King Ghidorah (MonsterVerse) vs. Grand King Ghidorah

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Re: King Ghidorah (MonsterVerse) vs. Grand King Ghidorah

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

Unit~NoA wrote: Physical resistance =/= Beam resistance when taking account of heat of the energy beam.
Absolutely. But Dagahra didn’t go down due to the blunt force of the collision itself. If he had, he would have likely been thrown backwards in the same way Desghidorah was when he collided with Leo. No, Dagahra simply plummeted into the lake below, so it’s more plausible that he was stunned by the massive explosion of energy at the point of impact. The same one that failed to do the same to Mothra. Meaning it’s a perfectly legitimate example to use here.
Now with Leo's bolt response....The way I saw it: Leo got hit, falls back, then maintained linear flight after non-responsively getting hit two more times until getting stomped on. To each his own to interpretations because I don't have any other say but a charged blast is still more efficient from what's demonstrated.
Of course a charged blast is better. I am simply pointing out that a rather durable Rainbow Mothra was hurt and or damaged every time he was hit by those Gravity Bolts, charged or not (yes, Mothra was negatively responsive to that second burst of Gravity Beams, as he visibly slowed down and descended even further).
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

Had to rewatch the scene again, forgot that there was a massive explosion. But now I'm on the ropes whether or not such explosion was thanks to Leo beaming at the very moment of impact. Because if that's so he was going to win that exchange regardless if it was intentional planned.
Of course a charged blast is better. I am simply pointing out that a rather durable Rainbow Mothra was hurt and or damaged every time he was hit by those Gravity Bolts, charged or not (yes, Mothra was negatively responsive to that second burst of Gravity Beams, as he visibly slowed down and descended even further).
But such damage (that isn't the charged bolts) will hardly amount to much to something that went through far more worse and no sold them in most cases. And regen.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Are we even sure GKG's gravity bolts are even electric based or do the just look like it?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

tyrantgoji wrote:Are we even sure GKG's gravity bolts are even electric based or do the just look like it?
Consdiering GKG is the only other Ghidorah other than Shin and Keizer that's explicitly shown to have Gravity Manipulation, I say his gravity beams are actual gravity beams that are more concussive and explosive than electrical in nature. The blasts produced also seem to indicate such.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

GKG's Gravity Beams were vaporizing Skyscrapers. Like individual beams were vaporizing skyscrapers iirc. MVKG just doesn't compare
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Unit~NoA wrote:Had to rewatch the scene again, forgot that there was a massive explosion. But now I'm on the ropes whether or not such explosion was thanks to Leo beaming at the very moment of impact. Because if that's so he was going to win that exchange regardless if it was intentional planned.
Sounds like you're grasping at a few straws there, amigo. Other than the actual explosion, which is no smoking gun in itself, do you having anything persuasive to suggest Mothra lasered Dagahra at the point of collision? Because as it stands, there's no tangible evidence to suggest he did in that instance, or any other collision for that matter.
But such damage (that isn't the charged bolts) will hardly amount to much to something that went through far more worse and no sold them in most cases. And regen.
A) Nothing MV Ghidorah "no sold" comes close to the destructive potency of GKG's Gravity Bolts. If they were powerful enough to throw a beast like Rainbow Mothra off his game, they'd be similarly effective against MV Ghidorah. Sure, they wouldn't inflict life-threatening injuries in a single burst, but the idea that they'd do nothing more than give MV "a good tickle" is absurd.

B) If I'm understanding the novelization material for KOTM correctly, MV Ghidorah's exceptional healing factor only comes into play when there's a reliable amount of radiation for him to absorb. Regardless, his regen is demonstrably not combat-effective, so I don't see how it'll be relevant here; any damage he takes will count.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

EmperorGhidorah wrote: Sounds like you're grasping at a few straws there, amigo.
Don't worry, friendo. I'm not saying he beamed in all his collisions. But this one however follows no logic.
Besides constantly beaming before impact, the explosion appearing itself is hilariously random. Hell, if anything there's no correlation between these fluctuating reactions with DesGhido getting a few sparks, Dagahra and Mothra getting engulfed by a explosion bigger than Grand's strongest bolts, and Armor Leo's being completely dry. You certainly can't use such anomaly as something note worthy when they all follow no rule in their occurence.

To be clear, this isn't discounting all collisions or even Dagahra's. But using the explosion as a parameter of Leo explosive/beam resistance is wonky. Especially again, he went down from smaller types.
Nothing MV Ghidorah "no sold" comes close to the destructive potency of GKG's Gravity Bolts.
The individual bursts visually didn't summon the same impressive spark-plosion force on Leo as it did on skyscrapers and the one that finished him. I seldom believe MV and his completely more massive frame is going to react the same way generating greater kinetic force charging at Grand. Also quite sure Amped MVgoji's breath would've done a better job throwing Leo off track than Grand's single bursts, and floor skyscrapers all the same too. And I rate his breath only slightly below Grand's best bolts.

Point well taken with the novelization though. But Grand's weaker bursts are still more superficial in nature compared to what he experienced and Grand's unison blasts. It's going to be combat efficient enough in that case.
Last edited by Unit~NoA on Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

So if GKG blew out MVG's wings, would MVG even be able to move? I feel like he'd plop over until his wings regenerated enough.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Unit~NoA wrote: Don't worry, friendo. I'm not saying he beamed in all his collisions. But this one however follows no logic.
Besides constantly beaming before impact, the explosion appearing itself is hilariously random. Hell, if anything there's no correlation between these fluctuating reactions with DesGhido getting a few sparks, Dagahra and Mothra getting engulfed by a explosion bigger than Grand's strongest bolts, and Armor Leo's being completely dry. You certainly can't use such anomaly as something note worthy when they all follow no rule in their occurence.

To be clear, this isn't discounting all collisions or even Dagahra's. But using the explosion as a parameter of Leo explosive/beam resistance is wonky. Especially again, he went down from smaller types.
You make it seem like I’m solely using the amount of sparks or something as evidence of the explosion’s power. I’m not; I’m focusing on what it did to Dagahra. Knowing the hows and the whys behind things like “spark-plosions” are far less relevant in these instances than what effect they had on their environment.

I don’t know how the actual explosion occurred; maybe it manifested as a result of Mothra and Dagahra’s bodily chemistry colliding at high speeds. But I do know that Dagahra went down in a very specific fashion that caters well to the idea that whatever that explosion was, it remains our best explanation for his briefly stunned state. That’s why I think it’s a valid example.
The individual bursts visually didn't summon the same impressive spark-plosion force on Leo as it did on skyscrapers and the one that finished him.
The explosions on Mothra may not have been as big because his body absorbed more of the blast than those skyscrapers did. Either way, it’s not a valid counterargument here when I’ve been specifically referring to their detrimental effect on Mothra, not the size of the explosion they created on him.
I seldom believe MV and his completely more massive frame is going to react the same way generating greater kinetic force charging at Grand.
To be clear, when I was discussing MV Ghidorah charging, I had his intent to attack in mind. In that context, kinetic force or not, there’s no reason to assume he’d power through them if they were damaging him.
Also quite sure Amped MVgoji's breath would've done a better job throwing Leo off track than Grand's single bursts, and floor skyscrapers all the same too. And I rate his breath only slightly below Grand's best bolts.
Not when it comes to heat and explosive power.
Point well taken with the novelization though. But Grand's weaker bursts are still more superficial in nature compared to what he experienced and Grand's unison blasts. It's going to be combat efficient enough in that case.
To give you a concrete picture of the effect I think the Gravity Bolts would have, I imagine they’d more or less be as harmful as MV Ghidorah’s wing lightning on Godzilla. They certainly wouldn’t kill him, but they’d hurt and they’d burn. And that’d prove dangerous in the long run for a kaiju who, again, has never demonstrated a reliably combat-effectual healing factor.

To restate my core stance on the matchup, I do think MV Ghidorah has better odds at winning here. But it will be because of the two Ghidorah’s respective fighting styles, and the mistake GKG will make in that regard, and not due to the ineffectiveness of GKG’s primary weapon.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Lol not even a close match.

GKG slaughters MonsterVerse King Ghidorah easily.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

I give it to MonsterVerse Ghidorah. His regen would allow him to weather the storm of the Gravity Beams and his superior size, strength and physical combat abilities would prove a problem for Grand. Not to mention the energy drain bite would bleed him dry.

Grand just lacks a way to kill MonsterVerse Ghidorah for this.