Finally, a DOG SOLDIERS sequel.

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
The One and Only
Futurian

Finally, a DOG SOLDIERS sequel.

Post by The One and Only »

In talking about his touring the festival circuit flick, THE RECKONING, and his next project in development, THE LAIR. Director Neil Marshall also talked about returning to the world of the flick which ingrained his name on many a horror fan's mind, DOG SOLDIERS. The film featuring a group of British soldiers on what's supposed to be a training exercise in the Scottish Highlands. Turns into a fight for their lives against a pack of werewolves. The film gained a rightful critical acclaim, and cult appreciation. Since the film's release in 2002, there's been talks of a sequel, or a trilogy of films to DOG SOLDIERS. From DOG SOLDIERS:Fresh Meat ,not written or to be directed by Marshall was announced. But passed hands between a series of directors before finally being shelved. Even a web series entitled DOG SOLDIERS:Legacy was in the works, but other than a brief preview segment, the planned series didn't happen.

Just recently Marshall had talked about revisiting the property again, along with star, Kevin McKidd, who played Sgt. Cooper in the flick, has also expressed interest. Basically the plot for the film goes back to an idea Marshall had for the second DOG SOLDIERS entry involving McKidd's character locked up in a mental institution after the events of the first flick. Cooper's tales of werewolves brushed off as crazy talk. However, the institute finds itself under siege by werewolves. Hoping this happens, and it even leading to a third film involving the military research division mentioned in the first flick. So what do you think ? Hopefull. Or throw it down in the ditch with the other sequel pitches ?
https://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/new ... r-a-sequel
Also a GoodBadFlicks video exploring the history of DOG SOLDIERS.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

XxComablack1937xX
Futurian

Re: Finally, a DOG SOLDIERS sequel.

Post by XxComablack1937xX »

Only do a sequel if it's a worthy follow-up otherwise don't bother. I enjoyed Dog Soldiers and would welcome a sequel but it just needs to have heart like the first did and not a cash grab or fan service.

I just don't want the sequel to end up like how American Werewolf in Paris was supposed to be a sequel to London. It was an absolute disgrace to that Original film I can't and wont associate the two together.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken - Oscar Wilde

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - Edgar Allan Poe

I wanted to be where nobody I knew could ever come. ― Sylvia Plath

You never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough. - William Blake

Vakanai
Gotengo Officer

Post by Vakanai »

XxComablack1937xX wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:42 pm Only do a sequel if it's a worthy follow-up otherwise don't bother. I enjoyed Dog Soldiers and would welcome a sequel but it just needs to have heart like the first did and not a cash grab or fan service.

I just don't want the sequel to end up like how American Werewolf in Paris was supposed to be a sequel to London. It was an absolute disgrace to that Original film I can't and wont associate the two together.
That film was meant as a sequel? I assumed it was always meant as a parody with a legally ok parody name...
Always, *always* proofread, typos are Hedorah.
If you discover you have made a typo, *always* correct it.
Trust me.

Godzilla vs Kong: Kong won't die. He might win, he might lose, but he will survive.

Some netiquette:
1. If you don't want to be rude, *ask* me before you sig me.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Vakanai wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:51 am
XxComablack1937xX wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:42 pm Only do a sequel if it's a worthy follow-up otherwise don't bother. I enjoyed Dog Soldiers and would welcome a sequel but it just needs to have heart like the first did and not a cash grab or fan service.

That film was meant as a sequel? I assumed it was always meant as a parody with a legally ok parody name...
The lass in the flick, Seraphine, was supposed to be the daughter of David and the nurse from AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON . According to actress who played her, Julie Delpy, in some interviews while plugging AWINP
. I'm guessing the scenes, or scene telling her backstory ended up on the cutting room floor.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

MechaSkeleturtle666
Samurai

Post by MechaSkeleturtle666 »

If it's half as good as the first one, it'll be amazing! I've waited so long for a sequel.

xMx
Young Farmer

Post by xMx »

This has the potential to be amazing!