Let's write a kaiju film!

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Al Diplodocus
Monsterland Worker
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Let's write a kaiju film!

Post by Al Diplodocus »

Just an idea I came up with on the spot. Basically we all take turns writing one to five lines for a kaiju story. I shall start first!

[Fade from black. We see a large nest of dirt. An egg is at the centre. The camera zooms in on it as a large shadow comes in from offscreen]
???: *Low rumbling noises*
[A large reptilian, beaked head lowers into view.]

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Re: Let's write a kaiju film!

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

*a terrifying roar*
[Lighting flash the screen and the title card appears.
Rage Of Skullasurus!!, in bloody red font.]
[Hardcut to opening credits over a series of cave paintings show a terrible monster, while creepy music plays.]

Al Diplodocus
Monsterland Worker
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

kingkevzilla88 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:14 am *a terrifying roar*
[Lighting flash the screen and the title card appears.
Rage Of Skullasurus!!, in bloody red font.]
[Hardcut to opening credits over a series of cave paintings show a terrible monster, while creepy music plays.]
The monster resembles a large bipedal crocodile lording over a large body of water
A narrator speaks
"I remember the legends my grandfather told me. For millennia it was said he had presided over the world."

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

"A powerful beast with horrifying appearance that could strike fear into the hearts of anyone, that hid it's true compassionate nature."
[Pans over shots of a deep, dark jungle]

Cryptid_Liker
Futurian

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

An expedition arrives to the jungle via helicopter. They've come here to investigate claims of a strange tribal civilization that harvests a material able to cure illness.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

The exhibition is a joint venture between Glasgow University, the British government and the Tera Corporation. Lead by Dr James Williams and Dr Alexander Davis.

Cryptid_Liker
Futurian

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gloria Wells, a scientist on the team, finds a small prehistoric reptile thought to have gone extinct 4 million years in the past. She hears rustling in the bushes and hurries to report her find.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
EDF Instructor

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Before she can get far, a giant tentacle grabs her from behind and squeezes her, causing her head to pop from her shoulders. The lizard she was holding falls back to the ground and the slimy appendage pulls back into the dense vegetation of the jungle. The lizard then rears up on its hind legs, approaches her corpse, and buries itself into the stump of her neck with its head sticking out of the bloody neck. The arms of the woman twitch and her legs buckle, she then stands, joints popping and creeping as the body stands up, seemingly alive, but with the head of the prehistoric reptile replacing Gloria Wells. The lizard's tongue flicks and it then says "Finally."

Cryptid_Liker
Futurian

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

(jesus christ)

Vakanai
Gotengo Officer

Post by Vakanai »

Then Jesus Christ comes down from the heavens and slaps the reptile's head clean off her body.
"There'll be none of that Satan!" he says
He then ascends back to the heavens
Always, *always* proofread, typos are Hedorah.
If you discover you have made a typo, *always* correct it.
Trust me.

Godzilla vs Kong: Kong won't die. He might win, he might lose, but he will survive.

Some netiquette:
1. If you don't want to be rude, *ask* me before you sig me.

Mac Daddy MM
EDF Instructor

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Do we really want to end the prior part with Jesus drifting back up to Heaven while a slimy tentacle is crawling around the forests, because I can do some real messed up stuff here.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:34 pm Do we really want to end the prior part with Jesus drifting back up to Heaven while a slimy tentacle is crawling around the forests, because I can do some real messed up stuff here.
That, and no offense, Vakani, but you NEVER pull that poop in one of these prompts.

#TeamMothra
#SheDoesn'tFight,JustHasANiceDayAndIsDisappointedInTheLackOfChill

Vakanai
Gotengo Officer

Post by Vakanai »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:48 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:34 pm Do we really want to end the prior part with Jesus drifting back up to Heaven while a slimy tentacle is crawling around the forests, because I can do some real messed up stuff here.
That, and no offense, Vakani, but you NEVER pull that poop in one of these prompts.
Sorry, felt it matched the sheer wtf-ery of the head popping replacing scene before it... :oops:
Always, *always* proofread, typos are Hedorah.
If you discover you have made a typo, *always* correct it.
Trust me.

Godzilla vs Kong: Kong won't die. He might win, he might lose, but he will survive.

Some netiquette:
1. If you don't want to be rude, *ask* me before you sig me.

Cryptid_Liker
Futurian

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

what the actual heck happened here

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Vakanai wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:59 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:48 pm
Sorry, felt it matched the sheer wtf-ery of the head popping replacing scene before it... :oops:
You're good!

My bad actually, I thought you wrote that because you DIDN'T want to follow up on the thing with the lizard, not that you were trying to match the tone.

That's a bit more understandable then.

#TeamMothra
#SheDoesn'tFight,JustHasANiceDayAndIsDisappointedInTheLackOfChill

eabaker

Post by eabaker »

While we're posting commentary rather than building on the story, I'm just gonna take a second to suggest to you guys that you avoid summary, which a couple of the posts so far have fallen into. In writing for the screen, you always want to explicitly state what the audience is seeing and hearing.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Mac Daddy MM
EDF Instructor

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

And as the fourth wall is broken, the screen blurs. The unseen watchers of this story remain steadfast on their quality entertainment. The lizard-headed body of Gloria Wells take a step back, nearly tripping as the reptilian brain struggles to stand on its new, human feet. The creature reaches down, grabbing the decapitated head of the woman between its hands when a voice calls out for her. It was one of the men from the expedition, Dr. Williams. The reptile mutters "Dammit" as it nearly drops the head, startled. It spins the head around and then spits a glob of fluid at the bloody base. It then lifts the head up over its own and begins to descend it, making sure any loose skin flaps to be hidden underneath her clothing. The strange substance the reptile spat acts as a glue, keeping it from falling off.

Now in total control of the body, the creature turns to see Dr. Williams, her lover, approaching from the trees. "Did you find anything yet, dear?"

"No, sadly." The reptile said, perfectly replicating Gloria's voice and likeness. "But I believe we are on the right trail for finding a cure for cancer here. I can just feel it inside me, ya' know?"

Dr. Williams approaches and grabs her hand, "I know you feel bad for the loss of your sister's cousin's friend's uncle's wife that you said you could save but couldn't. But I don't think the answer is here."

The disguised lizard pushes Gloria's head against his chest as they embrace. "I know, honey." It says, looking up just as his head comes down for a kiss...

His eyes then get wide. A horrid gush of crimson explodes from their connected face as a forked tongue bursts from the back of the man's skull like a spear. His body goes limp and body collapses into hers. The woman's flesh begins to pulsate, becoming a grotesque mixture of skin, blood and organs as it rapidly absorbs the body of Dr. Williams into that of Gloria's. Razor-sharp, iguana-like spines tear from her back as she hulks forward, using the man's body to increase its own. The lizard was using the flesh of mortals to increase its own host's size. As the last remains of his corpse was engulfed into Gloria's, the spines retracted and the forked tongue slithered back into her mouth...

"Oh my God..." Came a voice from behind, Dr. Alexander Davis'.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

The reptilian abomination of human flesh and scales turns around to see Dr. Alexander Davis and his wife, Beanie Bojangles staring in horrific awe...

..All the while, beyond the trees, their class of University students start to grow restless waiting for their Professors to guide them on their field trip expedition... so they go out into the forest.. looking for them.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage "Let them fight"