Inhumanoids

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Re: Inhumanoids

Post by Vakanai »

The One and Only wrote:
SonOfGorgo wrote:This may or may not be necroposting, but I'll take the risk anyway.

I would love to see a Primordia series produced by Polygon Animation. Say what you may about Transformers Prime, Robots in Disguise 2015, and even the Godzilla Monster Planet trilogy. At least the transformers and monsters did look cool in those, and I'd love to see the Inhumanoids reimagined in their style.
A spin-off series to TF:PRIME was in the works entitled UNIT:E (https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Unit:E) involving the human cast of the show. Agent Fowler. Jake. Miko. Raf. And Ratchet who stayed behind on Earth at show's end. It was intended as a backdoor pilot to other Hasbro properties like Stretch Armstrong, M.A.S.K., Candyland, and the renamed Inhumanoids, Primordia. Probably would've been animated in the style of the follow up to PRIME, Robots In Disguise. Although I thought the CGI used in Prime would've done an excellent job with Tonrar and the other residents of Primordia.
According to GODZILLA:Rulers of Earth artist Matt Frank. The premise for Primordia, was that the monsters featured, and probably some not featured in the UNIT:E made their presence known due to the threat Tonrar and the others thought humanity presented to the Earth over their abuse of the environment. And rise up to wipe us out.
Frank also stated that one of the main impediments to a long awaited revival of the Inhumanoids stemmed from legal issues. Partially because the parent company of the Inhumanoids, Hasbro, also at the moment the rights to create figures to Marvel Comics' characters. Most notably, the Inhumans.
Which probably Hasbro thought would cause too much confusion among the consumers. Also, apparently Hasbro no longer has the rights to names or characters to the Inhumanoid line. It came up during the controversial run of writer Aubrey Sitterson on G.I. JOE, where he planned to have Metlar and company make their long awaited return. Outlines were approved, but right in the middle of everything, Hasbro told the writer the Inhumanoids couldn't be used do the company no longer having rights to names. So that's why kaiju sized versions of the creatures from third G.I. Joe:ARAH mini series, "Pyramid of Darkness" , the Fatal Fluffies.
Was it revealed then who does have the rights if not Hasbro?
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

The One and Only wrote:A spin-off series to TF:PRIME was in the works entitled UNIT:E (https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Unit:E) involving the human cast of the show. Agent Fowler. Jake. Miko. Raf. And Ratchet who stayed behind on Earth at show's end. It was intended as a backdoor pilot to other Hasbro properties like Stretch Armstrong, M.A.S.K., Candyland, and the renamed Inhumanoids, Primordia. Probably would've been animated in the style of the follow up to PRIME, Robots In Disguise. Although I thought the CGI used in Prime would've done an excellent job with Tonrar and the other residents of Primordia.
According to GODZILLA:Rulers of Earth artist Matt Frank. The premise for Primordia, was that the monsters featured, and probably some not featured in the UNIT:E made their presence known due to the threat Tonrar and the others thought humanity presented to the Earth over their abuse of the environment. And rise up to wipe us out.
Interesting premise. I wonder how that would correspond with Earth turning out to be Unicron.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Vakanai wrote:
The One and Only wrote:
SonOfGorgo wrote:This may or may not be necroposting, but I'll take the risk anyway.

I would love to see a Primordia series produced by Polygon Animation. Say what you may about Transformers Prime, Robots in Disguise 2015, and even the Godzilla Monster Planet trilogy. At least the transformers and monsters did look cool in those, and I'd love to see the Inhumanoids reimagined in their style.
A spin-off series to TF:PRIME was in the works entitled UNIT:E (https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Unit:E) involving the human cast of the show. Agent Fowler. Jake. Miko. Raf. And Ratchet who stayed behind on Earth at show's end. It was intended as a backdoor pilot to other Hasbro properties like Stretch Armstrong, M.A.S.K., Candyland, and the renamed Inhumanoids, Primordia. Probably would've been animated in the style of the follow up to PRIME, Robots In Disguise. Although I thought the CGI used in Prime would've done an excellent job with Tonrar and the other residents of Primordia.
Frank also stated that one of the main impediments to a long awaited revival of the Inhumanoids stemmed from legal issues. Partially because the parent company of the Inhumanoids, Hasbro, also at the moment the rights to create figures to Marvel Comics' characters. Most notably, the Inhumans.
Which probably Hasbro thought would cause too much confusion among the consumers. Also, apparently Hasbro no longer has the rights to names or characters to the Inhumanoid line. It came up during the controversial run of writer Aubrey Sitterson on G.I. JOE, where he planned to have Metlar and company make their long awaited return. Outlines were approved, but right in the middle of everything, Hasbro told the writer the Inhumanoids couldn't be used do the company no longer having rights to names. So that's why kaiju sized versions of the creatures from third G.I. Joe:ARAH mini series, "Pyramid of Darkness" , the Fatal Fluffies.
Was it revealed then who does have the rights if not Hasbro?
Matt Frank didn't say who maybe had the rights. But it read like that Hasbro had just let the rights to the toy line lapse, and haven't even bothered to renew the copyright. Back in 1999, 2000, something similar had happened with the G.I. JOE line when Hasbro been re-releasing a lot of the classic figures after a couple years of the Real American Hero's absence. Some classic character names like General Hawk, the Baroness, and Roadblock couldn't be used with the new batch of figures. So General Hawk was released as General Tomahawk. Saying on his filecard it another nickname code-name. Roadblock and Baroness' figs were released as total new characters. Double-Blast and Chameleon respectively. When Devil's Due came out with a new Joe mag picking up where the original left off. Hawk was still called Hawk, occasionally with someone using the Tomahawk name. But Roadblock and Baroness still went by their monikers. Hasbro just couldn't make, market any figures with those names until they got the rights issues sorted. Which eventually happened. I also think that's what went on with other evil faction, the Red Shadows. When introduced in the Devil's Due mag, the rights for the characters that were known by some long time Joe, Action Force (British name for the Joe brand). Weren't used, so a new group of villains were created, including new uniforms. It wasn't until a few years later that the classic characters, Black Major, Muton, and classic uniform designs, were brought back as part of a convention exclusive set. Then started showing up in the IDW ,Larry Hama continuation of the Marvel series.

If I did have to speculate if anyone owns the rights to the characters, it would probably be Marvel Entertainment. On some of the prototype card backs for the never released second series of the INHUMANOIDS. Like Tank here, sorry, couldn't find a better image.
The copyright states Inhumanoids were copyrighted under Marvel Comics Entertainment Group. Wouldn't mind seeing if some of the those who worked on the original line knew about this. But looking at the cards for the original set, they were all listed as Hasbro Inc. properties.
Although since Marvel, along with Sunbow, produced the series, commercials, and the short lived comic series. I had always thought they had worked closely with Hasbro on the comics, and series' to their various toy lines, advertising. It wasn't that far out there see the House of Ideas get some mention. Likewise, IDW, has had a similar close relationship in promoting the TRANSFORMERS ,and designs of some the characters.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

They need to make a Hasbro Cinematic Universe and include these guys.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

LegendZilla wrote:They need to make a Hasbro Cinematic Universe and include these guys.
I'd rather they avoid the pitfall some other studios have made (WB/DC, Universal) and just focus on making good movies first, and then if they're successful bringing them all together in a shared universe.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Vakanai wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:They need to make a Hasbro Cinematic Universe and include these guys.
I'd rather they avoid the pitfall some other studios have made (WB/DC, Universal) and just focus on making good movies first, and then if they're successful bringing them all together in a shared universe.
If the Bumblebee film is anything to come by, that may likely be happening already.

The One and Only
Futurian

Two videos. The first discussing the copyright issues cockblocking a righteous INHUMANOIDS revival.

Also, a podcast from a group of blokes who work under the moniker, Plastic Fanatics, talk about the Evil Within. But it doesn't really dig into the war between Earth Corps and Metlar's posse until one hour ,and forty-six minutes into the video.

And some cool fan designs of the INHUMANOIDS Hellraptor Studios.
https://www.deviantart.com/hellraptorst ... -806521626
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Watched the series on It'sSaturday!, And D'compose is my favorite inhumanoid!

He has a cool, design, cool powers, and I like how he had the best time with a certain potion.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

The One and Only
Futurian

UltimateDitto wrote:Watched the series on It'sSaturday!, And D'compose is my favorite inhumanoid!

He has a cool, design, cool powers, and I like how he had the best time with a certain potion.
One thing that I had always bugged me since I snagged the Volume 2 DVD. I had previously seen the episodes "Cult of Darkness" and "Negative Polarities" before. But what I didn't know was that both episodes were back to back. I had assumed that there was another episode between the two with D-Compose after consuming Nightcrawler's and Blackthorne's serum that would render him ,and his D-Composed victims immune to the sunlight. Either the formula working temporarily, fighting Earth Corps, damn near winning in a daylight battle, and its effects wearing off. Scorching his smelly hide, and restoring his D-Composed victims back to their old selves. Retreating back beneath the Earth, and seeking revenge on his collaborators for their formula's failure at the courthouse. Or the very least D-Compose testing the potion ,and it not preforming as advertised. Then seeking payback against Mangler and Shore.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

The One and Only wrote: One thing that I had always bugged me since I snagged the Volume 2 DVD. I had previously seen the episodes "Cult of Darkness" and "Negative Polarities" before. But what I didn't know was that both episodes were back to back. I had assumed that there was another episode between the two with D-Compose after consuming Nightcrawler's and Blackthorne's serum that would render him ,and his D-Composed victims immune to the sunlight. Either the formula working temporarily, fighting Earth Corps, damn near winning in a daylight battle, and its effects wearing off. Scorching his smelly hide, and restoring his D-Composed victims back to their old selves. Retreating back beneath the Earth, and seeking revenge on his collaborators for their formula's failure at the courthouse. Or the very least D-Compose testing the potion ,and it not preforming as advertised. Then seeking payback against Mangler and Shore.
Right, I would have loved to see D'compose get a surprise attack on Earth corpsn n the daytime like you said, but we unfortunately just skip over that part, assuming that's how it would go.

Also, I was actually referring to the love potion he was hit with later down the line. :lol:
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

The One and Only
Futurian

UltimateDitto wrote:
The One and Only wrote: One thing that I had always bugged me since I snagged the Volume 2 DVD. I had previously seen the episodes "Cult of Darkness" and "Negative Polarities" before. But what I didn't know was that both episodes were back to back. I had assumed that there was another episode between the two with D-Compose after consuming Nightcrawler's and Blackthorne's serum that would render him ,and his D-Composed victims immune to the sunlight. Either the formula working temporarily, fighting Earth Corps, damn near winning in a daylight battle, and its effects wearing off. Scorching his smelly hide, and restoring his D-Composed victims back to their old selves. Retreating back beneath the Earth, and seeking revenge on his collaborators for their formula's failure at the courthouse. Or the very least D-Compose testing the potion ,and it not preforming as advertised. Then seeking payback against Mangler and Shore.
Right, I would have loved to see D'compose get a surprise attack on Earth Corps n the daytime like you said, but we unfortunately just skip over that part, assuming that's how it would go.

Also, I was actually referring to the love potion he was hit with later down the line. :lol:
Dang, my bad. The serum Mangler and Blackthorne Shore teamed up to develop, and the aftermath of the Cult episode are usually at the front of my mind when the show comes up. "Primal Passions", an offbeat, but interesting episode when one comes to think of it. Has a weird Tim Burton quality to it. Especially D-Compose, and Scary Sondra's scenes in D-Compose's ballroom with his orchestra. And Metlar, under the influence of Liquidator's botched serum. Stealing the Statue of Liberty, and bringing her to life. Only for her to turn into Alice Kramdom. And hen peck the Tyrant of the Core. I do feel a bit of sympathy for Tendrill though. Although the other Tendrill was a robot, it was sad to see it go into the acid pools to be destroyed as a distraction so Earth Corps could get the kidnapped Stella Blaze to safety. Tendrill, while quite destructive, and takes quite a bit of enjoyment from said destruction. Seemed like the most innocent of the Inhumanoids. And it came off as a dick move from Earth Corps doing what they did to that robot in front of him.

Added in 4 months 25 days 20 hours 21 minutes 53 seconds:
Anyone who's interested, check out ROM:Dire Wraiths. While not the full fledged Inhumanoids revival that we've been waiting for too long. The story of Dire Wraiths feature a of researchers called Adventure-One. During the 1969 Moon Landing, investigating possible inhuman threats to the world. Led by Dr. Hank Armstrong, and Dr. Sandra Shore. And several other familiar, but changed for SJW reasons, characters from Earth Corps.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

SJW reasons? Who and what was changed?

The One and Only
Futurian

A look at the reimagined Earth Corps, now called Adventure Team, from the first issue of ROM:Dire Wraiths.
And now decked out in their full Adventure Team gear.

Added in 1 month 4 days 23 hours 59 minutes 50 seconds:
Doing one of my perusals my perusals of the World Wide Web today just casually looking for some new stuff on the Inhumanoids.
Surprisingly I found two entries on D-Compose and Tendril on the Appendix of the Marvel Universe website. The Inhumanoids had a short lived Marvel book published which adapted the opening mini-series introducing the Inhumanoids, "The Evil That Lies Within.". The series was cancelled before the storyline was completed by the mag's fourth issue. So which qualified Metlar's posse for entries to the Appendix. Anywho, here's
D-compose
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix7/dcompose87119inh.htm
, and Tendril. Which also, being an adaptation of the script for the inaugural episodes of the series. Shows a unseen scene where we learn the fate of Tendril's clones generating from the Ravager of the Mantle's severed limbs. At his command Tendril can cause the other Tendrils to wither away.
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix7/tendril87119inh.htm
Last edited by The One and Only on Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

They should make a Hasbro Cinematic Universe including these characters.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

LegendZilla wrote:They should make a Hasbro Cinematic Universe including these characters.

The One and Only
Futurian

SonOfGorgo wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:They should make a Hasbro Cinematic Universe including these characters.
Seconded.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

I don't need a whole cinematic universe, but count me in as thirded for an Inhumanoids movie.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

If we ever got just a D'Compose standalone movie and it was good, it would probably be the most enjoyable thing for me to watch.

Immediately I'm picturing Godzilla meets Evil Dead meets Journey to the Center of the Earth (the original).
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

GojiDog wrote:If we ever got just a D'Compose standalone movie and it was good, it would probably be the most enjoyable thing for me to watch.

Immediately I'm picturing Godzilla meets Evil Dead meets Journey to the Center of the Earth (the original).
Never seen the original Journey to the Earth movie, but I did read the book once as a kid. Either way, that mix of things sounds awesome.

The One and Only
Futurian

Interview with INHUMANOIDS story runner Flint Dille.

And Part One of RetroBlasting's review of INHUMANOIDS entitled, "Children's Entertainment Goes To...HELL !" :twisted: