The Jurassic Park/World Series

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Re: The Jurassic Park Series (1-5)

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Also watched ''Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous'' on Netflix. All 8 Episodes were good, it was interesting how they tied in with the events of Jurassic World. I was expecting trash but was pleasantly surprised.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Loganrules115 wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Manuelito Canelito wrote:
Ye, but what?

Kill a kid or something?
Spoiler:
Yes.
Spoiler:
No, he's still alive. Watch the post-credits scene.
Spoiler:
You can tell from the post ManuJM responded to that I noticed that. I gotta say that it'll be way harder to be invested in season 2 because of Ben somehow surviving that fall.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Alright, i'm convinced, totally watching Camp Cretaceous sometime later on today.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Episodes three and four continued to be pretty decent. Yasmina kind of feels like the writers didn't quite know what to do with her, but we'll see. Ben is still pretty much unlikeable.
Spoiler:
Having the Sinoceratops pull the Gyrosphere out of the mud could've been made to work, but the execution ended up being silly. I do like that they've done something interesting with Sammie, though; I'll go ahead and predict now that she's related to/otherwise influenced by someone from Biosyn, which would actually be rather cool, as I had zero expectation of seeing them in this show. Indominus lacks any of the presence or menace she had in the movie, and just comes across as a generic destruction monster. No real surprise there, though; if she did anything intelligent, the kids wouldn't be making it out of the show alive.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

I binged it this afternoon (while ironing clothes). It was pretty enjoyable. The dinosaur scenes were treated with the awe and/or gravity of the films, which I liked. My wife walked when the two counselors hear the death screams of different people on the radios and wondered if this was really for children or not (I told her that death was implied and not shown).That scene was pretty freaky, though. Some of the bickering gets old, especially when it feels like they've come to understand each other. I was glad to see the Carnotaurus get so much action. I didn't really expect it to end the way it did.
Spoiler:
Is the last season going to lead into Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I'm probably a black sheep here but I actually liked Ben. He seemed to be the only character who's consistantly smart but that may just be because he's literally scared of everything. Actually, it's definitely because he's literally scared of everything.
Spoiler:
They should've kept him dead, though. There's no way he survived a fall that high.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I actually got around to watching the show, i don't remember how far into it i got, but i'm enjoying what i see.

And then Netflix glitched and kicked me out.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Camp cretaceous is actually pretty good, much to my surprise.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

All the Dominion set photos are really peaking my interest. One photo showing a snowy/wintery scene. Nice to see a bit more variety from the franchise.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

The dude camp counselor is literally a character ripped from a Disney Jr show
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

All right, got Camp Cretaceous finished. It has its flaws, some shoddy animation here and there, and an alarming amount of 'how did they survive that?' moments, but manages to stay entertaining in spite of that. The characters grew on me, and the writers did a fair job trying to translate a stressful survival situation into kids' cartoon language. The dinosaurs, surprisingly, were mostly the weak links, with Indominus mostly lacking presence (though she had a few moments), Toro being a clumsy, useless dumbass, and the Pteranodons reaching new heights (ha ha flying pun) of absurdity in the monorail sequence. Bumpy... was there. I did like that she was mostly dead weight and made everything harder, at least. The bioluminescent Parasaurolophus were kind of cool, though, and I appreciated having an "ooh, ahh, look at the beautiful majestic dinosaurs" moment that wasn't focused on sauropods.

I'm looking forward to the second season. It'll probably be more polished, and presumably less focused on reaching an objective and more on just staying alive in dinosaur land, so that has a lot of potential to be interesting.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Assuming Netflix decides not to give me another middle finger, i'll check out the rest of the show sometime today.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

My long story short thoughts on 'Camp Cretaceous': It's no 'Primal', but it's still more than enjoyable.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Jeff Goldblum just recreated the ''Chaos Theory'' scene that he did with Laura Dern in the Original Jurassic Park and did it was Sam Neil and Sam Neil stated ''he is scared'' haha He posted it on his Instagram.

Very funny to watch.

link - https://www.instagram.com/p/CF1K3GHjkRq ... _copy_link

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

Just finished the series and honestly, was delightfully pleased. It's nice to see other dinos that aren't the Rex, the Raptors and the Brachios getting some more well-deserved focus. The human cast is fairly tolerable as well, and Bumpy... well, she's adorable but does have a tendency to make things worse with her whimpering at times. Overall the show isn't perfect but has plenty of strenghts and overall the good outweights the bad.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Official poster and new release date.

RIP Evan.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Image

Official poster and new release date.
Ooh. Now that is much nicer than the grey color scheme of the last two.

Not gonna lie, though, for a brief second I thought it was a Jack-O-Lantern.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Well, now that we know it's coming, can the title of this thread be changed to (1-6) now, or should we wait until it's actually released to theaters and then change it?

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Re: The Jurassic Park Series (1-6)

Okay I absolutely love the New Poster.

UltramanGoji

Re: The Jurassic Park Series (1-6)

Post by UltramanGoji »

Wonder why Chris Pratt is billed so low.