Monstrum on DVD

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Vakanai
Gotengo Officer

Monstrum on DVD

Post by Vakanai »

Do threads just get deleted if not posted in after a year or...? Anyways, couldn't find the thread for this movie, but it's finally available for sell here in this west, picked it up from Wal Mart for $10, easily worth that price I think. The CGI for the monster obviously isn't up to modern Hollywood blockbuster effects, but is more than serviceable. And the locations and costumes and props for the period piece look fantastic. DVD box says Shudder original, guessing that just means they got the rights to release it here and didn't actually make this in any way...
Always, *always* proofread, typos are Hedorah.
If you discover you have made a typo, *always* correct it.
Trust me.

Godzilla vs Kong: Kong won't die. He might win, he might lose, but he will survive.

Some netiquette:
1. If you don't want to be rude, *ask* me before you sig me.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Monstrum on DVD

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Yeah this came out in Korea a couple years back, Shudder is just the American distributor.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Vakanai
Gotengo Officer

Post by Vakanai »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:10 pm Yeah this came out in Korea a couple years back, Shudder is just the American distributor.
I remember, there used to be a thread for it here, but the search function couldn't turn it up. Guess it takes two years to get from Asian cinemas to here (least if it isn't a Godzilla or anime release).

Going to be honest - the box art/display is horrible for this. It's so generic with the Shudder thing so loudly proclaimed on it that anyone passing it in the store would assume it was some low budget Asylum crap I think. I probably would have passed it if I didn't hang around on this forum. The movie luckily is quite good!
Trust me.

Godzilla vs Kong: Kong won't die. He might win, he might lose, but he will survive.

Some netiquette:

o.supreme
EDF Instructor

Post by o.supreme »

Wow, it's actually got quite a bit of good buzz and reviews. I've seen the dvd at Walmart a few times, btu it looked like a cheap Asylum film so I passed. knowing it's actually a Korean film, now I'll definitely give it a chance.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Vakanai
Gotengo Officer

Post by Vakanai »

o.supreme wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:10 pm Wow, it's actually got quite a bit of good buzz and reviews. I've seen the dvd at Walmart a few times, btu it looked like a cheap Asylum film so I passed. knowing it's actually a Korean film, now I'll definitely give it a chance.
Exactly! The box in Wal-Mart looks so much like a cheapo Asylum dreck feature that I would have passed on it too if I hadn't been aware of this film already. Shudder did a horrible job of distribution for this. But yeah, while not the best of Korean cinema, it is definitely worth giving a chance.
Trust me.

Some netiquette: