Heisei Godzilla vs Monsterverse King Ghidorah (Spoilers)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Heisei Godzilla vs Monsterverse King Ghidorah (Spoilers)

Post by Gigantis »

no chance? i won't say Ghidorah wins but it is not that simple my dude. on the other side of he coin though,i do feel a lot of people overestimate MV Ghidorah. him blasting Rodan in the ocean is not that impressive (he weighs,like 200x more and is also 100x his size) and his regen...we don't even now how fast it works and honestly i don't think he'd regenerate from just one head super duper fast like some think. still abstaining from this one.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

tyrantgoji wrote:I do feel a lot of people overestimate MV Ghidorah. him blasting Rodan in the ocean is not that impressive (he weighs,like 200x more and is also 100x his size) and his regen...we don't even now how fast it works and honestly i don't think he'd regenerate from just one head super duper fast like some think. still abstaining from this one.
I think the feat has more to do with Ghidorah being taken down midair by Rodan at first, and mid free-fall him being able to regain his position on top, while coming down on Rodan like an eagle with it's prey, all while simultaneously trying to rip Rodan in half with his side heads and going for the neck with his main head, before drop kicking him downwards and gravity beaming his ass into the deep blue sea.

I don't think anyone here realistically thinks Ghidorah can regen Deadpool style from one head, but his regeneration is certainly no joke.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

_JNavs_ wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:I do feel a lot of people overestimate MV Ghidorah. him blasting Rodan in the ocean is not that impressive (he weighs,like 200x more and is also 100x his size) and his regen...we don't even now how fast it works and honestly i don't think he'd regenerate from just one head super duper fast like some think. still abstaining from this one.
I think the feat has more to do with Ghidorah being taken down midair by Rodan at first, and mid free-fall him being able to regain his position on top, while coming down on Rodan like an eagle with it's prey, all while simultaneously trying to rip Rodan in half with his side heads and going for the neck with his main head, before drop kicking him downwards and gravity beaming his ass into the deep blue sea.

I don't think anyone here realistically thinks Ghidorah can regen Deadpool style from one head, but his regeneration is certainly no joke.
well when you put it that way i can kinda see why people think it's impressive. still have some trouble seeing it though,if Rodan was larger (say 83 meters or so) then i'd be right along with you.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

tyrantgoji wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:

well when you put it that way i can kinda see why people think it's impressive. still have some trouble seeing it though,if Rodan was larger (say 83 meters or so) then i'd be right along with you.
Lol yeah I completely see where you're coming from, if Rodan was larger it'd make an already wicked feat, an even more incredible one.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Rodan's entire biology is centered around living inside volcanos, but a single blast from Ghidorah's middle head downed him instantly. Either Ghidorah's Gravity Beams are so hot that it surpasses even Rodan's heat tolerance, or it had more to do with it's electrical properties. Basically like being hit with a giant taser. In the Antarctic battle before that, one gravity beam from one of the heads downed Godzilla. They where also slicing clean through buildings, which admittedly isn't super impressive as far as beams go, but still. Ghidorah's gravity beams will still hurt Heisei Godzilla, just not in a game-changing way.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

King Ghidorah was specifically mention to be unaffected by the Oxygen Destroyer because he's an alien and his body chemistry is different enough that it's not affected by it, not that he simply tanked the blast somehow. It's not a durability feat, it's an incompatible-chemistry feat.

And he did have his neck ripped off before that, after a very short battle. I think there's no way that he is more durable than the Heisei King Ghidorah. Better regen, sure. (Still with a long delay when not being fuelled by runaway radiation from a burning Godzilla, but decidedly better nonetheless.) But not better durability.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

_JNavs_ wrote:I think the feat has more to do with Ghidorah being taken down midair by Rodan at first, and mid free-fall him being able to regain his position on top, while coming down on Rodan like an eagle with it's prey, all while simultaneously trying to rip Rodan in half with his side heads and going for the neck with his main head before drop kicking him downwards and gravity beaming his ass into the deep blue sea
Mis-remembering more things? Dude you really need to go back and actually watch the movie. None of the red text happens in their little tiff.

-They clash
-Rodan's on top of Ghidorah pecking at him while Ghidorah just watches. His heads don't join in at all.
-Ghidorah some how spreads open Rodan's wings and blasts him into the ocean with one Gravity Bolt.

It's really not that impressive, especially for something that big compared to Rodan.
Breakdown wrote: In the Antarctic battle before that, one gravity beam from one of the heads downed Godzilla.
Kind of an outlier feat considering it never happens again. Even later on in the same fight when Ghidorah nails Godzilla in the gills with one bolt he barley moves and charges up his Atomic Ray. Which Ghidorah lets him do with no interference at all. The strongest they are is when they're all combined like when he pushes Godzilla into the ice crevasse or when he kills Mothra. I'd say individually Heisei Ghidorah's bolts were stronger.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:I think the feat has more to do with Ghidorah being taken down midair by Rodan at first, and mid free-fall him being able to regain his position on top, while coming down on Rodan like an eagle with it's prey, all while simultaneously trying to rip Rodan in half with his side heads and going for the neck with his main head before drop kicking him downwards and gravity beaming his ass into the deep blue sea
Mis-remembering more things? Dude you really need to go back and actually watch the movie. None of the red text happens in their little tiff.

-They clash
-Rodan's on top of Ghidorah pecking at him while Ghidorah just watches. His heads don't join in at all.
-Ghidorah some how spreads open Rodan's wings and blasts him into the ocean with one Gravity Bolt.

It's really not that impressive, especially for something that big compared to Rodan
"Somehow spreads open Rodans wings"

Ghidorahs side heads spread open Rodans wings, seemingly trying to tear him in 2, while the main head goes for Rodan's neck. I'm not misremembering. Then drops him and gravity beams him into the deep blue.

It's impressive because of how well Ghidorah's midair maneuvers were.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

_JNavs_ wrote: "Somehow spreads open Rodans wings"

Ghidorahs side heads spread open Rodans wings, seemingly trying to tear him in 2, while the main head goes for Rodan's neck. I'm not misremembering. Then drops him and gravity beams him into the deep blue.

now that i look at it, it seems more like they opened his wings so he couldn't get another shot in,then Ghidorah blast him with the gravity beam right after. i don't see the middle head biting down on Rodan's neck.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

tyrantgoji wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: "Somehow spreads open Rodans wings"

now that i look at it, it seems more like they opened his wings so he couldn't get another shot in,then Ghidorah blast him with the gravity beam right after. i don't see the middle head biting down on Rodan's neck.
That part i could be pushing it with, i'll rewatch the scene rn.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

It looked more like he was trying to restrain Rodan so the middle head could shoot him.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

_JNavs_ wrote:"Somehow spreads open Rodans wings"

I was referring to how we go from a shot of Rodan sitting on top of Ghidorah pecking the shit out of him while Ghiodrah just lets him to a shot of Ghidorah immediately spreading open Rodan. A whole portion of the fight just isn't there. Also, you're super embellishing what KG was doing, he wasn't trying to rip Rodan in half lol You're trying to pull an ocean from a puddle. The only impressive thing in that sequence is Rodan overpowering Ghidorah briefly.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:"Somehow spreads open Rodans wings"

I was referring to how we go from a shot of Rodan sitting on top of Ghidorah pecking the poop out of him while Ghiodrah just lets him to a shot of Ghidorah immediately spreading open Rodan. A whole portion of the fight just isn't there. Also, you're super embellishing what KG was doing, he wasn't trying to rip Rodan in half lol You're trying to pull an ocean from a puddle. The only impressive thing in that sequence is Rodan overpowering Ghidorah briefly.
It's a feat for both characters as far as I'm concerned, Rodan the underdog overwhelmed King Ghidorah briefly. Then the tides turned in Ghidorah's favor and yes, it is possible that Ghidorah was only spreading Rodan's wings for a clear shot, but that's still a clean feat/maneuver nonetheless, especially since following that, Ghidorah gravity beamed Rodan right into the ocean, which, if we take into consideration that water is like a brick floor depending on the height of the fall. That had to be a critical hit.

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

Breakdown wrote:Rodan's entire biology is centered around living inside volcanos, but a single blast from Ghidorah's middle head downed him instantly. Either Ghidorah's Gravity Beams are so hot that it surpasses even Rodan's heat tolerance, or it had more to do with it's electrical properties. Basically like being hit with a giant taser. In the Antarctic battle before that, one gravity beam from one of the heads downed Godzilla. They where also slicing clean through buildings, which admittedly isn't super impressive as far as beams go, but still. Ghidorah's gravity beams will still hurt Heisei Godzilla, just not in a game-changing way.
I appreciate this thread becoming of interest again, because I've been thinking over this for awhile.

And Breakdown, I have to say it may have more to do with the latter factor. There wasn't any smoke residue coming off of Rodan after the bolt hit. So I think the taser analogy works best by overloading his nervous system, effectively stung him into a KO. That's not to say they don't have heat though. They've charred to vaporized human bodies but that's certainly isn't out there in the kaiju world.

Also, I guess the book explained to us that Ghidorahs regen is based upon the intake of radiation. So unfortunate for Heisei his beam is far from overwhelming in damage to make up the energy Ghidorah feeds off of it to heal. His breath is essentially a healing ray.

Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegazilla »

If Godzilla's radioactive beam would spark Ghidorah's regeneration then that would have happened in KoTM whenever Godzilla shot him with it.

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

Omegazilla wrote:If Godzilla's radioactive beam would spark Ghidorah's regeneration then that would have happened in KoTM whenever Godzilla shot him with it.
I'm going by what people said what happened in the novel, which is being treated as a correlation between the movie.

Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegazilla »

Well if we're gonna mix and match stuff from the novel and other non-movies sources things are gonna get really crazy, really fast!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Well if we are using Novel stuff for this,Ghidorah's gonna need a good amount of radiation if Godzilla end up blowing off a head or two to regenerate it. Luckily there's a living one right there! :P

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

_JNavs_ wrote:It's a feat for both characters as far as I'm concerned, Rodan the underdog overwhelmed King Ghidorah briefly. Then the tides turned in Ghidorah's favor and yes, it is possible that Ghidorah was only spreading Rodan's wings for a clear shot, but that's still a clean feat/maneuver nonetheless, especially since following that, Ghidorah gravity beamed Rodan right into the ocean, which, if we take into consideration that water is like a brick floor depending on the height of the fall. That had to be a critical hit.
Dude. Ghidorah spreading Rodan out is not an impressive feat, it's smart sure but it's nothing to write home about. Rodan overpowering Ghidorah is an impressive feat. Ghidorah doesn't do anything special in the dog fight with Rodan.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

Breakdown wrote:Sure, but neither Spiral Rays will be a factor here since Godzilla usually requires an outside source to give him the boost he needs to use it. Also it was the sheer radioactivity that Godzilla was emitting that melted the armor, not the spiral ray itself. If we want to talk about Godzillas with the most firepower, Anime Godzilla comfortably takes that spot with his charged atomic rays annihilating entire cities in one shot, and his spiral ray obliterating an asteroid/planetoid (can't remember what Gorath was classified as) all the way from earth. His sonic roar literally disentigrating dropships and his plasma tail swipe thingy annihilating an entire forest made of the same super-strong bio-metal he is. It also goes without saying that AniGoji would wipe the floor with MV Ghidorah.
He didn't exactly need an outisde source to use it in SpaceGodzilla or King Ghidorah...

Breakdown wrote:The fact is that Heisei Godzilla is completely outclassed here. Sure MonsterVerse Ghidorah's Gravity Beams will do little more than push him around or irritate him, but he doesn't need them when he can throttle Godzilla in the one category he falls short in: melee. He can't keep up with MV Ghidorah in melee despite his impressive strength. He couldn't even defeat Heisei Ghidorah in melee, so he most certainly won't be beating the equally strong, faster, smarter and more aggressive MonsterVerse Ghidorah. Given how straight up sadistic this Ghidorah is, he's going to break Heisei Goji and make him suffer before snuffing out his life.
Heisei Godzilla had the strength to toss Heisei Ghidorah around like a rag doll. He's thrown Mechagodzilla a ridiculous distance, drawn blood from one of Ghidorah's necks, bitten through Biollante's vines, and was able to strangle Rodan nearly to death. Everyone complains that Heisei would be too reliant on his beams, but never seem to take into account his feats of physcial strength.

EDIT: Yeah I know this topic basically died months ago, but I was bored and found it again while browsing.
EDIT 2: But hey, the Blu-Ray of KOTM is out now, so people can rewatch the film and more accurately assess MV Ghidorah's abilities.
Last edited by Gojirawars 03 on Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ