The Jurassic Park/World Series

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: The Jurassic Park Series (1-5)

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Dominion is scheduled to resume filming July 6th.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Happy to hear that. I say push the release back from June 11th to June 25th. Not that 2 weeks is going to make up the difference for the gap in the schedule(I feel like being a year out, they will be able to fully absorb and account for the delay in shooting)....I just prefer it to come on the heels of my Birthday(and with a release on the 25th, it would debut the night of the 24th, my B-Day)....and I think having the July 4th holiday weekend boosting the 2nd weekend of film would be great for the Box Office results.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Yeah but I think they may have chosen June 11 specifically because it's exactly 28 years since the release of the original film.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

‘Jurassic Park’ Roars To No. 1 Again At Weekend Box Office, 27 Years After Original Release, Jaws takes the number 2 spot.

EXCLUSIVE: Steven Spielberg’s 1993 movie Jurassic Park was No. 1 for the fourth time in its release history this past weekend as movie theaters tried to have a semblance during the COVID-19 pandemic over what is typically a big moviegoing weekend, Father’s Day.

While 2020 fare like Universal/Dreamworks Animation’s Trolls World Tour had been leading at a still distressed box office for 9 weekends (with the exception of last weekend when The Invisible Man returned to the top of the chart), catalog titles dominated the majority of this weekend with Universal’s Jurassic Park earning $517,6K at 230 sites and the studio’s Jaws taking $516,3K at 187 locations

link - https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jur ... 17561.html

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Dominion is scheduled to resume filming July 6th.
Late reply, but since i think they're filming in a place where COVID cases are still lowering, i think this is a good idea. Still no guarantee it'll stay though.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

XxComablack1937xX wrote:‘Jurassic Park’ Roars To No. 1 Again At Weekend Box Office, 27 Years After Original Release, Jaws takes the number 2 spot.

EXCLUSIVE: Steven Spielberg’s 1993 movie Jurassic Park was No. 1 for the fourth time in its release history this past weekend as movie theaters tried to have a semblance during the COVID-19 pandemic over what is typically a big moviegoing weekend, Father’s Day.

While 2020 fare like Universal/Dreamworks Animation’s Trolls World Tour had been leading at a still distressed box office for 9 weekends (with the exception of last weekend when The Invisible Man returned to the top of the chart), catalog titles dominated the majority of this weekend with Universal’s Jurassic Park earning $517,6K at 230 sites and the studio’s Jaws taking $516,3K at 187 locations

link - https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jur ... 17561.html

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION Casts TASM Actor Campbell Scott As A Character From The Original JURASSIC PARK

Ladies and Gentlemen we finally have our ''Lewis Dodgson'' back from the rival company of INGEN who tasked Dennis Nedry (Wayne Knight) with stealing the dinosaur embryos from Isla Nublar in another Jurassic Park film. In the upcoming sixthquel, Dodgson will now be the CEO of Biosyn Genetics.

link - https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/j ... rk-a176359

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Literally WHAT

This is the single most interesting bit of information to come out about this movie yet, and I am officially hyped. Also,

"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

XxComablack1937xX wrote:JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION Casts TASM Actor Campbell Scott As A Character From The Original JURASSIC PARK

Ladies and Gentlemen we finally have our ''Lewis Dodgson'' back from the rival company of INGEN who tasked Dennis Nedry (Wayne Knight) with stealing the dinosaur embryos from Isla Nublar in another Jurassic Park film. In the upcoming sixthquel, Dodgson will now be the CEO of Biosyn Genetics.

link - https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/j ... rk-a176359
Oh shit

Oh FUCK
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

W E G O T D O G S O N H E R E

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

So the only living characters from JP1 that haven't been confirmed for Dominion are the kids, right?
Last edited by gottatalktothefake on Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

They'd probably be nothing more than cameos if anything. Only Ellie and Grant are known to have major roles. Goldblum's role is unknown. Personally I hope not.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Dang. We got the big news of Dodgson returning and then everything went silent. :lol:

Filming's restarted, so i'm expecting a bit more news in the coming months.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Gigantis wrote:Dang. We got the big news of Dodgson returning and then everything went silent. :lol:

Guess nobody did care

RIP Evan.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I'm wondering how Grant is going to react to Blue. There's an interesting dynamic there that I kinda hope they touch upon.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I'm wondering how Grant is going to react to Blue. There's an interesting dynamic there that I kinda hope they touch upon.
Probably amazed that raptor's could actually be trained to be a friend to humans. Well, mostly anyway.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I'm wondering how Grant is going to react to Blue. There's an interesting dynamic there that I kinda hope they touch upon.
Being fascinated by her and also having PTSD about being eaten.

RIP Evan.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Being fascinated by her and also having PTSD about being eaten.
Imagine Malcom's PTSD when he hears a loud thunder in the distance followed by ripples in the water.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Colin is claiming Dominion will feature more animatronics than any previous Jurassic World film. He also claims there will be a greater use of CGI to physically enhance the animatronics themselves.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Colin is claiming Dominion will feature more animatronics than any previous Jurassic World film. He also claims there will be a greater use of CGI to physically enhance the animatronics themselves.

Colin also confirmed Dominion will have it's first feathered Dinosaur created by Biosyn, and the first early plot synopsis which reads:
Spoiler:
When young Maisie is abducted by Dino-Poachers, Owen and Claire set out to find and rescue her, with there journey taking them to a Dinosaur habitat operated by a global corporation with a possibly sinister agenda... that's even now being investigated by Alan and Ellie.
Link to video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBQarrpHX4Y&t=303s
Last edited by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX on Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.