Captain America Vs Spinosaurus

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Mr_Krenicboy
Samurai

Captain America Vs Spinosaurus

Post by Mr_Krenicboy »

MCU Cap: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... in_America
Vs
Jurassic Park Spinosaurus: https://jurassicpark.fandom.com/wiki/Spinosaurus
Arena: Civil War German Airport
Rules: Cap has only his Sheild and whatever else is in the environment to use as weapons
Verdict: The Captain is a fast and nibble human which will be difficult prey for the Spino. We've seen how Roger's can take down Sheild fighters and even Iron Man(though he was weakend) through sheer wit and acrobatics. Should make it against a considerably dumber yet still lethal, beastly foe like the Spino. I simply see the Cap retreating from the Spino till the opportunity comes that he can land a decisive blow to the dinosaur. Certainly won't be easy and I do think if Steve ends up in the Spinosaurus' grasp or worse yet jaws then he is as good as lunch. But he's skilled enough to avoid the Dino's maws and I think will find a way to use Spino's own ravenous persuit against it.

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Re: Captain America Vs Spinosaurus

Post by GmkGoji »

Considering Captain america has fought THANOS... Cap throws his shield at Spino so hard the shield kills him.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Here's a respect thread for Cap if anyone needs a refresher on his feats.

Giving this to Cap. He's fought way worse than the Spino, and he's got the feats and skills to come out on top. Hell, I'd argue he could beat Indominus.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

The Spinosaur charges down cap, pins him down if he doesn't grab him immediately, and then has a slight bit of trouble chewing because the serum makes him tougher then his usual meals.

Cap has impressive feats but it's still a 50 foot long hybrid created with the express goal of testing what hybridization could do.

and in case, you're doubting me

Tanking being hit by a plane at full speed is more impressive then being smacked around by an 8 foot tall dude, even one who is a highly trained alien warlord.

RIP Evan.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

My thing is, Thanos's strength is incredibly inconsistent even in the same movie. One minute he's making Hulk look like a lightweight pansy, the next he's struggling to outmuscle CAPTAIN AMERICA. So Caps himself, we don't really have a clear cut ceiling for how strong he is.

That said, I do see Caps having this. A shield toss anywhere is going to lead to bad news for the Spino, especially if a shield throw breaks its legs or its sail. If the Spino closes the distance, it's gonna eat Caps alive, but the shield is really the big thing that gives Cap the advantage here.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:The Spinosaur charges down cap, pins him down if he doesn't grab him immediately, and then has a slight bit of trouble chewing because the serum makes him tougher then his usual meals.

Cap has impressive feats but it's still a 50 foot long hybrid created with the express goal of testing what hybridization could do.

Tanking being hit by a plane at full speed is more impressive then being smacked around by an 8 foot tall dude, even one who is a highly trained alien warlord.
Have you ever seen an MCU movie? :lol: Yeah, the fight would go the way you say if Cap for some reason was stupid enough to stand there and get eaten... but he's not. The Spinosaurus couldn't even quickly run down a middle-aged scientist and a kid, and you think it's going to be able to catch a super soldier who can blow right past any unaugmented human and keep up that speed for miles? Cap is fast, agile, and smart, and the Spino is really going to struggle to hit him, especially since he'll be chucking his shield and anything else he can throw at it the whole time. It tends to be kind of sluggish and slasher-villain-y in its attacks, too, and Cap will make it regret every second of hesitation. He's absolutely got the strength to do that, too; don't forget that he physically held down a helicopter to stop it from taking off, and can kick a car hard enough to send it sliding. So his throws will do damage, and even if the Spino does get close, he can probably punch and kick hard enough to at least stun it or drive it back. It has the durability to hold out for a few minutes, but more often than not he'll wear it down before it catches him.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

SoggyNoodles2016

JAGzilla wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:The Spinosaur charges down cap, pins him down if he doesn't grab him immediately, and then has a slight bit of trouble chewing because the serum makes him tougher then his usual meals.

Have you ever seen an MCU movie? :lol: Yeah.
Have you seen a Jurassic Park movie?

Cap is super strong yes.
Durable yes.

But again, ITS A MASSIVE GENTICALLY ALTERED MONSTER.

Not to mention, this is a dinosaur that took A PLANE to the literal weakest part of its body and all it did was make it pissed off enough to try and murder those inside for the rest 3 days.

Also, you seem to avoid mentioning Cap's duarabillity in your rundown. Fancy strength feats don't mean shit if the other opponent can get a one shot kill on you (which is what being crushed by jaws/pawed by claws strong enough to break the neck of an animal MADE TO HAVE A STRENGTHENED NECK would be)

Edit: Also, having reviewed the clip, Spino was not struggling to catch Alan and Eric It was right on top of them and they just reached the gap before he could catch them.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Have you seen a Jurassic Park movie?

Cap is super strong yes.
Durable yes.

But again, ITS A MASSIVE GENTICALLY ALTERED MONSTER.

Not to mention, this is a dinosaur that took A PLANE to the literal weakest part of its body and all it did was make it pissed off enough to try and murder those inside for the rest 3 days.

Also, you seem to avoid mentioning Cap's duarabillity in your rundown. Fancy strength feats don't mean poop if the other opponent can get a one shot kill on you (which is what being crushed by jaws/pawed by claws strong enough to break the neck of an animal MADE TO HAVE A STRENGTHENED NECK would be)
I don't see why being a monster is relevant. Isn't fighting monsters pretty much Super Hero 101? Cap can manage.

And you seem to avoid acknowledging Cap's speed, which is a serious factor here. Yes, I agree that the Spino can one-shot kill him if it gets a good bite in, but it has to catch him first.

Something else to consider is that, being in an airport, Cap will have plenty of cover available, buildings or large planes that he can enter or hide behind. The Spino will have limited ability to follow him, and he can ambush it or throw projectiles from areas it can't access. ...heck, for that matter, he could blow up a plane's fuel tank and fry the Spino that way. He's got a lot of options here.

SoggyNoodles2016

JAGzilla wrote: I don't see why being a monster is relevant. Isn't fighting monsters pretty much Super Hero 101? Cap can manage.

This MIGHT have held a bit more weight if Cap fought a Levithan or something, but.

he did not.

He's only fought humans, enhanced humans, and aliens.

In fact, the only "monstery" foe Cap has faced has been the Outriders and they've been the only thing to overpower him on screen that aren't Thanos.

Any way, this whole thing is pedantic anyhow, because you missed my point: the Spino is a completely different foe then Cap's normal ones.
And you seem to avoid acknowledging Cap's speed, which is a serious factor here. Yes, I agree that the Spino can one-shot kill him if it gets a good bite in, but it has to catch him first.

Now, I know you said I've never watched an MCU movie, but if I'm not wrong, Cap's fighting style is 100% involved with placing himself solidly to fight hand to hand or to throw the shield.

so, that's probably prime catching time, yeah?
Something else to consider is that, being in an airport, Cap will have plenty of cover available, buildings or large planes that he can enter or hide behind. The Spino will have limited ability to follow him

I get your point, Jag, really I do. Hell, I think that fuel tank thing you suggested might even let Cap win it.

But this is nowhere NEAR the curbstomp in Cap's favor you're suggesting it is.

RIP Evan.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Giratina93 wrote:My thing is, Thanos's strength is incredibly inconsistent even in the same movie. One minute he's making Hulk look like a lightweight pansy, the next he's struggling to outmuscle CAPTAIN AMERICA. So Caps himself, we don't really have a clear cut ceiling for how strong he is.
Thanos didn't look like he was really exerting himself against Cap, though. Thanos was tearing apart Iron Man's armor that had chunks of a moon fall on it. Also keep in mind it took SIX PEOPLE to keep Thanos restrained, and one of them was using mind control to subdue him and even then, he was STILL making them struggle.

For the match at hand, I'm torn. Cap has superior agility and an indestructible shield, and Spino is basically a giant monster. Cap is strong and fast enough to land painful hits on the Spino and I can probably see him even holding the Spino's jaws open given his impressive strength feats. I can see Cap winning by throwing his shield down the Spino's throat and making it choke to death on it, or he climbs onto the Spino and bashes it's brains open. Alternatively I feel like the Spino can win with just one bite, lol.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Cap will definitely stand his ground and fight head-on when he can get away with it, but he's not stupid. He knows when that isn't going to work and changes tactics accordingly. IIRC, he was doing a lot of jumping and dodging when he fought Loki in the first Avengers movie, staying away from Loki's superior strength and that mind-controlling spear. He's also willing to use stealth and sneak attacks, such as when he silently took out the guards on the ship in Winter Soldier.

On a related note, Cap's tactical brilliance is an important factor. Take the Chitauri invasion. He plunged right into total screaming chaos, hundreds of enemies on all sides, fighting for his life, and had no problem at all taking control of the situation. He had to not only fight, but protect civilians, direct a team, maintain overall situational awareness, stem the flow of alien reinforcements, and go after the Tesseract to close the portal, and he handled all of this without missing a beat, playing general and ensuring that the police and his fellow Avengers were doing what they needed to do to get the job done. By comparison, staying one step ahead of a lone dinosaur when he has nothing to worry about but himself is going to be child's play for him. Yes, it's still powerful and dangerous, but his ability to outmaneuver it both physically and mentally gives him a real edge.