Neon Genesis Evangelion

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Post by Saturndusk »

Just watched this and enjoyed so dropping it for others

There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

EvaGhidorah01
Monsterland Worker

Post by EvaGhidorah01 »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:46 pm Anyone think that it would be interesting one day if they did a live-action remake of the series?
There was nearly a live-action American adaptation of the series. You can find a lot of concept art for the project by Weta Workshop online.

If you want to know a bit more about it than I remember TitanGoji having a pretty good video about it on YouTube.
"Take that you dinosaur!" - Major Spielberg

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Damn, Weta finally cracked Shinji's egg I guess
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Rewatched Eva recently. I enjoyed it. I don't think it's the untouchable masterpiece a lot of people say it is, but I did enjoy it and think it's good. I also got reminded of how the Ramiel episode is essentially Shin Godzilla expect way, WAY better.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:25 pm Rewatched Eva recently. I enjoyed it. I don't think it's the untouchable masterpiece a lot of people say it is, but I did enjoy it and think it's good. I also got reminded of how the Ramiel episode is essentially Shin Godzilla expect way, WAY better.
If you like the Ramiel episode watch the first rebuild. While I can't say it adds too much, there are some stylistic differences as its 3rd act is kind of an interesting remake of that episode. Plus the soundtrack is killer.
Last edited by Jetty_Jags on Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He Jock it Made of Steel

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

I like that they just go full anime with it and have Asuka swinging around a weapon several times her size while dressed as a schoolgirl.
Resized Image

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Khara has announced on twitter that 3.0 + 1.0 would be delayed due to the worsening pandemic conditions in Japan, with no indication of when it would be released again. The official statement released on the Khara’s Evangelion website included the announcement that the release of Shiro Sagisu’s soundtrack, originally scheduled for February 10, would be delayed too.
https://www.evageeks.org/2021/01/3-0-1- ... ttle-good/

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Release date for 3.0 + 1.0 is now March 8...
https://www.evageeks.org/2021/02/evange ... s-march-8/

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

Just got a preorder notice for this from BBTS:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/154450

Last edited by Legendary Gojira on Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Apparently, Eva's series bible was really different from the show we got and to be honest, I'd probably prefer this book's approach. Anyways, here's one of the few Apostolos to have made it into the show: Sachiel.
I like the final design better but it's nice to see the so-called Angel of Water, y'know, swim.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Holy shit, the new Evangelion movie is coming out this week randomly. I'm gonna go see it! Expect some spoilers baby!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:27 pm Apparently, Eva's series bible was really different from the show we got and to be honest, I'd probably prefer this book's approach. Anyways, here's one of the few Apostolos to have made it into the show: Sachiel.
[img]https://wiki.evageeks.org/images/thumb/ ... achiel.jpg[/ig]
I like the final design better but it's nice to see the so-called Angel of Water, y'know, swim.
The final battle was suppose to be 12 Apostles vs the 3 Evas in the series bible.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:28 pm
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:27 pm Apparently, Eva's series bible was really different from the show we got and to be honest, I'd probably prefer this book's approach. Anyways, here's one of the few Apostolos to have made it into the show: Sachiel.
[img]https://wiki.evageeks.org/images/thumb/ ... achiel.jpg[/ig]
The final battle was suppose to be 12 Apostles vs the 3 Evas in the series bible.
Yup. I wonder how they would've pulled that off if this series came to fruition.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I'm confused, this is one that did or didn't make it in? What do you mean by Apostle?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:44 pm
I'm confused, this is one that did or didn't make it in? What do you mean by Apostle?
Sachiel made it in but he was heavily redesigned. Also, the Angels were called Apostolos (translated directly) in the pitch.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I do like that Sachiel design, wouldn't mind it being repurposed for something. Or even a game based off older ideas would be neat.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

EVANGELION:3.0+1.01 THRICE UPON A TIME To Launch Exclusively On Amazon Prime Video August 13th
Amazon Prime Video today announced the exclusive global premiere (outside of Japan) of the highly anticipated Japanese anime blockbuster EVANGELION:3.0+1.01 THRICE UPON A TIME (シン・エヴァンゲリオン劇場版:𝄂, Shin Evangerion Gekijōban:𝄂, 2021) on August 13th. EVANGELION:3.0+1.01 THRICE UPON A TIME is the fourth and final chapter of the new theatrical edition of Evangelion. The anime film – which is the highest-grossing in all movies by chief director Hideaki Anno and most-watched movie in Japanese theatres in 2021- is from directors Kazuya Tsurumaki, Katsuichi Nakayama and Mahiro Maeda as well as legendary creator, screenwriter and chief director Hideaki Anno (SHIN GODZILLA). To celebrate the finale of the franchise, Prime Video will also release the three previous movies, EVANGELION:1.11 YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE., EVANGELION:2.22 YOU CAN (NOT) ADVANCE., and EVANGELION:3.33 YOU CAN (NOT) REDO. to fans in more than 240 countries and territories.
“I’d like to thank every Eva fan in the world for your continued support.” said Hideaki Anno, Creator, Screenwriter and Chief Director. “We were looking for the best way to offer the movie to fans overseas as early as possible in a challenging situation with movie theatres during COVID-19, and are happy to have found Prime Video as a partner to stream it globally. We highly recommend watching it on a big TV screen for the best viewing experience.”
Also - Reminder that the original series, Death(True)2 and End of Evangelion are still available on Netflix, with GKIDS having announced a Blu-ray release for those as well.

Wonder if Funimation will get around to 3.0+1.01 or if there's a new deal concerning the Rebuilds?

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Very cool, I haven't seen the Rebuild films yet so this is perfect. I'm definitely picking up the GKIDS Blu-ray set too - I wonder if it'll have the Netflix subs and dubs?
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Holy moly…. Finally the 4th film will be available. Definitely watching them in August!
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Cool trailer. The end of an era! I'm new to Evangelion (watched the series and EOE a few months ago), but watching this makes me feel like I've been following the franchise for years.

Also, "Shin Evangelion"?
Last edited by Rando Yaguchi on Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.