Godzilla (Showa) vs Ultraman Leo

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Primevalfishboy
Ronin

Godzilla (Showa) vs Ultraman Leo

Post by Primevalfishboy »

Godzilla
https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/godzilla_showa.htm

Vs

Ultraman Leo
https://ultra.fandom.com/wiki/Ultraman_Leo_(character)

Arena: Monster Island

Rules:
70s Godzilla
Showa Ultraman Leo from the 1970s
Win by Death or K.O.

Verdict: I’m abstaining for now

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Godzilla (Showa) vs Ultraman Leo

Post by Gigantis »

Honestly i don't see what's stopping Leo from just overwhelming Godzilla with all those freaking beams.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

Leo just beams spams Godzilla to death, unless Godzilla makes up some new power that makes him immune to beams.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Did you guys just read his list of abilities and call it a day?
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Primevalfishboy
Ronin

Post by Primevalfishboy »

PIPP who do you think would win?

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Well, according to the Wiki, Leo has a time limit of under 3 minutes. Would depend on if Godzilla can weather the storm of the laser attacks and hold out till that passes. Godzilla does have experience with this as he survived multiple all out spam attacks from Mechagodzilla.

Though I think I need context for how powerful Leo's blasts are before I can make a call.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Just because Leo has a bunch of beam attacks doesn’t mean he uses every single one in a fight. Every Ultra has a million and one attacks and techniques, but none of them just sit there and shoot beams the whole time. Especially Leo, who’s way more of a melee fighter than even most other Showa Ultras.

Leo’s beams aren’t even that impressive, if I remember correctly he mostly uses them to stun so he can get in close. He’s a glass cannon, so he can’t take many punches from Godzilla or an Atomic Breath, but he is pretty deadly in melee. He has dismembered kaiju with his punches and kicks, but none of those kaiju were on Showa Godzilla’s level. They were mostly the typical Ultra monster of the week, who are generally quite pathetic in kaiju terms. I’m going to give it to Showa Godzilla, as Leo has never really demonstrated the capability to quickly defeat a foe as powerful as Godzilla, and the longer the fight goes the worse it gets for Leo.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Primevalfishboy wrote:PIPP who do you think would win?
I haven't seen enough of Leo to judge but I know enough about Ultraman as a whole to know Leo doesn't beam spam. He's also mainly a melee fighter as someone else said, his trademark attack is a flying, flipping, flaming kick for crying out loud lol
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Said it before, I'll say it again. If your only exposure to a character is via a Wiki or Stat Page, you shouldn't even be throwing your two cents in a thread like this.

With that said, both Godzilla and Leo are predominantly hand-to-hand fighters. Sure, a few beams might get traded here and there, but not enough to bring either down. And both of these guys are hulks in strength, but Leo does have some more skill what with his actual martial arts. Leo's time limit, however, is what will cost him here. If not for that, I'd have to think a bit more on it. But Godzilla isn't like Leo's traditional, more canon fodder kaiju. He's A LOT more durable and capable in battle. Leo will not beat him in a quick, few minute long battle.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I doubt Leo can put the 70's Showa Godzilla down in 3 minutes. Just look what MechaG did to him, in the same token didn't Zone Fighter have Godzilla on the ropes?
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

From what I've seen of Ultraman Leo, he's barely able to take down a single daikaiju. Showa G wins here, definitely.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Leo's more mobile, agile, and can literally run circles around Godzilla. Plus, he can decapitate with a single kick.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LamangoKaijura wrote:Leo's more mobile, agile, and can literally run circles around Godzilla. Plus, he can decapitate with a single kick.
I haven't seen Leo yet but is he really faster than Showa after that Zone Fighter run.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LamangoKaijura wrote:Leo's more mobile, agile, and can literally run circles around Godzilla. Plus, he can decapitate with a single kick.
Are you REALLY going to sit there and compare Godzilla to your everyday, run of the mill, cannon fodder Showa Ultra kaiju?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

MM Raids Again wrote:
Are you REALLY going to sit there and compare Godzilla to your everyday, run of the mill, cannon fodder Showa Ultra kaiju?
Canon fodder that took down Seven with a physical injury and then proceeded to fucking drown almost all of Japan? Yeah. I'm going to compare the Giras brothers to Godzilla.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
Canon fodder that took down Seven with a physical injury and then proceeded to skreeonking drown almost all of Japan? Yeah. I'm going to compare the Giras brothers to Godzilla.
They took down Seven becasue it was three on one.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

miguelnuva wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
Canon fodder that took down Seven with a physical injury and then proceeded to skreeonking drown almost all of Japan? Yeah. I'm going to compare the Giras brothers to Godzilla.
They took down Seven becasue it was three on one.
Yeah. And even then, it was Seven. The dude had trouble with A LOT of monsters in his own series.

Quote of the Year:

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

You mean like killing a monster that literally had instant regeneration? Or did you forget Geyron existed?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LamangoKaijura wrote:You mean like killing a monster that literally had instant regeneration? Or did you forget Geyron existed?
You mean did I forget how easily Ultraseven just tore off its arm that's entire inside was made of feathers? No. And I also didn't forget how Seven was losing a fight to a cliff.

Quote of the Year:

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Video error from Youtube. Surprise surprise.
I also fucking told you guys, cliffs are OP.

Those feathers sure did look like green paint and gunk when he first exploded.