitrary.

But as for the actual match up, Gaia is pretty much all the leg-up on Grand King Ghidorah. Not sure how you guys do feats and stats and stuff, but the "official" flight speed for Ultras is pretty much always just wrong. For instance, it says Ultraman Zero has a max flight speed of Mach 7 and yet he leaves the atmosphere and encircles the entire planet multiple times in his fight with Darklops Zero Prototype.

It's the same for Ultraman Gaia- his official stated flight speed is Mach 20 but we very clearly see him leave atmosphere in moments during the Anti-Matter episode. I mean, either way, it means Gaia is massively faster than Grand King Ghidorah here given statistically Grand King Ghidorah's only at Mach 3.

Can someone post a video or something of what Grand King Ghidorah can do? Because I'm pretty partial to Gaia right now. If Gaia has supreme, I don't think Ghidorah's ever going to win it given how Supreme Gaia nuked a Kaiju that's at least multiple kilometers long easily.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

La Pegasus wrote:It's the same for Ultraman Gaia- his official stated flight speed is Mach 20 but we very clearly see him leave atmosphere in moments during the Anti-Matter episode. I mean, either way, it means Gaia is massively faster than Grand King Ghidorah here given statistically Grand King Ghidorah's only at Mach 3.
I mean, sure he can go that fast, but the monsters he fights are able to casually land blows on him episode to episode so it's not really a deal breaker.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

La Pegasus
Ronin

Post by La Pegasus »

PopInPicsPresents wrote: I mean, sure he can go that fast, but the monsters he fights are able to casually land blows on him episode to episode so it's not really a deal breaker.
Again, I'm not sure how this site treats high-ends and low-ends. But it should be of note that the moment Gaia gets serious, most Kaiju he faces never actually get good hits in on Gaia and has to resort to cheap shots or their own beam spams- which works for awhile before Gaia backflips away and opens up his own Beam Spam/Attack team does something with its weakness which usually ends in the Kaiju dying because it couldn't keep up with Gaia.

How's Grand King Ghidorah's CQC? If Gaia just blinks into his stomach area, I don't think there's much the heads can do about it

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

La Pegasus wrote:Again, I'm not sure how this site treats high-ends and low-ends.
We don’t really talk about high-ends and low-ends that much on TK.
For Emperor and Empire!

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

La Pegasus wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote: I mean, sure he can go that fast, but the monsters he fights are able to casually land blows on him episode to episode so it's not really a deal breaker.
Again, I'm not sure how this site treats high-ends and low-ends. But it should be of note that the moment Gaia gets serious, most Kaiju he faces never actually get good hits in on Gaia and has to resort to cheap shots or their own beam spams- which works for awhile before Gaia backflips away and opens up his own Beam Spam/Attack team does something with its weakness which usually ends in the Kaiju dying because it couldn't keep up with Gaia.

How's Grand King Ghidorah's CQC? If Gaia just blinks into his stomach area, I don't think there's much the heads can do about it
GKG has a Light Shield that was effective at blocking Mothra's really powerful Breast Cannon, so I'm not sure how well Gaia's beams are gonna work, at least his base form beams. Ghidorah isn't like stellar up close, but he is fuckin vicious and his Gravity Beams are super OP. One bolt vaporized a skyscraper. That's probably one of the best Toho feats by a monster
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Ghidorah isn't like stellar up close, but he is skreeonkin vicious and his Gravity Beams are super OP.
Yeah, he sucks at CQC...
Let's forget that he could stomp Mothra so hard he crashed into the earth with enough force to leave an indent. Or that he bit and swung Mothra around. Mmhm...
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

LamangoKaijura wrote:
Ghidorah isn't like stellar up close, but he is skreeonkin vicious and his Gravity Beams are super OP.
Yeah, he sucks at CQC...
Let's forget that he could stomp Mothra so hard he crashed into the earth with enough force to leave an indent. Or that he bit and swung Mothra around. Mmhm...
You should look into upgrading your reading comprehension stat because that's not what I said lol
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae

Godzilla2020
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzilla2020 »

La Pegasus wrote:
Again, I'm not sure how this site treats high-ends and low-ends.
Ya this site may be more willing to throw out high ends than your used to. At Least that was my initial impression. Anyway that doesn't do much to damage the fun of debating.
La Pegasus wrote:How's Grand King Ghidorah's CQC? If Gaia just blinks into his stomach area, I don't think there's much the heads can do about it
He's good but not up there with, say, Monsterverse Beasts. He's about a tier lower in that regard.

La Pegasus
Ronin

Post by La Pegasus »

Then yeah if Ghidorah's beams sends Gaia onto his bum, he's likely to warp in close and basically wreck him. Actually, warping in close at Super Speed is one of the more IC things for him to do and since Ghidorah isn't really a CQC demon he can't really... do much to counter. He could try to thunderbolt Gaia but seeing as that has the potential to have the bolts fire back into the body due to the resulting explosion, that isn't really a good option.

The main problem I have with voting for Ghidorah is that he seems like a one-trick pony. His beams are absurdly powerful but in other stats such as Speed and CQC Capabilities which are equally important, he wouldn't really stack up to Gaia.

For instance, Grand King Ghidorah according to the profile in OP weighs 50,000 tons. Meanwhile in this video (0:55)

Supreme Gaia lifts up Gakuzom with ease, who weighs 77,000 tons https://ultra.fandom.com/wiki/Gakuzom

Or here where Gaia lifts Gokigumon and throws him with one hand (4:41)

Who weighs 70000 tons https://ultra.fandom.com/wiki/Gokigumon

Plus as I said before, not sure how this Ghidorah's gonna like getting shot by Gaia seeing as he nuked this thing. (4:40)

Which as noted before is several Kilometers in length at least.

That's sort of the thing with the Ultra series that I noticed before yeah- this forum is sort of willing to throw out high ends in favour of using low-ends. This seemingly puts Ultras at stupid low levels of power on here which sort of urks me to no end- if you limit them to the low-ends of course they're going to end up weaker. This isn't a problem for Godzilla because their feats are mostly consistent across a movie or two while Power Variation can easily be at the whims of the writer across 40+ episodes.

Meanwhile in the newer series which is around 12 episodes long, Ultras regularly pull high-ends that more resemble Dragon Ball fights than they do men in spandex fighting which fits more in line with how Ultras are treated in their respected series.