Rodan(Heisei) vs M.U.T.O

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Soulfuture68
Ronin

Rodan(Heisei) vs M.U.T.O

Post by Soulfuture68 »

Rodan(Heisei)
https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/rodan_heisei.htm#r

Male Muto
https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/muto.html#male

Female Muto
https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/muto.html#female

Arena- San Francisco

Verdict- I'm going with Rodan on this. He's far faster,has a Uranium Beam that'll pack a quiet a punch and far more durable. Maybe the Female Muto could down the pterosaur with a lucky hard swipe if Rodan flies low enough,but that's doubted.

Rodan- 9.5/10

MUTO- 1/10

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Rodan(Heisei) vs M.U.T.O

Post by Gigantis »

Honestly Rodan could just peck the males heart out and then beam spam the female to death. Not like either of them could catch him either since he's so much faster. Rodan wins with flying colors.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Mr_Krenicboy
Samurai

Post by Mr_Krenicboy »

tyrantgoji wrote:Honestly Rodan could just peck the males heart out and then beam spam the female to death. Not like either of them could catch him either since he's so much faster. Rodan wins with flying colors.
His pecks aren't especially potent and the male would slash and hit Rody out of the sky before he good get a good peck at the Muto. More likely is the male to pin Rodan down upon contact and beat him helpless along with his girl.

Soulfuture68
Ronin

Post by Soulfuture68 »

Mr_Krenicboy wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:Honestly Rodan could just peck the males heart out and then beam spam the female to death. Not like either of them could catch him either since he's so much faster. Rodan wins with flying colors.
His pecks aren't especially potent and the male would slash and hit Rody out of the sky before he good get a good peck at the Muto. More likely is the male to pin Rodan down upon contact and beat him helpless along with his girl.
Rodan was taking attacks from a far more powerful Super Mechagodzilla that were far more potent than Godzilla's (Legendary)atomic beam. And from I recalled Rodan caused damage to Mechagodzilla as well. So all in all the MUTOs are dead.
Last edited by Soulfuture68 on Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Soulfuture68 wrote:
Mr_Krenicboy wrote:
Rodan was taking attacks from a far more powerful Super Mechagodzilla that were far more potent than Godzilla's (Legendary)atomic beam. And from I recalled Rodan caused damage to Mechagodzilla as well. So all in all the MUTOs are dead.
Wasnt the fight mostly Rodan pecking Mechag and getting shot out of the air the minute they got a lock on him?

(Not pedantic by the way, genuinely asking. Havent seen VMG2 in a hot minute)

RIP Evan.

Soulfuture68
Ronin

Post by Soulfuture68 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Soulfuture68 wrote:
Mr_Krenicboy wrote: His pecks aren't especially potent and the male would slash and hit Rody out of the sky before he good get a good peck at the Muto. More likely is the male to pin Rodan down upon contact and beat him helpless along with his girl.
Wasnt the fight mostly Rodan pecking Mechag and getting shot out of the air the minute they got a lock on him?

(Not pedantic by the way, genuinely asking. Havent seen VMG2 in a hot minute)
All I remembered was Rodan pecking out one of MechaG's eyes and taking some attacks. Haven't seen the movie since I was 9. (Maybe a little off topic,but Happy Thanksgiving to you)

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Rodan can break apart boulders and peck through Mechagodzilla's eye. Plus he has the Uranium beam which is about on par with Heisei G's Atomic Ray. Realistically I see Rodan beam spamming the others into the ground.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Mr_Krenicboy
Samurai

Post by Mr_Krenicboy »

Why is Rodan pecking out MG2's eye such an important feat? Nothing suggests it's as durable a region compared to the rest of mechaG. If anything less.

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

Rodan is too strong for the male, and the female probably cant even hit him.
Rodan stomps.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Mr_Krenicboy wrote: His pecks aren't especially potent.
Rodan's pecks shattered solid rock during his fight against Godzilla. They were also enough to cripple MechaGodzilla's eye cannons, something not even being manhandled by Godzilla was able to do. If there's ONE THING Heisei Rodan has going for him, its his beak. The only problem here is the male Muto severely outmaneuvers him.

While the male is going to be able to effortlessly evade Rodan's stiff flying patterns, he's not going to be able to do much to actually bring Rodan down. Eventually I do see Rodan taking it, however. If only by a lucky beam hit or a mid-air collision happens. The female is going to depend on how Rodan decides to take her on. But his preferred method is just landing and open firing. Something she has no way of stopping.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

The MUTOs can take it if the male can ground Rodan so him and wifey can pummle the pteranodon to death.

If he can't, then Rodan can probably beam spam them to death. The male MUTO is too fragile to take Rodan on directly. A peck or a couple hits from his ray should take him out. The female MUTO was put out of comission by Godzilla's beam which, if you go by the novel, was weakened by the MUTO's EMP. That said, Rodan's beam will probably take her out too.

Rodan takes it 7/10
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Extreme Warhawk
GPN Volunteer

Post by Extreme Warhawk »

I concur Rodan wins

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I see Rodan taking down the male Muto. While it has vicious claws and some speed, Rodan's heat beam will do a number on it. The female will be a tougher one, but if Rodan stays out of reach, it could weaken the female Muto enough to kill it.

However, if the Mutos work as a team, then Rodan is doomed. The male would do hit and run tactics to get Rodan on the ground, and the female would crush Rodan with physical blows. If Rodan used his heat beam on the female, then the male would strike from behind and distract Rodan.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.