Tyrantis vs Godzilla (Showa)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Welp, here we go. I don't know how many people here are familiar with A.T.O.M, so here's hoping this goes well. Since Tyrantis comes from a book, there are unfortunately no videos showcasing his fighting ability.

Might need to refresh my memory in regards to Tyrantis' feats, but from the top of my head:
-He swung around Gorgolisk by her tail three times before tossing her into the air
-His fire balls have enough force to launch him into the air in a sort of rocket jump
-He took several missiles to the mouth without harm
-His jaws crushed Girtabane's stinger
-Swung around Girtabane by her tail repeatedly before tossing her a few hundred feet away
-He got bitten and thrashed by Tyranta, as well as thrown into a tree
-He repeatedly dodged numerous attacks from Tricerak, even after getting gashed on the belly, and won after jumping on Tricerak's back, then ramming him into a tree with his head

Arena: Tokyo

Rules:
Standard
70's Godzilla

Verdict: Haven't finished Tyrantis Walks Among Us, so my thoughts on this match might change, but currently I'm giving this to Godzilla for his greater strength and experience. Tyrantis could put up a good fight, but he doesn't appear quite as impressive as Godzilla in comparison. Tyrantis' fire breath doesn't seem comparable to what Godzilla's survived, so the latter might be able to withstand his attacks long enough to overpower him in the long run.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Re: Tyrantis vs Godzilla (Showa)

Post by GmkGoji »

From what I can tell, Tyrantis is strong, but not strong enough. Godzilla wins.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Tyrantis can certainty make a match of this. And if Godzilla is in a particular jobber move which he is prone to on occasion in the Showa films has a chance. But overall I give it to Godzilla for better stats and greater uh "tactical" capacity. If you count 70s weirdness as tactical stuff.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

EDIT: Well, it turns out Tyrantis is an official kaiju of sorts, so nevermind, match unlocked.
Last edited by Giratina93 on Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Thanks Giratina.

I've made a respect thread for Tyrantis that lists off his feats to help others who haven't read the book.

After finishing Tyrantis Walks Among Us, I still believe Godzilla can win this, but not easily. Tyrantis is a force to be reckoned with in melee, and he has enough strength and durability to contend with Godzilla for a while. However, Tyrantis lacks the means to really overcome Godzilla's durability, and his fire breath isn't as impressive as what Godzilla's shrugged off. Godzilla has the intelligence, experience, and skills to eventually overpower Tyrantis and win.
Last edited by Kiryu2012 on Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Tyrantis and Godzilla are too similar, they just become good friends.

For real, Godzilla has it. Tyrantis is strong but Godzilla is on another level. It's like Spider-Man fighting Iron Man.

RIP Evan.