King Ghidorah (MonsterVerse) vs. Grand King Ghidorah

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Gigantis
Sazer

King Ghidorah (MonsterVerse) vs. Grand King Ghidorah

Post by Gigantis »

Based on a post in the Legendary vs. Showa Ghidorah thread i made.

Stats for Grand King

https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/king_ ... thra.htm#g

Stats for MonsterVerse Ghidorah

https://wikizilla.org/wiki/King_Ghidorah/Legendary

Arena: New York City

Rules:
Grand King is 150 meters tall and weighs 100,000 tons.
Win by death or retreat (or a mix of both)
winner becomes Alpha Titan.

My verdict: Honestly,Grand King. MonsterVerse Ghidorah is one strong boi but...we're talking about one of the most OP monsters in Toho's library here. First off,the gravity beams probably aren't getting through that barrier. Second,i know people will say that MV Ghidorah is much better in physical combat,but i really don't see what's stopping Grand King to realize that,stay far away as he can (he isn't stupid) and then just bombard him with everything in his arsenal. Third,death drop won't do poop because Grand King can fly even if he loses his wings,and speaking of which,he's MUCH faster than his American counterpart. Despite this,i think MonsterVerse Ghidorah's regen could pretty much save him from death,unless all three of the heads are destroyed (i think Ghidorah needs at least one head to regenerate from,all are gone and he's gone) but eventually,he's gonna give up fighting and leave Earth,while Grand King takes control of the Titans.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Re: King Ghidorah (MonsterVerse) vs. Grand King Ghidorah

Post by GmkGoji »

Grand. HE IS STRONK.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

MonsterVerse Ghidorah would maul Grand Ghidorah to death. Problem is that GKG's beams will prevent him from doing so. I dunno if they have any electrical properties, so they may or may not charge MV Ghidorah up, but I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they aren't. MV Ghidorah won't die easily and will put up a hell of a fight, but GKG is too beam spammy.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Monsterverse King Ghidorah would most likely beat Grand King Ghidorah in physical combat especially with his enemy draining bite. That depends on if he could get close, however. With equal versatility, better defense with his shield as opposed to regeneration, and the ability to mind control his enemy which could give it the edge on long range as well as render strategies from the equally smart kaiju useless even more gives the long range advantage overall. Maybe the energy from the aforementioned bite could help it overpower the shield, but again that depends on if he can reach him. Without being able to get close, Grand King Ghidorah wins.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

Bozhe Moi.

I'm leaning towards MonsterVerse King Ghidorah. A Gravity Beam exchange will accomplish nothing. GKG's barrier negates MV Ghidorah's gravity beams; MV Ghidorah either absorbs the energies of GKG's rays or regenerates any damage he receives. Both Ghidorahs engage in close quarters combat, ending with MonsterVerse Ghidorah's triumph.
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

This is all assuming GKG produces the radiation needed for MVKG to use, which he probably doesn't.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

MV Ghidorah WILL get close quarters, there's no doubt in my mind. He has the snake like movements, slick attacks that catch the enemy off guard, and he's extremely creative.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

_JNavs_ wrote:MV Ghidorah WILL get close quarters, there's no doubt in my mind. He has the snake like movements, slick attacks that catch the enemy off guard, and he's extremely creative.
Yeah,but how long is that gonna last? What's stopping Grand King from just realizing that he's better off from afar,getting out of there (at speeds MV can't catch because he's much faster)then just blast him to high heaven? Plus barrier,MV can't get through barrier.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

_JNavs_ wrote:MV Ghidorah WILL get close quarters, there's no doubt in my mind. He has the snake like movements, slick attacks that catch the enemy off guard, and he's extremely creative.
Funny you should mention close quarters. Cause there's literally a scene where Grand King flies over Mothra and just fucking stomps on him full force.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Close quarters against a monster who can shoot beams from his wings and head (which consist of about 3/4 of where the close quarter fighting would go) and a energy barrier is the worst battle strategy since invading Russia in winter.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Grandy has lots of advantages compared to MV Ghiddy. Utility abilities like gravity wells, energy shields and unjuiced wing-lightning, enough durability to require Armor Mothra to beat him and extremely powerful Grand Gravity Beams comparable to Keizer Gravity Beams. No matter how good MV Ghidorah is good at CQC, I don't think he stands a ghost of a chance against a monster like Grand King Ghidorah. He'll be blasted into atoms before he even gets close and there's no way he can pierce Grand's shield without getting blown apart at close range either.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

Besides the charged unison bolt blast, which he rarely uses as a finisher, there's almost nothing stopping MV from ripping Grand a new one, be it ground or sky. The rest of the other lightning abilities would probably give MV a good tickle though.
LamangoKaijura wrote:Funny you should mention close quarters. Cause there's literally a scene where Grand King flies over Mothra and just fucking stomps on him full force.
Neither Mothra nor Grand have the flight capability to get the upper hand on MV. Even MV Rodan would run amok on those two if it was just tooth and claw attacks. Highly doubt Grand is going to do anything special physically against someone who's not one tenth his size moving faster than him.
Last edited by Unit~NoA on Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Unit~NoA wrote:Besides the charged unison bolt blast, which he rarely uses as a finisher, there's almost nothing stopping MV from ripping Grand a new one, be it ground or sky. The rest of the other lightning abilities would probably give MV a good tickle though.
LamangoKaijura wrote:Funny you should mention close quarters. Cause there's literally a scene where Grand King flies over Mothra and just skreeonking stomps on him full force.
Neither Mothra nor Grand have the flight capability to get the upper hand on MV. Even MV Rodan would run amok on those two if it was just tooth and claw attacks. Highly doubt Grand is going to do anything special physically against someone who's not one tenth his size moving faster than him.
Grand King doesn't need close quarters to win,he can just blast his American counterpart to high heaven. In no way possible is MV, durable ad he is,gonna survive consistent shots of what easily took down one of the strongest kaiju in the Toho library

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

tyrantgoji wrote:Grand King doesn't need close quarters to win,he can just blast his American counterpart to high heaven. In no way possible is MV, durable ad he is,gonna survive consistent shots of what easily took down one of the strongest kaiju in the Toho library
As I said, he sparingly uses his strongest gravity bolts. The rest of the lightning attacks' visual significance is giving Leo just decent? amount of discomfort. Its nothing MV can't handle. Besides, MV has healing factor anyway, so superficial attacks won't last. In 15 seconds Grand gets swarmed.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Unit~NoA wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:Grand King doesn't need close quarters to win,he can just blast his American counterpart to high heaven. In no way possible is MV, durable ad he is,gonna survive consistent shots of what easily took down one of the strongest kaiju in the Toho library
As I said, he sparingly uses his strongest gravity bolts. The rest of the lightning attacks' visual significance is giving Leo just decent? amount of discomfort. Its nothing MV can't handle. Besides, MV has healing factor anyway, so superficial attacks won't last. In 15 seconds Grand gets swarmed.
Getting Mothra Leo hurt at all is a feat in itself. Again we're talking perhaps one of,if not THE strongest monster Toho's ever put out. MV Ghidorah is not gonna stand up to Leo in any way shape or form,that's a lot less than what Grand can say/

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

tyrantgoji wrote:Getting Mothra Leo hurt at all is a feat in itself. Again we're talking perhaps one of,if not THE strongest monster Toho's ever put out. MV Ghidorah is not gonna stand up to Leo in any way shape or form,that's a lot less than what Grand can say/
Leo has the strongest form out of most other kaijus. And that's only because he has a hack ass special ability. Other than that, Leo's base and rainbow forms don't even share the same durability stats as Armor regardless. We have very little to go with out of his other minor attacks besides making Leo's lesser forms feel uncomfortable.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Yes, cause that's what Godzilla beam did. Give Ghidorah a tickle. Not floor him in Antarctica. Lemme guess, next you'll say MV Ghidorah can drain GKG.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

Unit~NoA wrote: Besides the charged unison bolt blast, which he rarely uses as a finisher, there's almost nothing stopping MV from ripping Grand a new one, be it ground or sky. The rest of the other lightning abilities would probably give MV a good tickle though.
A head-on collision that dropped the otherwise very tanky (and heavier) Dagahra didn’t even faze Mothra. A single burst of GKG’s Gravity Bolts, however, nearly dropped Mothra completely out of the sky. Any use of his main beams, charged or not, would most definitely halt an advancing MV Ghidorah, especially since there’s nothing notably compelling to suggest MV could absorb them.

Having said that, MV Ghidorah will be dominating in CQC, but it won’t be because of the ineffectiveness of his opponent’s weaponry. GKG, despite everything he has going for him, has the unfortunate habit of letting his opponent attack first. It worked out for him against Rainbow Mothra, but against MV Ghidorah, it’ll prove to be his undoing; GKG will quickly find himself overwhelmed before he has a chance to properly retaliate.
LamangoKaijura wrote:Yes, cause that's what Godzilla beam did. Give Ghidorah a tickle. Not floor him in Antarctica. Lemme guess, next you'll say MV Ghidorah can drain GKG.
Godzilla’s beam didn’t even connect with Ghidorah in Antarctica.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

EmperorGhidorah wrote:
Having said that, MV Ghidorah will be dominating in CQC, but it won’t be because of the ineffectiveness of his opponent’s weaponry. GKG, despite everything he has going for him, has the unfortunate habit of letting his opponent attack first. It worked out for him against Rainbow Mothra, but against MV Ghidorah, it’ll prove to be his undoing; GKG will quickly find himself overwhelmed before he has a chance to properly retaliate.

..I don't really remember GKG's weird battle strategy being like that. I might need to re-watch ROM3.

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

EmperorGhidorah wrote:A head-on collision that dropped the otherwise very tanky (and heavier) Dagahra didn’t even faze Mothra. A single burst of GKG’s Gravity Bolts, however, nearly dropped Mothra completely out of the sky. Any use of his main beams, charged or not, would most definitely halt an advancing MV Ghidorah, especially since there’s nothing notably compelling to suggest MV could absorb them.
Physical resistance =/= Beam resistance when taking account of heat of the energy beam. Now with Leo's bolt response....The way I saw it: Leo got hit, falls back, then maintained linear flight after non-responsively getting hit two more times until getting stomped on. To each his own to interpretations because I don't have any other say but a charged blast is still more efficient from what's demonstrated.